style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To be very quick.

I had 2 court fines.

I came home from work one day and found a letter for both, one £330 the other £530.

I rang the bailiff and paid the £330 and told him I can pay the £530 on the 16th.

Last week my car broke down and I had to buy a new one. This obviously ate up my money.

Today I received a text from the bailiff confirming that the payment is due today.

I said that I don’t have the money to pay it, can you email me the court letter and I have spoken to citizens advice and shall pay it online

His reply

“Not a problem, I’ll let the removal team know they need to attend to remove goods from the house. Broken payment arrangement. This warrant has a power of entry from the court and I will be enforcing it”

Seriously what can I do?

Any help greatly appreciated

Magistrates Court fines do indeed carry a forced power of entry. However it is for the more persistent offenders who treat the process as a joke. It is used very infrequently. Before you got the letters from Marstons did you receive a Further Steps Notice from the Court - a legal requirement? I ssume you also knew about the original fines?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry but if its just a few pounds

why have you let it go this far?

were you aware of the prosecution

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We moved house shortly after this happened.

It is around 8 months old.

I understand that in all reality the fine if for a criminal offence, regardless how small the crime is.

But would the magistrates really allow forced entry on such an amount?

I keep on reading different variations on the law and personally, I think his threat to bring a removal team after never being in my house is a bluff.

I would like a professional opinion.

Thanks

UPDATE

I rang him but got his voicemail - I left a message saying that I am happy to pay £200 and that I will not be threatened.

His reply.

"It is not a threat it is the LEGAL and LAWFUL procedure for a distress warrant to be executed at your home address. It is a court warrant for criminal offence fines. I will execute the warrant and REMOVE goods from your home address. I will only accept payment in full. I am not a baliff and i DO have the power to come into your home address. If you do not believe me by all means ring the magistrates court"

Panicking now guys.

Don't ring him unless you can record the call. If you have moved house since all this happened it would be more worthwhile contacting the Court and see if they will let you swear a Statutory Declaration. If so it will rewind the fines and the Bailiff disappears.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't ring him unless you can record the call. If you have moved house since all this happened it would be more worthwhile contacting the Court and see if they will let you swear a Statutory Declaration. If so it will rewind the fines and the Bailiff disappears.

That would actually be true, because we moved house in July and didn't receive anything from the council at our current house.

I am not a baliff and i DO have the power to come into your home address. If you do not believe me by all means ring the magistrates court"

Slightly confused at that statement, Would this be correct Plodders? Im of the opinion that only certificated bailiffs have the powers of removal!

A quick call to the Bailiff may be in order - to ask what address is on the Warrant or if he doesn't have it where you can see it.

The actual event happened whilst at my old address - I've just spoken with the court and all of the letters have gone to that house.

The only correspondence I have received at my new address is the hand delivered "In for the kill" letter I.E Warrant. The court are now trying to find out if i can do a stat dec.

The actual event happened whilst at my old address - I've just spoken with the court and all of the letters have gone to that house.

The only correspondence I have received at my new address is the hand delivered "In for the kill" letter I.E Warrant. The court are now trying to find out if i can do a stat dec.

I cannot see a problem why they cannot go ahead with a state dec, Its pretty straight forward.

UPDATE

I rang him but got his voicemail - I left a message saying that I am happy to pay £200 and that I will not be threatened.

His reply.

"It is not a threat it is the LEGAL and LAWFUL procedure for a distress warrant to be executed at your home address. It is a court warrant for criminal offence fines. I will execute the warrant and REMOVE goods from your home address. I will only accept payment in full. I am not a baliff and i DO have the power to come into your home address. If you do not believe me by all means ring the magistrates court"

Panicking now guys.

If he's admitting to not being a bailiff, he cannot attend your home address or execute the warrant. It would be illegal for him to do so. This is beginning to become a common thing with Marstons, using uncertificated employees to execute magistrates' Distress Warrants. He cannot remove goods from your home without first gaining entry and obtaining a valid levy.

Also, why are you being charged £330 and £530? Could you tell us how much the individual fines are, please?

Slightly confused at that statement, Would this be correct Plodders? Im of the opinion that only certificated bailiffs have the powers of removal!

As far as I am aware, the HMCTS contract requires certificated bailiffs to execute warrants. If HMCTS were to find out that persons who were not authorised to levy distress were executing warrants on behalf of HMCTS, I think the unmentionable would make contact with air conditioning equipment.