JeffersonMangum

Can I Return 'Dodgy' LED TV to Tesco (I've lost the receipt!)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2515 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all.

I bought a Toshiba LED TV from Tesco in June. Sadly I have misplaced the receipt.

The TV has developed a fault - there is a white light in the bottom right corner of the screen. It is also an exceptionally noisy set, but I'm not sure if this is a fault or a design flaw.

Are Tesco obliged to replace the TV for me? What are my options if I can't find my receipt.

Thanks in advance.

Tesco's are normally very good with returns even when you have no receipt>

How did you pay for the tv?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Credit card. I think I could find the statement online, but it will only show the amount not what was purchased - will that be sufficient?

It should be sufficient> give them a call and ask the question. I have always found them really helpful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

If the tv has the batch\model details etc on the tv itself or packaging then that should be enough for a credit note I'd have thought as Tesco would certainly have those details somewhere within there system as they would need those such details for there own records to return damaged & faulty items back to the manufacturer?.

But dont think you'll get your money back without a receipt, unless this is within there policy to do so as they would'nt be obliged to give a cash refund without a receipt. By the way, how long have you had the tv?.

Guest ilovemycat
If the tv has the batch\model details etc on the tv itself or packaging then that should be enough for a credit note I'd have thought as Tesco would certainly have those details somewhere within there system as they would need those such details for there own records to return damaged & faulty items back to the manufacturer?.

But dont think you'll get your money back without a receipt, unless this is within there policy to do so as they would'nt be obliged to give a cash refund without a receipt. By the way, how long have you had the tv?.

Sorry to correct you, Donny, but the info you've given here is wrong.

I may be too late answering this as I only just came across the thread. However, for future refs if nothing else: The buyer is entitled to a refund if the item is faulty and they're rejecting it within a reasonable time EVEN WITHOUT A RECEIPT - though in practice, more often than not, some other proof of purchase would be needed to obtain a refund on the spot (as opposed to via small claims court). In the above instance, the fact that JeffersonM paid by credit card means his card statement for the relevant month will show the transaction - and therefore provides perfectly adequate proof of purchase.