dandares2

Virgin money- formerly Northern Rock - Mortgage review

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2527 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Has anyone else received a letter from Virgin Money, who used to be a Northern Rock customer, informing them that their mortgage has been subject to a review? I received one this morning informing me of my new monthly payments. It was a very vague letter and I had to dig out a previous mortgage statement as a comparison as the letter did not actually state that my payments had changed. I found that my payments had gone up £3 a month, I know it does not sound like much but over the remaining term it adds up to over £1000! The letter was also very vague about the reasons, so I phoned.

I was informed that when I remortgaged last year Northern Rock had forgotten to charge the product fee of £995 which I had agreed to add to the mortgage. I was very sceptical, a bank forgetting to charge nearly £1000??? Unlikely!! But I didn't have the correct statement to hand.

Upon checking later I found that the product fee had been added last year and now Virgin Money are trying to charge it again :-x Needless to say I shall be informing them of their mistake in no uncertain terms.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced something similar and warn people to double check their statements!!

Cheers