style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2524 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The residents parking bays outside my house were suspended to enable tree surgery to go ahead. The suspension signs put up by the council made no mention of the council, had no contact number and no details of the appropriate legislation. There was nothing official about them. Anyone could have done them with Word and Clipart. Were they legal? Could they have been legally ignored?

Residents had applied and paid for the suspension to allow work a trees but the council, we believe put up inadequate signs causing us to incur an extra days expense with the tree surgeons.

I have since seen many clipart signs around the city.

Edited by Terry Robson23
Incomplete information

dunno

but a falling tree certainly not!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Probably not, especially if the council had not obtained the Secretary of State's authorisation for its suspension signs..

See 'Suspension of controls; Signage; Requirement for compliant sign' Suzanne Campbell –v- London Borough of Camden here

http://keycases.parkingandtrafficappeals.gov.uk/

The residents parking bays outside my house were suspended to enable tree surgery to go ahead. The suspension signs put up by the council made no mention of the council, had no contact number and no details of the appropriate legislation. There was nothing official about them. Anyone could have done them with Word and Clipart. Were they legal? Could they have been legally ignored?

Residents had applied and paid for the suspension to allow work a trees but the council, we believe put up inadequate signs causing us to incur an extra days expense with the tree surgeons.

I have since seen many clipart signs around the city.

Signs are usually there for a reason if you feel you are that important that you can ignore them don't be surprised if you end up with a tree on your car, your house flooded, no power or your car impounded by the police depending on the reason for the suspension.

Please read the post before submitting unhelpful replies. My point was that there was nothing on the signs to show that they were official. This was a suspension I had a applied not one I had ignored. Why I am bothering with this you clearly didn't read the post.

Please read the post before submitting unhelpful replies. My point was that there was nothing on the signs to show that they were official. This was a suspension I had a applied not one I had ignored. Why I am bothering with this you clearly didn't read the post.

I did read the post you obviously didn't read mine, unless you think someone is doing it as a practical joke I would suggest there is probably a good reason for the sign.

I did read the post you obviously didn't read mine, unless you think someone is doing it as a practical joke I would suggest there is probably a good reason for the sign.

Again you could not have read the post. I applied to have the bays suspended and paid good money. That was why they were posted. My beef is that they were - no it's not worth it.

hi ,

just had an issue with Lambeth regarding a suspended bay, i parked where a suspended bay notice was displayed, got pcn for parking without displaying pay and display etc, made reps that the particular contravention was invalid as the the bay was suspended,

Lambeth did not resapond subsequentily the matter went to the stage where baliffs seize my vehicle, and i took both the balif and lambeth to court for ilegal seizure etc, they settled the claim at the court recently 16 Nov.

if you refer to the earlier post :which i belive encompases the reson that lambeth decided to settle

Michael Browne

Re: Parking Bay Suspension Signs

Probably not, especially if the council had not obtained the Secretary of State's authorisation for its suspension signs..

See 'Suspension of controls; Signage; Requirement for compliant sign' Suzanne Campbell –v- London Borough of Camden here

http://keycases.parkingandtrafficappeals.gov.uk/

hope this is of assistance

Thanks for that. I suppose my case is different because I had applied for the bays to be suspended so that some tree work could be carried out on our community gardens. My point is that they were late putting up signs and the signs that did go up were non compliant. Thus causing us an extra £500 pounds expense because the contractor had to come for an extra day because cars were parked where the work needed to be done. I want them to recompense us. Really I don't think they even know about compliant signage.

hi again,

your right it seems there are some major discrepancies and loop holes with the whole suspend bay compliance issue, and it seems that even the posting of most legitimate notices are not compliant.

in saying that the suspension notices that you applied and paid for were could be deemed as misrepresented, and not fit for purpose in your case, so i would hope you are compensated.

good luck

ps the post from Green an Mean, this name alone defines their character jobsworth:mad2:

"misrepresented, and not fit for purpose" I like that, I'll use that. I am thinking of taking it to a small claims court. They have cost us money through poor service after all. They use private companies for parking services and I don't think these companies have a clue. The signs they put up made no mention of the council, had no contact numbers and referred to no legislation. There was nothing on them to show who had put them up. They were knocked up in Word.