style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2520 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am a carer for a disabled lady, and I am also an additional driver for her Motability car - we both hold "Blue badges" for our respective disabilities.

What's the position if we park a car on a BB for the maximum time allowed, three hours usually, and then swop badges for up to six hours?

I should point out that we've never attempted this, but I was wondering whether it's allowed.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

As it is the same car I would say that it breaches the rules - certainly it is against the spirit.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Blue badges belong to the person but traffic wardens and car parks identify by car. Parking restrictions - and exemptions such as bb - also refer to vehicles. Would you be willing to argue your ground in court? I for one would not.

Were you thinking of establishing a 24 hour rota between the pair of you so that you never need to move the car? And, if so, why would you then need a car at all?

Forgive me, I but jest.

It was simply an extension of an idle thought, whilst I was waiting for her to have her feet attended to by the Chiropodist - I have to park near the door, and help her up and down the steps.

I thought, "What would happen if we were both having something done, and the whole job took, say, four hours?"

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Email the parking services section of the Authority involved and ask the

question in a manner that isn't open to (mis)interpretation. If the answer is

favourable keep the mail safe, if not, you'll have have an answer either way at least.

Good luck, Dave.

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

People do not get issued with parking tickets, vehicles do. It is the vehicle that is exempted from the waiting restriction for 3 hours not the person, therefore if its there longer it will get a PCN regardless of how many blue badges you use.

you will get a ticket

for using a blue badge not in the perscribed manner

People do not get issued with parking tickets, vehicles do. It is the vehicle that is exempted from the waiting restriction for 3 hours not the person, therefore if its there longer it will get a PCN regardless of how many blue badges you use.

re read response

you will get a ticket

for using a blue badge not in the perscribed manner

No the PCN will be for parking in a restricted street as after 3 hours the exemption will no longer apply.