Help with tax code

bumpersuze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just started a new job a week ago and have been on benefits since january (lost job then went to income support as I was pregnant) and have just received my first payslip which states that my tax code is 0T. I've had a peek on the internet and it says that this tax code is usually for people who have used up their personal allowance for the financial year. I'm confused as like i said I was on benefits january - last week and also the percentage they have taken off is 20% which seems a bit high so am I jusyt on emergency tax because they haven't processed my p46 yet? please help I am very confused and I am wondering if this 20% is going to be taken off every wage

Hi BS,

The tax code OT means you are paying basic rate tax om All that you earn for now. But once you get your proper tax code through, any tax that you overpay now will be refunded.

Also, when your tax code is sorted, you'll pay less tax each week or month.

Have you filled in your section of a P46 and has your new employer sent it off to HMRC ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)