style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2524 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Question? I had a morgage with Halifax. I completed the morgage in 2003, what I would like to know is how far back can you go to see if you are entitled to a refund of PPI, and how would I know if I had paid PPI. Thanks.

Essentially there is no time limit on how far you can go back.

With a mortgage it is likely that you would have pad a separate payment each month to an insurer. Single premium PPI is not usually put on a mortgage although it can happen.

Have you got any financial records like banks statements and/or the mortgage agreement for the period in question?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks for your replay ims21, I am going to have look to see what I can find, but I thiought I would ask the question first inrelation to a time limit rather than turn everything out for no purpose, thanks will let you know how I get on.

Hi ims21 have looked at everything I have but as you will understand it is a long time ago and any information I have is limited.

I took out the first mortgage in June 1978, sold the property in October 1987, and transfered the mortgage to the second property, the same as the first with Halifax.

The mortgage was an endowment mortgage, which I paid of as the amount of interest from the bank was a lot less than the interest I was paying the Halifax, so it seemed to be the best thing to do.

I have a letter from the Halifax saying. We hereby give notice that we have no further interest in th under-mentioned policies in relation to the above numbered mortgage, it has a Roll Number at the top! I also have Acknowledgement of Notices, from the Assurance Company concerened. I also have from the Halifax Notice of Deposit of Assurance Policy.

I also have a paper headed The Halifax Building Society-Mortgage Deed.

THIS IS ALL THE PAPER WORK THAT I CAN FIND, WEATHER IT WILL BE ENOUGH I DON'T KNOW, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Personally I think you may have difficulty given that all of this happened so long ago.

If you have anything with figures on it then you may have a chance.

The other thing you could try is a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the lenders to see if they still have anything but I fear that due to the age of this then they may well have destroyed data, especially on a settled account.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you put in a "speculative" claim using a fos consumer questionnaire (available from the fos website) and see what comes back.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS