Lazyboy76

Advice please, Anti Roll bar snapped replaced less than 12 months ago

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2526 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I bought a new "Original Birth" front Anti Roll Bar from an online company at the end of January 2012, It's just snapped, I have spoken to the supplier and they said that I would have to pay for a new one and they would collect the broken one and send it back to the Manufacturer. My Mechanic has said that it shouldn't break and the suppliers are also surprised that it's broken. I said that I would want to claim the money back for the parts and the labour. The suppliers have told me that I may get my money back for the faulty part but it's unlikely they would not pay for the labour. I have put my complaint in an email to them and kept a copy.

Has anyone got any advice please?

An anti-roll bar should last the life of the vehicle, so this is very strange occurance and I can see why the suppliers are sceptical.

I think you would need to establish a design flaw, either via automative engineers report which would be more expensive than the part or provide proof of similar failures for others.

Road bumps? pothole? if so claim from your council.