style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello i dont really know where im suposed to post im new here but i got a tv off brighthouse made all payments till it was paid off but 3 weeks before it was due to be paid off my daughter cracked the screen i rang brighthouse to book it in for repair they told me they would send out an engineer to have a look at it well noone turned up i got a fone call saying they couldnt make it i asked when it would be booked back in and if it will be before its paid off they said yes well noone came out and when i rang back i was told because my account is closed and tv has been paid off im no longer covered and was told id have to pay a private engineer to fix it well for months id been phoning and asking around these places tryingto get it fixed i was told it is brighthouse own make so they didnt stock the parts so i rang brighthouse back and all i got was abuse from them i had my washer and dryer with them and fell into debt i asked them if i could pay them the week i missed without the service covers as i didnt think i should have paid as one is optional the other renews everytime u make a payment and as i didnt pay the week before i thort well i didnt have to pay the cover they refused to take my payments said i had to pay it all in full late charges and the next weeks i said i cant they then threatened to come take my goods i said well im offering u a payment why cant you take it they just point blanc refused so i said fare enough weeks later i recieved many call knocks on door letter now i have a solicitor ringing me saying if i dont make a payment i will recieve a ccj can anyone give me some advice in what i should do please i have had it with these people i begrudge giving them anything now as they have fooked me over with my tv thank you x

Hi linz, you will probably get more help if you start your own thread as that way more people will be able to read it and answer you...

my opinion of this company at the moment is if you want to get what you are entitled to in law, you have to take them to court!

New thread created :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

ok the solicitor was probably brighthouse themselves

if they attempt to ring again advise them you will only comunicate in writing and hang up

if you have payed more than a third of the agreement then they cannot take the goods without a court order

the TV was reported in warrenty, it needs fixing but brighthouse dont like doint that im assuming its a BAIRD (blighthouse own), it does use the same internals as some others

remind them the service cover is optional - mostly however you have to go to head office to get it cancelled

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

hi linz,

have you had any luck yet in getting brighthouse to repair this?

if not, maybe instead of claiming a repair you could claim the total amount you have paid for the DLC and OSC insurances. The money you can reclaim could then be used to repair your Baird TV. I am pretty sure that like laptops, as long as the screen fits into the case, then it will work. You could even use the money to buy a new TV (for cash with a retailer who has good customer service)

theres a very good thread here somewhere showing how you can claim back your OSC and DLC insurance money from brighthouse, i am sure this would be the best way for you since that money will more than pay for the repair on your TV.