majy

Insurance claim Help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2525 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, Wondering if anyone could shed any light on this one for me, I have an car insurance policy and I have stated that the car is usually kept on the driveway overnight. Last night I intended to go back out and parked the car on the road instead of my drive. Circumstances changed and I ended up falling asleep and the car was left on the road outside my house. I awoke this morning to find someone had broke in to the house and taken my car keys and subsequently my car. Where do I stand in regards to the insurance claim?? Will they void it because it was not on my drive?? It usually is on the drive and this was one of the rare occasions it wasn't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Not an issue. The question is where the car is normally kept, not that it is kept there at all times. So just give the Insurers the correct information for the claim and obviously the same information to the Police.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Have informed the insurance of the exact circumstances and same with the police. Insurance said someone would be contacting me in about the claim. Its just some people have informed me that the insurance company may mess me about in regards to this. Not something I want to be worrying about after having some ****** creeping in my house and stealing my car. Also didn't know until I contacted them that I don't get a courtesy car as it was a theft. Just gets worse for me....