Worried sick,arrow,letters from resolvecall

dylan02
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, could someone help me with the next letter to send, i had a visit from resolvecall last week, my partner answered the door and confirmed i lived here!! he was caught off guard! anyway i sent the doorstop letter and got this back today, the creditor is arrow global, resolvecall came to do the doorstop, but return letter is from scotcall, assume they same company?? i think the debt is from a catalogue from a couple of years ago, cant remember last time i paid but at least 12 months ago, and money has been very tight since.

this is letter i had today ::Resolvecall informs me that as part of the credit agreement I signed and entered into, I agreed to pay the full outstanding balance and that where necessary the creditor could recover the debt by outsourcing the debt to a third party which included by way of doorstep collectionlink3.gif. The second paragraph of their letter reads "Therefore the licence you state that has been revoked is irrelevant which for the avoidance of doubt we do not agree to, is not binding on us as it does not fulfill the relevant principles of contract law" I have no idea what this means or to what is refers.

They end with stating that they are entitled by law and under contract to recover monies outstanding and can take reasonable steps in accordance with regulatory guidance, which I assume means they can send someone round??

what do i do next please? any help most welcome, if anyone can draft a reply to help please

I doubt very much indeed there will be any reference to "doorstep harrassment" on terms and conditions. Yes, they can outsource but if you wish to only communicate in writing - they MUST respect this.

NO.. they cannot simply send someone to your door - this is against oFT Debt Collection guidance. There is a draft letter in the CAG library which advises that you wish only to communicate in writing. You can send a copy by post and keep another copy by the door - If they do turn up - then simply tell them to go away and hand them a copy of the letter.

Are there any default / penalty charges on the account ? You could take steps to reduce any liability be reclaiming these.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thank you will look for the letter and post to them, ive not cca'd them so i assume to do this at same time?, mainly because i am not even sure what debt this is for, firstly they said they were acting for phoenix now it says arrow global, but not original debtor. do i offer to make a small payment each month that i can afford just to stop them coming?

Well yes, you can send them a CCA Request - you need to send £1.00 with that and they have 12 working days + 2 to comply.

At this point in time, I wouldnt enter into any payment arrangmeent until you absolutely certain that the debt is yours.

Almost certainly you want to receive a statement of account as well to see if there are any default charges you can reclaim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

link?

thats the letter i sent to them and then got back this back....

."Resolvecall informs me that as part of the credit agreement I signed and entered into, I agreed to pay the full outstanding balance and that where necessary the creditor could recover the debt by outsourcing the debt to a third party which included by way of doorstep collectionlink3.gif. The second paragraph of their letter reads "Therefore the licence you state that has been revoked is irrelevant which for the avoidance of doubt we do not agree to, is not binding on us as it does not fulfill the relevant principles of contract law" I have no idea what this means or to what is refers.

They end with stating that they are entitled by law and under contract to recover monies outstanding and can take reasonable steps in accordance with regulatory guidance

is there another letter to send please,

Unlkely to have any significant impact unless signed.

thats the letter i sent to them and then got back this back....

."Resolvecall informs me that as part of the credit agreement I signed and entered into, I agreed to pay the full outstanding balance and that where necessary the creditor could recover the debt by outsourcing the debt to a third party which included by way of doorstep collectionlink3.gif. The second paragraph of their letter reads "Therefore the licence you state that has been revoked is irrelevant which for the avoidance of doubt we do not agree to, is not binding on us as it does not fulfill the relevant principles of contract law" I have no idea what this means or to what is refers.

They end with stating that they are entitled by law and under contract to recover monies outstanding and can take reasonable steps in accordance with regulatory guidance

is there another letter to send please,

CB was right in post #2. Send them a CCA request to get a copy of the agreement they maintain they have those rights under (they do not).

If they fail to supply it in time (12 + 2 working days) the account becomes unenforceable.

If you are up for it you should complain to the OFT too. They are in breach of OFT guidance for debt collection if they turn up again.

ok will def send the cca request off tomorrow, and will report to the oft no problems, as ive said im not even sure what this debt is for, thank you.

Apologies - I missed that.

The prove it letter would probably be a better starting place then.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Add a line to that to say, should any further communication be necessary you require it to be strictly by letter.