Rockwell, Yet, Again!

steve253
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, regarding my previous post about the letter i received from Pace forward on the 25th september

i received another letter today from Rockwell Debt collection agency which states:

Outstanding balance £762

Owed to our client Arrow Global Guernsey Limited

Original lender Shop Direct (Carval)

Dear Mr ....

We have been instructed by Arrow Global Guernsey Limited to contact you regarding the above account which remains unpaid

Your debt is now overdue and must be paid in full to this office within the next 10 days otherwise we will take immediate action

If you are unable to pay the debt in full within the timescale specified you must call us on the above phone number immediately to discuss other possible options.

You will be asked to provide a full statement of your income and expenditure in order to validate any installment/temporary arrangement.

CALL US - WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

I've never had any loan from shop direct?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

kind regards steve

Shop Direct over the years have bought many different catalogue companies, so it may be a catalogue debt.

If you don't know about it, then send them the prove it letter in the CAG library. Add to the letter that you have never had any dealings with Shop Direct and would therefore request a copy of the application that was used to set up the account, plus a statement of account from them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Personally I wouldn't send anything, check your credit file first see if anything shows on there.

If not, ignore them.

Getting into letter tennis early on will be costly, and if your not the person they are looking for they will simply hound you for money you don't owe.

Keep a diary of events and NEVER ring these clowns.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just log all the letters, write the date you received them on the envelope, and file under ignore.

Keep an eye on your credit file, are there any searches on their by these fools?

This is how 'advanced' their trace procedures are! They just rely on people to do their work for them, ignore em.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes you do, but always always bear in mind that these letters have been printed off and sent out by a computer in the hundreds if not thousands daily! They have had no human input, less for the posty pushing it through your door.

The telephone jockeys that work for these minimum wage circus outfits have no idea what letter has been spat out, and at what stage in the threat cycle your account is, once it goes through a couple of times, they parcel them all up in another portfolio of unrecoverable debts, and flog it to the next goon.

• 1 month later...

Hello again guys,

Just a follow up to my previous post in october regarding Rockwell.

I received another letter today stating the following.

Dear Mr...

Following our previous correspondence we have been trying to contact you to resolve the matter of your outstanding debt.

We have been asked to consider your individual circumstances and to find the best possible way forward for both you and our client.

So long as we are managing your case for Arrow Global Guernsey Limited we can guarantee you that, in respect of this particular debt:

No debt collectors will visit your home

You will will not be subjected to any legal action, or incur legal fees or costs

No interest will be applied to your outstanding balance.

However, to continue managing your case, we must show our client that we are in contact with you and that we are working together to find a solution.

If our client takes your case back from us, they may then consider the options available to them to recover the amount owed, these options may include those detailed above.

Time is of the essence, so to avoid such action, please call us right away, if you would prefer us to call you then please email or write to us with your phone number, making sure you include your reference number as stated at the top of this letter.

Shall i just carry on ignoring them, any advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thank you again and kind regards steve

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I have merged both threads in order to keep continuity.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Must be trying to win your friendship with that begging letter.

Couple of facts they have got wrong, first being an unqualified stranger turning up on your private property demanding money, and the second adding interest to an account that has been terminated.

Apart from that, another one to file under ignore.

interesting, i also have been getting similar although not the same Rockwell letter. The first saying they were acting on behalf of Arrow Global and demanding money within ten days, thennext (revived this week) saying that a mistake was made and the debt wasn't owed to Arrow, but the debt was still owed anyway and i should contact them to resolve the matter (original debt- RBS). I wonder if this is a new tactic- if you aren't hooked by the 'pay us now' letter they come back with something that gives the impression that you can call them and sort the matter out. I'm about to hit them with the 'prove it letter' to try and shut them up!

• 1 month later...

I have been getting letters for last w months, first from pace and now from Rockwell for this same so called debt, which is now shown as arrow global guernsey limited, where before it was for shop direct. Search has shown that shop direct is littlewoods and I did have an outstanding debt with them which was cleared about 5 or 6 years ago, also with some other debts, aft selling my house. I don't think I have kept any proof of payment, so I'm not sure where I stand with this debt.the amout. Is for £530.50 but today's letter states they will accept lower payment of 447.45. The letter also mentions bailiffs and attachment of earnings etc. I really don't know where I stand unless I can find proof of this debt being cleared. Do I have any options or do I have to pay up again? I haven't contacted the company since being bombarded by them. I also checked my credit file and I can't find any mention of shop direct, arrow or littlewoods.

It is not you that has to prove the debt is cleared it is they that have to prove an enforceable debt exists.

I am betting that this is purely a 'theat-o-gram' and is full of words such as 'may, and 'could'.

I think you could ignore or ask them to prove it but one of the site team should be along with some more informed advice.

But don't call them!!!

Thanks for advice. I think littlewoods card was run by barclaycard, and again, my credit file doesn't show anything for them other than the card I already have with BC which is upto date.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?114-How-do-I-post-my-story-on-the-Consumer-Action-Group-forum