Bt default on credit file

craig73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have just checked my credit file as I do every month and noticed bt have placed two entries on there.

First is for a default for £20!

Second is fine all green markers etc

So when did bt decide to start reporting to the cra and can they just add these because they weren't there before?

And how would I get the default removed because I didn't even know I had it,the dates suggest it was when I upgraded to broadband.

Thanks

Bigboj

It is the 1st I've heard of BT defaulting people, and I try to keep in the loop with this kind of issue.

Register a complaint with BT to get the ball rolling, their complaints code is HERE

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 3 months later...

I was going to post a fresh thread before I saw this one. Basically I got my very first bill from BT on 29th Jan, 2013 , I paid the bill on the 10th Feb. I got a shocker when I got an alert from Equifax that BT has put late payment notice on my account.I had to do a double check on the BT bill and I noticed it says "please pay by 8th Feb". Ok technically I am 2 days late with the payment , but isn't that harsh of BT to put arrears alert into my credit for being 2 days late? It is not like they have sent out a payment reminder or warning letter .

Was the bill dated 29th Jan or is that when you received it?

Is this your previous payment speed or have their terms changed without informing you?

How long have you been with BT - if a long time then they won't have permission to share your data with the CRAs - they might not have that anyway

The bill was dated 29th , and it is my very FIRST bill , I ordered BT broadband and phone November 16 last year , I only got connected 26th Jan.I have checked their terms online below is excerpts

25. You agree to pay the charges as soon as you receive your bill unless otherwise agreed by us. You may also need to pay a deposit or a payment upfront before you can receive the service or goods. If you think that the charges on your bill are incorrect and wish to dispute those charges, you must tell us straight away. You must pay any charges that are not disputed. We will not suspend or end a service while we investigate any dispute.

26. If you do not pay your bill, we will send you a reminder or call you. If we do not receive payment within 10 calendar days of the date of that reminder (seven days if you pay monthly), we may add a late payment charge of £7.50 to your next bill by way of compensation to us for breaking the terms of this agreement. We may also charge you £10 by way of compensation to us for any direct debit or cheque payments which are returned to us because you do not have enough funds in your account. The charges set out in this paragraph are not subject to VAT.

27. We will generally not suspend or end the service or the agreement for non-payment of your bill until 28 days after your payment was due (21 days if you pay monthly). If however you have failed to pay on time a recent bill or have failed to pay a bill on many occasions we may end the service earlier than 28 days (or 21 days if you pay monthly).

28. If you do not pay your bill, we may ask a debt-collection agency to collect the payment on our behalf. If we do, you will have to pay us an extra amount by way of compensation to us for breaking the terms of this agreement. This will not be more than the reasonable costs we have to pay the agency, who will add the amount to your debt on our behalf (this will depend on the amount you owe us). Any extra amount added to your bill will not be subject to VAT. This paragraph applies even if your agreement with us has ended or 21 days if you pay monthly.

Was the bill dated 29th Jan or is that when you received it?

Is this your previous payment speed or have their terms changed without informing you?

How long have you been with BT - if a long time then they won't have permission to share your data with the CRAs - they might not have that anyway

Bt have now removed the default because they are not following the ico guidelines when reporting information to the cras.

Please mark as resolved.

Thanks

Bigboj

• 1 month later...

How did you manage to get them to remove the default?

Which number(s) did you ring, or letters did you write to get that result?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently trying to remove a default added by BT

Follow this link https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/sitepage.ehtml?forward=gb_elearning_credit13

All CRA's have a similar page that tells you how to deal with incorrect information on your credit file.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Bt have now removed the default because they are not following the ico guidelines when reporting information to the cras.

Please mark as resolved.

Thanks

who removed the default? BT OR Equifax because they didnt respond within 28 days

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Equifax removed it as soon as I made the complaint then bt had to remove it for good because they apparently arn't following the ico procedure when placing the defaults.

IE. they sent a default notice giving 28 days to pay.

I pay the balance the same day i receive the letter but they default me anyway.

Bigboj

• 1 year later...
Equifax removed it as soon as I made the complaint then bt had to remove it for good because they apparently arn't following the ico procedure when placing the defaults.

IE. they sent a default notice giving 28 days to pay.

I pay the balance the same day i receive the letter but they default me anyway.

I too have the exact same issue you had.

Are you able to Post/ PM me the template to which you used for success? I would be very grateful :)