Ons

Opos/Minicredit - Advice needed.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2526 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, I am not new to this being in debt thing. I know DCA's have no power but here is what happend.

I took out a loan with minicredit 9 months ago for £180, I couldn't pay on due date and 16 days later they took £420 from my bank account. I have considered this theft and have asked minicredit to return any money that does not belong to them. They refused.

7 months ago I recieved £80 from minicredit in my bank, I thought this was a partial refund on the £180 they owe me however this seems not to be the case. They claim I took out a new loan with them. I've had many email arguments with them, and asked for a break down of charges which they have provided me after 4 months of asking and I have also asked them to provide me with the contract I apparently signed etc which they have not provided. So for the past 5 months or so I have ignored them.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, I get texts, emails and letters from opos telling me I owe £1061. Ahem. Yeah. So I sent an email to them, actually I sent 11 emails to them asking them not to contact me by phone and to communicate by email only. They sent 1 reply back telling me to phone them, I send them 4 emails back telling them that they are refusing to talk to me or reply and they are playing games. Then last week I get a voicemail from a guy called fitzgerald or something leaving me a 5 minute voicemail telling me I am the one ignoring them by not phoning them lol and telling me that if I don't phone them then they big boys called DRS or something are gonna come for me and I won't be able to do anything about it. Ha. So I emailed him laughing at him and telling him what I think of opos and minicredit and they are the ones not replying to me, even though I can by law require all comminication to be done by email which they are ignoring.

So my question is now what? I am gonna wait it out. I dunno who DRS is, anyone know who they are? My issue is this, I no longer live at the address they have for me and all my mail is redirected to my parents house for me, so there is like a 3-5 day delay in me getting any letters which are sent to that address. Maybe some get lost, I have no idea. My question is, if minicredit take me to court, they letter would obviously go to my old adresss, what if I never get it and judgement is made without me being able to defend myself, how would that be fair? Last thing I want is not to know that I am due in court and being able to defend myself and the judge to make a judgement like money to come out of my wages every month or something and me not knowing until BAM I open my wage slip.

I am not worried about going to court, I believe I will win and claim loss of income etc for that day and claim whatever minicredit owe me but the issue is, how would I know?

All help appreciated.

You MUST report these to FOS and other relevant agencies(Some more experienced posters might advise here or just look around the other threads). Make sure that you get your wages paid into another account as they will take everything otherwise. Their the worse scumbags of all.

For your former loan you should be able to claim back the bogus fees that they added on to your account if you are willing to pursue it. Perhaps your bank could help here although they'll initially say that they cannot.

For the latest loan, if you did'nt take it out then it might be a fraudulent loan taken out in your name by someone else or it could be an error on Minicredits system. Alternatively minicredit might have intentionally planted the loan in your account without your knowledge, which is entirely possible if they cannot find any contract for the loan. Nothing would surprise me with this company.

You should also ask them for the contract for the previous loan, i'm betting that this won't exist either.

I would also go to the police if i was in your position as there is clearly fraud happening here. Maybe seek legal advice from a no win no fee law firm.

Get them reported

45k Debt - June 2016

35k Debt - May 2018

The battle is slow but I will win the war

In order to be able get an effective report you could do with a final response so i would email minicredit one last time heading it formal complaint.

The guys are just the worst