chez33

Advice required re The funding Corporation/Axa PPI reclaim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2429 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone

I'm new to all this and am just starting the road to reclaiming several lots of PPI!

My first one is with The Funding Corporation. Unfortunately we are only going by the paper work we have as we can't remember the details.

Basically we took out a loan with TFC for £10,000 plus PPI for £2170, plus interest at 6.9 totaling the loan to £14,505 of which £2587 is PPI.

Husband had a full time fab job with full sick pay etc etc.

He also had life insurance. We would never have knowingly added £2587 to a loan without thinking it was compulsory.

It appears to me this is 'front loaded PPI'? is that right?

However we have lots of paperwork that makes it look like we knew what we were doing.

There is a tick in the PPI box where we have signed. There is a Policy number and agreement.

There's also a dodgy looking 'Demands and needs statement' where 'in the event of my death' box is ticked. Bizarre seeing as if anything happened to other half we would be well taken care of.

By the looks of it we settled end of June 2006:-

balance outstanding £13,501.04

rebate of charges £1,792.77

rebate of insurance premium £50

amount acceptable in settlement £11,658,27

TFC name is all over everything except looks like loan is provided by Capital One and insurance by AXA.

My questions are (if you've made it this far and aren't as confused as I am)

Do we have a case?

Confused by the excel interest thingy, how much interest should I be adding and where?

Should I go straight to AXA?

Does it matter that we looked like we really wanted this insurance, even though we know it was mis-sold as part of the loan. God only knows how we were so gullible!

I am useless with numbers and my husband is far too busy to waste as many hours as I am on this (I'm the one instigating and pushing this).

Your thoughts would be amazing and I am totally in awe of those that have made it this far!!

I have posted this on another forum, hope that's OK? :oops:

Hi

To answer your questions

It appears to me this is 'front loaded PPI'? is that right?

Yes, front loaded or single premium....all the same thing

Do we have a case?

I would say you can put a case together, yes

Should I go straight to AXA?

FC are your initial target

Does it matter that we looked like we really wanted this insurance, even though we know it was mis-sold as part of the loan.

No

You should be using this spreadsheet

StatIntSheet v101.xls

Your PPI payment is 17.83% of each monthly repayment you made and it is that figure which you need to list in the spreadsheet.

If you have a read of No.1 in my signature it tells you how to deal with the early settlement as well.

Also have a look in the PPI stickies...there is an item in there headed "Notes for Claimants" which will help you with the most common reasons for mis-selling.

Any queries, shout here

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thank you! very grateful.

So in the spreadsheet where it says amount of charge do I put £2587.80?

Sorry should have read your post more thoroughly! I see the figures now, thanks!

Thank you! very grateful.

So in the spreadsheet where it says amount of charge do I put £2587.80?

No.

The PPI is 17.83% of the total repayment every month. So take the monthly repayment and work out what 17.83% of it is.

For example, suppose your monthly payment was £300 then 17.83% of it is £53.49.

So in the spreadsheet you create a list of payments of £53.49. One entry for each monthly payment you made. You will end up with a list of entries for £53.49 and each of them will have a different date....the date you made the repayments.

Have you read the article at No.1 in my signature? If not then please do so as it has a lot of detail in there and will help you when you get to the settlement figure calculations.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sent it off yesterday!!! fingers crossed. Thanks for all your help.

Hi - just checking whether you made any progress with this? I have got nowhere with my claim against TFC - my loan was taken out in 2004, before they were regulated. However, someone on here has just had success with FOS and AXA - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354114-cap1-The-Funding-Corporation-PPI-Rejection-**WON-THROUGH-AXA** .

Are you still dealing with TFC or did you go to AXA?