style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I wondered if I could get out of this.

I live under Newham council and pay my rent via direct debit each month,

I work and have 2 kids under 6 in a 1 bed flat.

I couldn’t make the direct debit this month and informed the council before the direct debit was taken,

but I informed them that I would pay it all by the end of the financial year,

and wanted my direct debit recalculated.

The rent is only £441 for the month.

I got a mail today to say that a decision has been made to accept direct debit

but a Notice of Seeking Possession will be served next week which gives me six weeks

before legal action commence.

However the direct debit will be running on the basis they receive payments no further action will be taken.

I understand they have to protect themselves, but I had already said it pay it all back,

and I wasn’t even in arrears beforehand .

I did the right thing and now getting a slap when there are people owing thousand and on benefits.

What can I do, as my rent is always up to date

Hi

Couple of question on Newham Council Housing:

1. They state you have to be one month in advance with your rent are you sure your one month in advance with rent?

2. Have you checked your Rent Account online and taken a Printout to ensure your upto date with your rent?

3. When you spoke with the Council did they refer you to the 'Rent Service Officer' as per there leaflet 'Your Rent'?

Have a read of this PDF from there website titled 'Your Rent' and look at page 3 the part - What happens if i cant pay my rent:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group