TBI Claimform - Old HFC Loan

gust
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i have had my SAR now

alot of it is jargon print offs to be fair

i will do the sums for the loan and try figure it out

can you remind me which spreadsheet for front loaded PPi for loans

and which spreadsheet for credit card PPi

that i need to use

many thanks

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

1st one for loan

CC's

2nd for int in restitution if you are prepared to goto court

or the last one via the FOS.

if they refuse

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

good evening -

well this has ben sold/assigned to another DCA.

what is the best course of action? please read post #45 as that was not answered and also now this in the hands of another DCA even though my CCA request wasnt signed

thanks

Good evening.

One DCA was chasing me for a debt - i sent them a CCA request a few years ago

they sent and unsigned credit agreement, some DD mandate with different dates on and some knock up statement.

The default has dropped off CRA files.

I think its isnt stat barred though i made a payment being naive and wasnt sent all details or proof etc.

Is an unsigned agreement failure to comply? I didnt write a letter to place in dispute and they have been sleeping dogs for a long time.

Now i have another DCA writing to me demanding all the payment.

what should I do now? since the default has gone, i dont think its stat barred but no signature on agreement.

so I write to new DCA and place in dispute? tell them the default has gone? I'm not sure what to do

thanks

cheers

so an unsigned agreement is not compliant then? it would have been from 2004 ish

Not necessarily - but the T&Cs may have been missing or something else was wrong. The behaviour of the previous DCA indicates that is was not compliant.

Either way your tale will not win much sympathy with the new DCA. According to their view, you have had a response to a previous CCA request and the account is not in dispute. You are, therefore, fair game from where they stand.

Nope - start again. CCA request to the new DCA. When you get a response, post up what you get for advice on whether it is enforceable or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, well this was passed to DML so I sent them a CCA request. I have received a letter from TBi's in house "solicitors"

letter reads

were are in house solicitors who are due the sum of £XXX under the above agreement.

Our client company passed their file to DML to collect this debt on their behalf, however we have been forwarded a copy of your letter to them requesting a copy of the agreement in accordance with section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974. we are surprised that you have requested the same, as our client company previously provided you with a true copy of the agreement in 2010.

We enclose a further true copy of the agreement in accordance with section 3 of the consumer credit (Cancellation notices & copies of documents) regulations 1983. We also refer you to the high court decision in Carey V HSBC (2009), which confirmed that a reconstructed agreement is still a true copy of the agreement.

As we have now dealt with your request we trust you will cough up in order to avoid any legal action taken against you.

OK - "agreement" has no DATE - NO SIGNATURE - NO SIGNATURE on behalf of HFC bank on it.

DO i need to send Failed CCA letter? them seem pretty sure of themselves even though its not even signed??

thnks

Hi, well this was passed to DML so I sent them a CCA request. I have received a letter from TBi's in house "solicitors"

letter reads

were are in house solicitors who are due the sum of £XXX under the above agreement.

Our client company passed their file to DML to collect this debt on their behalf, however we have been forwarded a copy of your letter to them requesting a copy of the agreement in accordance with section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974. we are surprised that you have requested the same, as our client company previously provided you with a true copy of the agreement in 2010.

We enclose a further true copy of the agreement in accordance with section 3 of the consumer credit (Cancellation notices & copies of documents) regulations 1983. We also refer you to the high court decision in Carey V HSBClink3.gif (2009), which confirmed that a reconstructed agreement is still a true copy of the agreement.

As we have now dealt with your request we trust you will cough up in order to avoid any legal action taken against you.

OK - "agreement" has no DATE - NO signaturelink3.gif - NO SIGNATURE on behalf of HFC bank on it.

DO i need to send Failed CCA letter? them seem pretty sure of themselves even though its not even signed?

That was poor advice IMO, to have sent another CCA request, one is all that is required, now you have fallen into the letter tennis trap.

Not to worry,

Your words or theirs?

If this isn't on your credit file, then you should have just left well alone.

IMO, I would just send them this letter as your final response to the matter, and tell them that you will not entertain any further protracted correspondence from them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?415-POSSIBLE-Letter-when-a-questionable-agreement-application-is-sent.

Edit to suit, and send it 2nd class but obtain 'proof of posting' from the PO counter which is free.

P.S. When did you take this agreement out?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

its from 2004 ish

Cough up was just abreviated...

the rest was their words.

the default has gone for this.

so whats the deal with the forms having no date, no signatures?

thanks

AFAIK and can remember, the agreements pre 2007 need to be an 'actual' copy of the original agreement, and not just a recon, although they can issue recon's this is not good enough should they decide to take legal action.

Do you know when you actually made the last payment? This would help immensely as to the next course of action.

I am inclined to say leave well alone after that letter, or even now perhaps, as they would need the original to take action. TBH if legal action was going to be taken then they would have done so years ago, and unless this circus outfit actually own this debt, then they can't do anything other than send you their puerile empty threats.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?415-POSSIBLE-Letter-when-a-questionable-agreement-application-is-sent.

Print that off and wait for their next missive before sending it, see what their next threat letter proposes to inflict on you.

ok thankyou

so sit and wait then? dont fire this off just yet

Who should i write to now? the solicitors of the first DCA who just wrote to me or the new DCA i sent the request?

ta

Ignore the first DCA yes. I assumed that you had originally sent them a CCA request, they replied with a recon? You ignored them, and now they have passed it on to DML (debt managers Ltd???) Who you sent a second CCA request and they have replied with the above missive from Tbi Solicitors ?(Tilly Bailey & Irvine??)

david jones solicitors, who claim they are TBI's in house solicitors. 2nd CCA recently was sent to DML and they have not replied and passed it back. Now david jones are writing to me

We also refer you to the high court decision in Carey V HSBClink3.gif (2009), which confirmed that a reconstructed agreement is still a true copy of the agreement.
Quite true, but for agreements before 2007 they need the original agreement, not a recon, to take it to court.

They love quoting Carey but forget who was the claimant in that case.

Listen to BB.

Illegitimi non carborundum

thankyou BB and zydeco

what is this also?

We enclose a further true copy of the agreement in accordance with section 3 of the consumer credit (Cancellation notices & copies of documents) regulations 1983

Right so this is doing the rounds, classic case of a dodgy debt.

There is a letter you can send to Sols who threaten legal action when the account is already in dispute, but for some reason it won't allow me to access it??

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

2 letters

1 - DML telling me they have wiped thier hands and passed it back to TBI, no further action from DML blah blah.

2 - david jones solicitors (tbi basically)

we refer to our last letter dated XXXX

our client company have been advised by DML they have failed to receive any offer of payment from you therefore our client company have now instructed us to issue legal proceedings against you for full outstanding of £xxxx should we fail to receive your proposal for repaying the sum by xxDEC 2012.

Please note that it is our client company's intention to enforce any judgement obtained against you by way of attachment of earnings order and that you will be liable for all costs which may be awarded against you in court. Contractual interest will also accrue both before and after any judgment obtained.

we trust this action will not be necessary and look forward to receiving your payment proposal by the above date.

is this threat-o-gram still? or....

thanks

Please note that it is our client company's intention to enforce any judgement obtained against you by way of attachment of earnings order and that you will be liable for all costs which may be awarded against you in court. Contractual interestlink3.gif will also accrue both before and after any judgment obtained.

Tut Tut! Shouldn't be fabricating and fantasizing what they want to do to you, Copy this and send it to the OFT^TS.

Well, IMO I would call their bluff now, they were dumb enough to mention legal action, so one option would be to issue them with a CPR 31

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part31

Or you could simply send an edited version of these two letters http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency