• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Minicredit's 'solicitors' sending text messages to my house phone!

azzadle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all,

I just answered the phone to get a text message saying the following:

"Dear Mr. your account has been passed to (some word) solicitors, please call us on quoting "

After googling the number, it's OPOS. Here's the story in short:

- Borrowed £100 from MC in June 2011

- Tried to contact them because my card payment was going to backfire due to my bank stopping payments from my card as was in my O/D and had to pay that back first, they ignored me.

- Charges and all that nonsense racked up to £799

- They sent 2 letters claiming doorstep collectors would be coming and whacked £100 on top twice for this, never turned up. This is the only communication I had from MC.

- Up to this point I've paid £115.50 towards the loan. (£55.50 and 2 x £30)

- Offered OPOS £76.50 as F+F, they accepted.

- Capital Finance One somehow got my card details, raided my account and left me with nothing. Emailed OPOS explaining the situation (this was on the 9th of August), no reply by post or by email since.

And here we are. Never have I given them my house number either so I'm VERY annoyed they've used this number, if my parents pick it up hearing that it's a message from a "solicitor" questions are going to be asked when this is a private matter! What should I do with this? I've got all the emails from OPOS still, confirming the agreement etc so they can't shaft me there.

Any help appreciated, need a fast solution because I do not want to ring them but I guess I have to to stop them "texting" my house phone!

First of all have you contacted your bank in relation to CFO raiding your bank? If not do so immediately as this was an unauthorised transaction. How much did they take? these low life are doing this willy nilly and need to be stopped (took £175 from me but after a long fight with my bank I eventually got money returned after about 3 weeks.) Write to CFO with a final response letter asking them to pay back unauthorised transaction, as you have to give them 8 weeks at least to respond bofore taking it to FOS. ( I know they will just laught back at you, but needs to be done.) Report CFO to all the relevant authorities FSA etc... as these cowboys need to be stopped and the only way is to report them and hopefully a case can be built against them.

As regards Minicredit/OPOS, pay them the £76.50 as agreed, when you can afford it, as hopefully you have an email/letter confirming full & Final settlement and let them whistle for the rest.

I contacted them straight away about it, the payment wasn't actually claimed after 7 days by CFO so they'd taken the money but somehow hadn't.. Therefore it "dropped off" the bank's system and was returned to me immediately. However, CFO sent me a letter saying I owe them £275. They wanted £900+ for a £350 loan and from the raid they took the exact difference between the latest letter and the previous one (which was from about 9 months ago!) so they've reduced my balance but not taken the money. Not sure how to play that one.

I do indeed have the letter confirming that - this was their offer and I countered with £76.50 which they accepted.

From OPOS to me: As stated, I wish to help you with this matter and I am prepared to be extremely flexible. I am prepared to allow you to settle your account for a single one off payment of £200.00. When this payment is made, the remainder of the balance outstanding is written off and no further action will be taken. The account will then be closed as classified as fully settled. This will show as paid in full on your credit file. The debt will not be passed to any other agency as it will be written off.

Edited by azzadle

All you owe CFO is Original Loan plus one months interest plus 1 default charge, reasonable amount not extortionate, say £12, less any payments made against loan not including any rollovers paid. If still balance owing after calculating, offer them a payment plan you can afford over x amount of months. If they refuse, keep emailing them the offer, at least it shows you were willing to settle the debt if it ever comes to it.

I was being bothered my txts from a vile dca. If you listen to the full message, at the end is a phone number to access the txt message service. Phone that number and listen to the options as you can turn the txt to voice service off altogether. That's what I did.

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink: