Vodafone Debt Collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My account with Vodafone is currently in arrears due to non-payment.

A few months ago it appeared I was going to be made redundant. I paid half of my monthly bill and contacted Vodafone to explain the situation, to which I was given a discount of £5 off for 2 months..... bearing in mind I had been a customer with Vodafone for over 6 years paying a high tariff in full and on time every month since first joining.

Anyway i called to explain that I wasn't going to be made redundant after all but my hours had been reduced meaning I couldn't afford to continue paying such a high amount every month on a phone which you can understand isn't really a high priority outgoing.

Today (17th November) I received a letter dated 9th November from CapQuest Debt Recovery who say they are acting on behalf of Vodafone, and also state they have sent me previous communication, something I know nothing about! I have received one letter from Vodafone to which i responded with a letter offering a monthly payment I can afford until I sort of my financial situation.

This letter from CapQuest stated my case will processed and passed to the next stage on or around 22nd November, which i can stop if i pay the whole amount to vodafone by this date. The amount stated on the letter is £97.44 however after speaking to an adviser from vodafone today, the amount i need to pay is in excess of £500, with a payment plan of £95 over 6 months being offered, something which i doubt anyone can afford in this current climate.

Can anyone advise on what I can do to work with vodafone to resolve the arrears? I no longer need my monthly line rental as I have a pay as you go phone, although i understand that the remaining line rental must be paid before the contract can be cancelled.

Regards,

Thomas Fairley

There is a Vodaphone rep on the forums - I will contact him and ask him to look in on you. I think it probably wont be until Monday.

CapQuest are the pits and if you can deal directly with Vodaphone that might be good news.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

To enable me to take a closer look into this could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Thomas

Lee is only looking to make sure he has current details so the debt collectors can harass you even more Lee is most likely one of the debt collectors being paid commission for online scanning. They really don't care about your current unemployment. This company has been harassing people by phone for years making threats on court. You spoke to vodafone the debt collectors only get onto you when vodafone have sold on the debt. So your going to get some amount of phone calls from them. Tell them and write to them (reg post) telling them to only contact you via registered post. If they continue to contact you via phone inform the cops and place a harassment charge. Record all phone calls you get from them.

I had a problem years ago with them i was miss sold a contract under false pretense and refused to pay as the contract was null and void and vodafone still sold it on doing nothing about a contract miss sold, so there not going to do a thing about payments they see a contact as a contract. Don't worry about paying them if you have not got the money you have not got it simple.

Ring vodafone up and only request to speak with them not the debt collectors. You will be told the debt collector company is dealing with it.

Let them send every letter in the door telling you there going to court with this at this time you will have a good harassment charge out on them with phone calls as there collection agents keep phoning.

With my case i got compensation from the harassment and the case was also dropped before the judge was willing to go into the details of the debt.

Put your foot down with this company the only leg they have is scaremungering people. Dont take any of it and let them make every threat they want, they have no power to make people pay money they dont have.

Leave them hang them selves again.

Best of luck

Hello Thomas

Lee is only looking to make sure he has current details so the debt collectors can harass you even more Lee is most likely one of the debt collectors being paid commission for online scanning. They really don't care about your current unemployment. This company has been harassing people by phone for years making threats on court. You spoke to vodafone the debt collectors only get onto you when vodafone have sold on the debt. So your going to get some amount of phone calls from them. Tell them and write to them (reg post) telling them to only contact you via registered post. If they continue to contact you via phone inform the cops and place a harassment charge. Record all phone calls you get from them.

I had a problem years ago with them i was miss sold a contract under false pretense and refused to pay as the contract was null and void and vodafone still sold it on doing nothing about a contract miss sold, so there not going to do a thing about payments they see a contact as a contract. Don't worry about paying them if you have not got the money you have not got it simple.

Ring vodafone up and only request to speak with them not the debt collectors. You will be told the debt collector company is dealing with it.

Let them send every letter in the door telling you there going to court with this at this time you will have a good harassment charge out on them with phone calls as there collection agents keep phoning.

With my case i got compensation from the harassment and the case was also dropped before the judge was willing to go into the details of the debt.

Put your foot down with this company the only leg they have is scaremungering people. Dont take any of it and let them make every threat they want, they have no power to make people pay money they dont have.

Leave them hang them selves again.

Best of luck

MAYBE you should read some more threads before your first post.

Lee does indeed work for Vodaphone and has helped many many people on these forums.

For clarification there is a list of resolved vodafone complaints here.

billsmithwise, from reading your post it seems you got on top of everything. The only thing you did not clarify is your credit file. Has that been corrected to reflect this mis sold package?

I think things would have gone smoother if Lee had gotten involved in your case. If there is any discrepancy on your credit file relating to this, get Lee involved... he does work fast and throughly!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi billsmithwise,

As havinastella as stated I am a Vodafone employee and as the hundreds of the people I've helped over the last few years can attest to I do try to be as helpful as possible.

It's disappointing to read about your own experience and as locutus has mentioned if you require any assistance with the credit file aspect of your case you're welcome to email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK