Blue badge question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a carer for a disabled lady, and I am also an additional driver for her Motability car - we both hold "Blue badges" for our respective disabilities.

What's the position if we park a car on a BB for the maximum time allowed, three hours usually, and then swop badges for up to six hours?

I should point out that we've never attempted this, but I was wondering whether it's allowed.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Blue badges belong to the person but traffic wardens and car parks identify by car. Parking restrictions - and exemptions such as bb - also refer to vehicles. Would you be willing to argue your ground in court? I for one would not.

Were you thinking of establishing a 24 hour rota between the pair of you so that you never need to move the car? And, if so, why would you then need a car at all?

Forgive me, I but jest.

It was simply an extension of an idle thought, whilst I was waiting for her to have her feet attended to by the Chiropodist - I have to park near the door, and help her up and down the steps.

I thought, "What would happen if we were both having something done, and the whole job took, say, four hours?"

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Email the parking services section of the Authority involved and ask the

question in a manner that isn't open to (mis)interpretation. If the answer is

favourable keep the mail safe, if not, you'll have have an answer either way at least.

Good luck, Dave.

People do not get issued with parking tickets, vehicles do. It is the vehicle that is exempted from the waiting restriction for 3 hours not the person, therefore if its there longer it will get a PCN regardless of how many blue badges you use.

re read response