BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi I’m new here so not sure if I’m posting in the right place!  Long story short I separated from my now ex husband 2 years ago he ran of and did the dirty after 20 years marriage 3 children and left me with a load of debt unfortunately all in my name £33,000 in total now being a single parent and only being able to work part time as my youngest has special needs  my income really is mainly from benefits  he receives dla high rate and full mobility because of his medical needs. Its a very big struggle especially trying to pay everything run a home and 3 children  going without all the time  added stress with debt collectors and now bailiffs for council tax, shop direct account and a parking fine hadn’t realised mobility badge had expired!  I’ve read loads of advice on here  and am considering filing bankruptcy  my question is can these bailiff debts be included in a bankruptcy or can they still chase me for the money.  I just can’t see a way out at all what I owe will take me years and years to pay back  life is so stressful 😢 thank you in advance for any advice given. sorry it’s a little long winded!   
    • Hello  Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place. I got a bus lane fine that dates back to over 12 months ago however, I didn’t receive the original fine from the council. This is because I moved address and the DVLA didn’t update my address when I changed my log book. This has caused me other issues for example, I got a fine for not taxing my car. So I got the year old fine through the door which has now been passed to Jacobs and it’s now £180. I called them to advise it’s the first I heard of it but I will pay it in instalments. They bates something like £58 a month and I said I checked my outgoings and I can afford £37. They declined this so I said I’ll pay £37 every month anyhow. To date I have made 2 payments of £37 and was due to make another on Friday on payday. I’ve come home to a letter hand delivered saying removal within 24 hours and the balance is £336! I called Jacobs and they said although I’m making payments , they didn’t agree to the payment plan. I rang the guy that delivered the note and asked him if he’s going to break in and he said he didn’t say that.  The way I envisaged it going was to a judge and a judge would see it as unfair that I didn’t get the original £30 fine, I’m paying what I can afford. From what I’ve read they can’t force entry. I just don’t want to keep paying £37 and then the £336 keeps rising.  My friend has suggested that I pay off what is left of the £180 and speak to the council to see if they can ask Jacobs to back off now. Please help 
    • Also if anyone is interested, I originally applied for the loan via Ocean Finance, I chased them today for a copy of my original application form as I believe there may be discrepancies that I want to check. Please see the reply from Ocean Finance below. It seems that my documents and data are lost, the name Ocean Finance still exists so I have asked for details of their compliance officer      "Thank you for your email. You have requested information relating to a loan that we believe you had previously taken through Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited.   Unfortunately we are unable to assist you further with your request as Intelligent Lending Limited (company number 04291279) which trades under the name Ocean and Ocean Finance, is a separate company to Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited (company number 04892540).    Please be advised that in August 2012 Intelligent Lending Limited purchased the Ocean Finance brand from Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited.  If you therefore took out your loan before this date it would have been through Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited (company number 04892540) and not Intelligent Lending Limited.    Ocean Finance and Mortgages Limited has however ceased trading on 16th August 2016.    
    • Sorry, forgot to attach the PDF letter. Here it is:Notice to Instruct Solicitors_27JAN2020.pdf    
    • Hi CAG,   New correspondence received:  Notice of Intention to Instruct Solicitors.   I have attached the correspondence in PDF.  The letter is from TNC Collections.   They want payment in 7 days or they will instigate immediate legal proceedings against me.   Is this one last attempt at scare tactics?  Any response or action required by me at this stage?   Thanks
  • Our picks

leigh04

what happened to the post: to the admin team and users

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Exactly as the title states what happened to it? I commented on it and freakyleaky responded but when u click on the link it doesnt work, just comes up with report to the admins, has it been removed?? x

I don't see it at all now Leigh04, Could it possibly be the OP removed it upon reflection? As it was somewhat confusing.

Or Admin removed it due to the confusing nature?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Thats what i was thinking i only wanted to check on it oh well maybe the OP didnt want the help :-)

Can you give me a clue.. and I will try and find out what has happened :)

Thread title - thread starter's name ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can you give me a clue.. and I will try and find out what has happened :)

Thread title - thread starter's name ?

Hi CitizenB

It was a thread headed up something like attention admin & the OP started to say something about making a complaint, but then became somewhat of a rant aimed at the site admin. Saying stuff like secret service & police were watching you all & something along the lines about you all thinking he was a spammer !!

It was really confusing being honest with you.

I would guess that for whatever reason the op has been banned and posts deleted. Could be a spam IP address or maybe multiple profiles. Just guessing here

CitizenB, I've found the link for it but it says 'invalid' but in the link it says post #4049645 if that's any help.

Regards

CitizenB, I've found the link for it but it says 'invalid' but in the link it says post #4049645 if that's any help.

Regards

Sadly, no it doesnt :lol:

However, I have just read your earlier post (5) and yes.. it has been removed as SPAM.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

lol. I was also looking for it. such a strange post but interesting read I have to say!!

lol. I was also looking for it. such a strange post but interesting read I have to say!!

"interesting" is one interpretation.. bizarre is another :lol:

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

If and it is a big IF the posts was genuine it must be very upsetting to have them removed. How can you tell with accuracy what is spam and what is not?

The site team have the final say on what is acceptable or not. They do not need accuracy. Only authority.

If and it is a big IF the posts was genuine it must be very upsetting to have them removed. How can you tell with accuracy what is spam and what is not?

Experience usually.

As the question asked has been answered - I am closing this thread.

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you