pinkkibby

Welcome Finance Default

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2527 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Hoping someone can help!

I've got a default notice on my file for a Welcome Finance loan that I took out. I missed a couple of payments due to some extreme personal circumstances at the time..silly I know but couldn't be helped. Anyway, next thing I know, they had marked the account as defaulted and gave me no warning of this. I was able to catch up with my arrears but refused to until the default notice had been removed.

As far as I am aware, they have to give notice of issuing a default..is that right? I'm sure I read it somewhere!! I contacted them on numerous occasions but they weren't having any of it and were obviously keen to pile on as many charges as possible.

Now the account has been passed on to MacKenzie Hall debt collectors. I've just faxed them a letter and told them I will happily pay the debt if the default is removed. Am now just thinking what rights do I have in all of this, if any?

Also, I've just checked my credit report and it shows 2 payments were not made, it seems a bit excessive to record a default after just two payments late..can they do it when they like?

Any advice would be appreciated. This has really buggered up my credit report and I've been trying so hard to improve it after a few years of financial recklessness when I was younger

:|

All Welcome have to do is issue a new compliand DN if necessary, copies of the original are not kept, files are marked as DN sent on a particular date.

I think you may struggle to get this removed, each companys' default procedure varies.

I think this would only be removed as a ''gesture of goodwill'' if the debt is cleared, or the default entry will be marke as ''satisfied''.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: