style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone, hope I can get some good advice here.

I have received a letter from equidebt regarding an old overdraft I had with my last bank demanding payment.

I defaulted on this account in summer 2008, and due to moving around this is the first I have heard regarding it in that time and I assume it not yet statute barred (I am based in Scotland)

Any advice on what I should do for now? I'm not really in a position to make payment as times are very hard at the moment and I certainly do not want to be badgered by them over the telephone so I have not contacted them.

Thank you.

An overdraft hey, bet it's full of reclaimable fees and charges?

Besides come summer next year it will be SB.

What does your credit file say about this?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you for your reply.

The last I checked my credit file was last year and it was showing on my file as I recall as unsatisfied from the bank itself.

It does looks like there have been some charges added in the amount, but not a huge amount, only a few hundred over the limit I had on the account.

Hi everyone.

I've had another letter regarding this today, and they are now threatening to send someone to discuss the matter at my home....are they allowed to do this???

i think they can send someone round but nowhere does it say you have to talk to them but maybe sent the door step visit letter , from the CAG library

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Well they have to make an appointment with you first, and as your not going to be making any such appointment with them, any unsolicited stranger they dispatch to your private property to discuss financial matters can very quickly be told to foxtrot oscar, if they fail to leave, then call the police and report that there is a stranger on your property who won't leave whn told to do so, and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace, then put the phone down and await the sound of sirens to work their magic and see the unqualified parasite scurry away.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!