Warant of entry need advise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Can anyone help me on the correct procedure for Eon (electric) have to do to gain a warrant of entry,

Also what is the procedure after the have gained the warrant, and come to the property.

Thanks in advance

Leakie

Hi Leakie

Applying for a warrant is a last resort where we're unable to make suitable arrangements concerning an outstanding balance on an account. Before we go down this route, we'll make many attempts to contact the customer. This includes phone calls, letters, emails (where appropriate) and home visits.

The intention of this contact is to see if there's a way of resolving the matter without applying for a warrant. We can look at various payment arrangements to try to spread the outstanding balance over a manageable period.

If this isn't possible, we'll offer to install a prepayment meter. The debt can then be set on the meter to be collected at an agreed rate each week.

It's better if we can do this with the customer's agreement. Going down the warrants route will lead to further costs and these are added to the customer's debt.

Should the above fail, we'll then apply for a warrant to fit a prepayment meter. If granted, we'll visit the property with a locksmith and fit the meter.

If the customer isn't present, we'll leave information at the site explaining how to use the meter. The debt will be set on the meter to collect at £10 per week.

However, we'll only continue to fit a prepayment meter if it's safe and practicable. For instance, if there's a particular form of vulnerability at the property, we'll not continue with the prepayment option.

A letter will be sent confirming the total debt and weekly repayment rates.

Hope this helps.

Malc

Thanks for the reply

Should Eon sent me a letter telling me, The date,time and at which court if I wished to attend?

Also after obtaining the warrant do Eon, need to notify me what day they are coming and an approximate time,

So some one could be in?

Leakie

Thanks Malc

I did not receive this letter,

The only paper work I received was from the Eon Rep who knocked at the door when my wife was in.

He had written the date of the court but nothing else,

I would have gone to the court as I was sorting things out with Eon,

I had stated that I would have had the PPM to avoid the extra £250.00 that you charge.

With regards to turning up with out notice, can I ask why this is because it would be better if some one was in .

Also are the Police meant to be with your Representative,so they can gain entry.

Leakie

Hi Leakie

Whether or not we involve the Police very much depends on the circumstances of each individual case. If we believe there's a significant threat to our people then, yes, we will involve the Police. Where we don't envisage any problems, we won't bother the Police.

Similarly, we don't give dates/times because it alerts those who mean to cause problems.

Not saying any of this applies to you Leakie but, unfortunately, past experiences mean we need to take certain precautions.

Malc

Thanks Malc

You have been selective with your answers so far

I understand what you are saying regards the police, but if you know who the problem clients are there should be no problem notifying any one else.

My beef as such is I was not notified when and where it was going to court so I had no chance to have my say.

which resulted in extra added to my bill.

Is here any thing I can do about this with Eon customer services or do I need to take my complaint further

Thanks

Leakie

I appreciate that this is a distressing situation for the OP.

My experience is that energy companies go to great lengths to make contact with consumers who are in debt.

This contact ranges from letters to doorstep calls and can go on for months if not a year.

Warrants really are the last resort and even then, no action may be taken.

At that point police are not required unless the warrant holder is obstructed in his duty.

They may enter ,fit ppm/disconnect or collect payment if it is tendered.

No one is entitled to a credit meter and energy suppliers need only extend credit to those who fit their criteria.

Well Dilettante

This was not my experience

They did not follow procedure.I want to check if they did, And I am sure they did not,

as I was not notified of the court time and which court, as I would have attended.

I was in the process of sorting this out,

only a small payment was needed, they were to inform me the exact amount,

But they went ahead and obtained a warrant at an extra cost too myself.

Thank you for post informative

Do you work for one of these companies???

Leakie

Hi Dlettante

I was not suggesting you had a hidden agenda,

You seem very knowlageable with the way thing are done,

I wanted to make sure that the book was followed,

I have had dealings with Eon before,

The meter reader was reading the rates the wrong way round,

So my bill would increase, when they realised.

I rang them, to let them know what was going on,

and was told that I was wrong they do not make mistakes.

Eventuly I spoke to some one who would listen,

then back dated 4 years of readings and wanted the money instantly.

not happy as you can guess but that is in the past now

I do not trust Eon

I just want to pay the correct and fair amount.

Leakie

Hi Leakie

You can certainly follow our complaints process. If, after 56 days, you remain unhappy with our explanation then you can refer the matter to the Ombudsman for an independent review.

If we're at the warrants stage, there'll be notes on your account detailing the actions we've taken. You can ask to see these notes under a 'Subject Access Request.'

Although we charge £10 for this, it will give you details of letters sent, addresses sent to, dates etc.

Malc

Hi Malc

Thanks for your reply

Well apparently My complaint was looked into and was closed but no one had told me,

I Kicked up a fuss and now it is being looked at again by the right people.

it was only because I insisted that it was reopened

How could they investigate with out getting the fact from the person who complained.

The thing is I was trying to get info from Eon to put in an official complaint.

I have 3 issues 1 is this thread,

All of a sudden I am now being kept informed of whats going on,

2 phone calls in the space of 2hrs.

I think if I had not insisted it would have been swept under carpet

In the past I would have let it go.

I will take this further if the explanation of there final response is not satisfactory.

That does not mean I will go further if my complaint is not up held.

Leakie

Well I Had a result

I was correct they had not followed procedure,

They have now withdrawn the warrant fee,

I just goes to show that you should not just accept the first response if it goes against you.

if you have done your research correctly be persistent but polite.

1 complaint upheld

2 being checked out.

Leakie

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was very interested in this thread as Eon just turned up out of the blue when I was at work, and an elderly relative was staying at mine. They stamped all over my garden, frightened my Aunt nearly to death, and apparently stood around laughing with the locksmith in the garden. All this for a single woman, normally living alone.

They are dreadful bullies and now my debt to them is paid I will switch to another provider - even if I have to pay more for my electricity. This is the thanks you get when you stay with a provider for 30+ years and get into financial difficulty.

And no point in complaining. The stick together and talk to you as if you are an imbecile!

Dreadful people.

Well I have had all 3 complaints resolved,

1 I got the warrant fee back, ( they admitted that they did not follow procedure)

2 Bad langue from there installer, an off the cuff comment when he thought I was out of earshot,

If he had said it to my face he would have been down the stairs and through the door before it had opened.

My word against the Eon operatives (verbal warning)

3 Incorrect meter readings possibly a faulty meter ( Partial refund)

All of the above were only resolved when I refused to close the complaints and when the managers got involved,

Before that I was being fobbed off.

I also stated that I would take this all the way to the ombudsman, and Ofgem, and I knew that it would cost them for each complaint.

May be a little blackmail

Overall I am happy with the result.

Moral is don't accept the first resolution unless you are happy with it. if not don't let them close the complaint.

Leakie