• Tweets

• The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
    • Please provide advice on the following situation: I rented out my property to four students for 16 months until March 2024. Initially, the property was in very good condition, but now it needs extensive renovation. This includes redoing the bathroom, replacing the kitchen, removing wallpaper, and redecorating due to significant mould growth. The tenants also left their furniture on the grass, which is owned by the local authority. As a landlord, I've met all legal requirements. It seems the damage was caused by poor ventilation—windows were always closed, and heating wasn't used. There was also a bathroom leak fixed by reapplying silicone. I tried to claim insurance, but it was denied, citing tenant behaviour as the cause by looking at the photos, which isn't covered. The deposit barely covers the repair costs, or else I'll have to pursue money claims, which I've never done before and am unsure about its legal complications or costs. Any thoughts on this?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

TBI Claimform - Old HFC Loan

gust
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

work out the PPI PCM%

see no.1. below

so: IF...

your monthly payment was £125.59 and your PPI PCM was £32.34

32.34/125.59*100=25.75%

so any payment you made 25.75% was for PPI

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks

so just add up all the random charges then 25.75% it

I had westcot chase this before TBi - wouldnt have a clue how much that was now ( would have only been 1 or 2 payments probs)

I have paid tbi £210 - do i add this to the above?

thanks DX

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

nope

ANY PAYMENT YOU HAVE EVER MADE [bar the full ones]

workout what 25.75% of the payment was

and enter that figure in the spreadsheet using the date of the payment it originated from

do that for every payment individually

...god your hardwork sometimes...:lol:

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

haha sometimes? more like all the time.

ok so 25.75% of EACH payment with date

got it!! lol

on it now... thanks

PS my maths are pap (i guess you noticed already) :)

use the calculator in windows OS

in your run box type calc.

if you put in say

then hit +

then hit 25.75

then hit %

it tells you the figure

just remember to hit C

before the next calc

dx

and they

thanks

i cancelled the PPi mar 07

there is -139.67 and - 266.34 for both of the ins.

do i continue adding up the payments after this date or stop there? thanks

the interest APR on the PPi was 34.18

so what do i do to the spreadsheet to add this interest on ?

[ATTACH]41431[/ATTACH]

ok i added it all up

here is what it looks like

cheers

Ok i have read the link in your sig DX

1 - old loan merged into current loan - i cant work that out as HFC have no details on older account - do i scrap this off then?

2 - i was rebated 139.67 and 266.34 = 406.01

3 - then it was sent to DCA - but i didnt recieve any default notice

reading citizenB's part on 3 it says OC would have to refund all PPI and the interest of 34.18% then add 8%stat interest?

very confused!!

also this will be for counterclaim you say. The counterclaim will be at HFC or TBI now they are claiming this in court?

my head hurts! lol

Edited by gust

gust said:
thanks

i cancelled the PPi mar 07

there is -139.67 and - 266.34 for both of the ins.

do i continue adding up the payments after this date or stop there? thanks

you take the rebates off the total in the total box

you can only reclaim PPI on ACTUAL PAYMENTS MADE

gust said:
the interest APR on the PPi was 34.18

so what do i do to the spreadsheet to add this interest on ?

you dont

the PPI PCM int already includes this.

dx

gust said:
Ok i have read the link in your sig DX

1 - old loan merged into current loan - i cant work that out as HFC have no details on older account - do i scrap this off then? off what?

2 - i was rebated 139.67 and 266.34 = 406.01 - already explained

3 - then it was sent to DCA - but i didnt recieve any default notice - to go to court there must be ref to one being sent

and its figure MUST NOT include any penalty charges

reading citizenB's part on 3 it says OC would have to refund all PPI and the interest of 34.18% then add 8%stat interest?

your PPI PCM calc does this , and the spready does the 8% stat.

very confused!!

also this will be for counterclaim you say. The counterclaim will be at HFC or TBI now they are claiming this in court?

HFC, but must be in your court docs if you are rellying upon this in the TBI claim

my head hurts! lol

dx...

and they

© pursuant to the said agreement payment of all costs on an indemnity basis incurred by the claimants in enforcing the agreement subject to proceedings.

If there is no explicit contractual term providing that costs should be paid on an indemnity basis, costs should be ordered on a standard basis rather than an indemnity basis.

In Helden v Strathmore Ltd [2011] EWCA Civ 542 In light of this ruling it is important to ensure that, where costs are intended to be paid on an indemnity basis, the contract / agreement contains a provision to this effect. Failure to include such a provision will result in the less favourable award of costs on the standard basis and a failure to recover anything close to what has been paid.

The above is absolute gust..... so there is no mileage in challenging the assignment.My previous post refers to the T&Cs of the agreement re costs...if its not referred to in the T&Cs IE costs on an indemnity basis then it can not be requested by way of their P.o.C...so in simple terms if they do win they can only claims costs (Assuming this is Fast Track over 5K) on the standard or fixed basis or to be assessed if not agreed.

Regards

Andy

can bearly read T+c's but no mention of this indemnity basis thing you refer to.

this could be interesting - "transfer by us" you agree that we may at any time assign this agreement and transfer our rights and benefits under the agreement, our duties and obligations under the agreement, in any person without having to give you prior notice. If we do so this will not alter your rights or obligations including your rights under the act.

1 - old loan merged into current loan - i cant work that out as HFC have no details on older account - do i scrap this off then? off what? the reclaim - as i cant really know what it is

2 - i was rebated 139.67 and 266.34 = 406.01 - already explained - got it!

3 - then it was sent to DCA - but i didnt receive any default notice - to go to court there must be ref to one being sent

and its figure MUST NOT include any penalty charges - so deduct ALL penalty charges from total that TBI are claiming? to find proper figure the claim from them should be?

HFC, but must be in your court docs if you are relying upon this in the TBI claim ok - thanks

I hope andyorch can help with that bit -

well the PPI reclaim minus rebates = 274.66 - cheers DX for your patience with me.

DX

i added up penalty charges = £135

I have my SAR summary and there is NO NOTES for any default sent out - i dont recall ever having one and i also sent the solicitor a CPR31.14 requesting a copy of the original default - they said no such document has been supplied by OC.

from looking though HFC DID charge me £50 in 2006 i can see on this statement. so do i add that to the £135 charges or not?

many thanks

cant be right!!

dx

well the spready looks ok.

if that is ALL you ever paid

put the charges in a copy of the FOSCISHEET

like what you did for the PPI

use HFC's int rate inthe int box [D15 ithink]

dx

and they

put the rebates as a minus figure

listed the same as you have for the PPI figures

dx

and they

]thanks DX - i will do that now

[ATTACH]41435[/ATTACH

here is the charges sheet - to when though? when it left HFC or now as tbi are claiming against it?

thanks

unless you know the interest has been frozen

or the account closed

then to todays date is fine

dx

and they

cheers DX

i have ammended the statitsheet like you said - it now looks like this???

[ATTACH]41437[/ATTACH]

is this right?!

ah yes silly me

click in cell K43 and hit the delete key

do the same for K44

in other words there should be no (-) figures in those two boxes

total should now read £247.66

dx

and they

perfect many thanks!

right - next question - the outstanding to hfc was 5961.58 and HFC's NOA states they are pursuing 6011.58 dated sept 2008 - as i said before the amounts are wrong!

i sent the case solicitor a CPR 31.14 and asked for proof of ALL payments to TBI

- i stated if card - the number etc, cheque, the number ETC.

they sent me this and what do i notice??

a default fee dated 06/02/2008!! for £50.

whats the deal with this???

how can they charge me for a default BEFORE a NOA?

and not tell me?

and 2 ALLPAY fees??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41439[/ATTACH]

So if you read this - i have paid TBI £210

the POC states i owe TBI 5910.64!!! so every figure is screwed up pretty much!!

Edited by gust
add more info

typical off TBI.

i think they are tun by ex HFC guys if ai remember rightly.

ok but NO they cannot add those fees.

you can add those to you PENALTY charges reclaim sheet

dx

and they

thanks do i need to make ANOTHER one as the others are HFC and these are TBI? or just use same one. thanks

ALSO - i have attached my SAR memo - its shows everything thats happened - since way back then. As you can see NO DEFAULT NOTICE - is this proof enough for court? thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41444[/ATTACH]

same sheet.

interesting to on the dn

dx

and they

thanks DX

so compound charges

Total of Charges £245.00

Compound Interest £1,576.14

Total £1,821.14

do you add 8% stat interest on this?

thanks

this is the figures claimed

HFC balance before tbi = 5961.58

TBI NOA after = 6011.58

subtract £210 to TBI = 5801.58

N1 claims its = 5910.64 + a further £245 court fee and £100 solicitors cost = £6255.64

POC claims its = 5811.58 + 8% = £99.06

CRA files showsfeb07 = 5806.00

How can the N1 and POC have DIFFERENT figures?!?! this is mental and doing my head in.

same as post 232

dx

and they

so I shuld work out what the figures should be? and add to spreadsheet?

the N1 says 5910.64 plus interest. would this be refering to the 8% stat interest? or the agreement interest? so are you saying add the £99.06 stat interest to my spready?

thanks DX - im just glad this stuff will be over soon as im doing my on head in with it, nevermind yours! :)

if the spready runs to today then its already included..

as for the N1 figure read the claim form

it will say S69 stat int to date of judgement i'm sure

dx

and they