style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2508 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry if this is wrong area! My neighbours water pipe (from stop tap to house) passes under my drive partially, it is leaking and seemingly on my side only. Severn Trent do free repairs so all good! But since it is my neighbours responsibility to maintain the pipe and any repairs, do you think I would be able to make him pay for putting my drive back to normal properly, as Severn Trent only 'make it safe'. I haven't asked him as we don't get on! Thanks

If the water company were to repair a leak on the public highway, they are obliged to reinstate to previous standard. I fail to see how this does not apply upon your property. I would write and complain to the Water authority demanding that they make good your drive. Also I am surprised that the water company fixed the leak, as is occured on private property, and is the sole responsibility of the homeowner to repair. So your neighbour must have paid the water company to fix the leak.

alternatively you can make a claim from your neightbours building insurance policy, but as your not on speaking terms, im guessing that this is not so appealing.