style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2526 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Could someone explain the difference between Pension Credit, Pension Guarantee Credit and Pension Savings Credit and give me an idea of who can claim them and what they bring wiht them.

(I should change my name to confused!)

Pension credit is basically income support for those over 61. It's income based and entitles you things like full council tax, rent, prescriptions, dental work, etc.

I think pension credit and pension guarantee credit are the same thing.

Yes pension credit is the new name for pension guarantee credit.

Are you sure about the over 61 bit? I'll be 61 in March 2014 but if I look at the retirement age for women born in (the example year given on the governement's page) whichis when Ican start claiming (I'm male) then I can't claim pension credits till 2016 IIRC. You could tell me I've got it all wroung, I'd love to be wrong.

It's gradually rising in line with the pension age.

There is more information about pension credit here

Yup, 2016 :-( So I have to put up with this Atos **** for another 4 years :-(

Are you sure about the over 61 bit?

It's 61 for now. Is it changing yearly or something now?

It changed in the last year as I have been claiming when I was sixty. I think Pension Guarantee comes into effect at age 65 or your normal state pension age and you have insufficient state pension as you were only in the country for 20 years. It then pays out the difference.

We are not sure how it is going to work for us as I have only about 20 years but the wife has over 25 years.

I was going just by age. But all my stamps are paid up bar about five months or so. The age you can claim it has been pushed back.