Dealing with Robinson Way

Malek988
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys 1st time poster long time follower of the forums, herres my problem

robinson way have been chasing me for a debt which they will not tell me about, it can only be one of 2 as ive sorted out my stupidly in youth debts

1. i had a car insurance poloicy 6 years ago, the bafoon on the phone insured the wrong car, took my reg but entered incorrect information about the engine size etc... it was a 1.8 renault laguna 1997 she put in a 2.0 td 01 laguna, anyhows, after speaking on the phone she told me i had to set up a new policy which would work out cheaper per month but id still be required to pay a £197 deposit, which i already did for the revious policy which was onviously null n void due to the mistakes on her part, i told her i already paid so just use that, she said no it was gone through no fault of hers and i had to pay again, obviously i politly told her to jump.

I moved to a different company got a better deal and more professional service, but since then they have been trying to chase me for 197, their mistake, not mine recorded phone calls which have convieniently gone missing would have revealed i told her one thing she entered something else

ive wrote phone years ago to sort it again to no avail so i ignored it, so here we are 6 years later robinson way have sent me 100's of letter of all kind of threats etc.. but today i got a letter from a doorstep collection agent working for them saying they have been trying to contact me. I live in northern ireland, and as ive always understood things bailifts debt collecters etc.. have no juristiction or rights to come to a persons property announced or unannounced unless invited, obviously they can issue letter and court proceeding if required

how do i get this fella to go away or what are my rights here???

many thanks

Malek

I have moved your thread to the Debt collection Industry, forums where you will attract more viewers and hopfully some advice.

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok, having read your post.. I think you need to establish, first.. when the last payments to either of these debts were made.

If longer than 6 years, then they are almost certainly statute barred and if you can confirm this then you simply need write to Robinson way advising that despite them not wishing to divulge what they are trying to pursue.. then it is almost certain that any debts you might have had are statute barred. On receipt of the SB letter, then they should pack up and slither back from whence they came.

If you are unable to establish if the debts might be SB'd then you should make an "Official Complaint" to RW's Head/Registered office.

Advise that until RW can provide you with the details of the debt they claim you owe.. then you are not admitting liability. That if they continue to pursue what appears at the present, to be a figment of their imagination, then you will be making a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading.

HTH..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is my understanding that doorstep collectors /bailiffs dont operate in Northern Ireland ? I will try and confirm that for you.

BCOBS

It is my understanding that doorstep collectors /bailiffs dont operate in Northern Ireland ? I will try and confirm that for you.

There are no bailiffs in NI; there are Court Enforcement Officers, but they are employed by the Courts and do not operate like bailiffs.

Scotcall apparently work in NI, and there's a local company with a scruffy office above a shop on the Newtownards Road in Belfast. I suspect that door collectors in NI are very selective about where they operate - as usual, most rely on threatograms.