Can I Return 'Dodgy' LED TV to Tesco (I've lost the receipt!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I bought a Toshiba LED TV from Tesco in June. Sadly I have misplaced the receipt.

The TV has developed a fault - there is a white light in the bottom right corner of the screen. It is also an exceptionally noisy set, but I'm not sure if this is a fault or a design flaw.

Are Tesco obliged to replace the TV for me? What are my options if I can't find my receipt.

Thanks in advance.

If the tv has the batch\model details etc on the tv itself or packaging then that should be enough for a credit note I'd have thought as Tesco would certainly have those details somewhere within there system as they would need those such details for there own records to return damaged & faulty items back to the manufacturer?.

But dont think you'll get your money back without a receipt, unless this is within there policy to do so as they would'nt be obliged to give a cash refund without a receipt. By the way, how long have you had the tv?.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ilovemycat
If the tv has the batch\model details etc on the tv itself or packaging then that should be enough for a credit note I'd have thought as Tesco would certainly have those details somewhere within there system as they would need those such details for there own records to return damaged & faulty items back to the manufacturer?.

But dont think you'll get your money back without a receipt, unless this is within there policy to do so as they would'nt be obliged to give a cash refund without a receipt. By the way, how long have you had the tv?.

Sorry to correct you, Donny, but the info you've given here is wrong.

I may be too late answering this as I only just came across the thread. However, for future refs if nothing else: The buyer is entitled to a refund if the item is faulty and they're rejecting it within a reasonable time EVEN WITHOUT A RECEIPT - though in practice, more often than not, some other proof of purchase would be needed to obtain a refund on the spot (as opposed to via small claims court). In the above instance, the fact that JeffersonM paid by credit card means his card statement for the relevant month will show the transaction - and therefore provides perfectly adequate proof of purchase.