• Tweets

• The funds were taken by eBay, rather than Paypal.  I presume Paypal collects the funds from eBay, and so eBay then sting me for the money.   But either way, before this money was taken from my account, my eBay account balance showed as -£85.  Yes, my bank account has been debited by this amount. eBay say that they are completely removed from the chargeback process, because it is carried out by the buyer's financial institution.  So, conveniently, they cannot help, other than by refunding the chargeback fee of £14. 
    • Perfect, thanks for the detailed response. Once question, do you know how long it takes for the breathing space to get applied? Say for example I have payments due in 4 days and I apply today how does that work? Also, sorry for sounding stupid but what do you mean by default once the breathing space is in place? I mean what does "Default" mean.  After the breathing space is over and I wanted more time, what would happen? I can and will afford the payments after a few months but I just need that breather to sort some stuff out, as I have said I have never missed a payment. Sorry for the many replies but after doing a quick search, correct me if i am wrong. If it then does go into default and it goes to a collection agency am I right in saying they will send many letters and they may consider a claim? and I should only response if an official MoneyClaim is made? Also, If it does go into default does this severely affect my credit score? or will this only be in the case if a CCJ is applied.
    • there isn't one yet use the default mentioned already there. that covers all 3 debts as i assume the PAPLOC is for all 3 debts? dx  
    • a chargeback via a paypal account used in an ebay sale doesn't usually result in funds being sucked from your bank account,  just that you attain a paypal negative balance. as you saying the money was taken by paypal from your bank account without you authorising this? or is it directly the buyers name that is shown? regarding the chargeback but either way you bank account HAS been debited? dx  
    • what solicitor is the PAPLOC from? then just search xxxx snotty letter dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Credit Security Limited / Nationwide

klassykitty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a basic bank account with nationwide in 2006, no overdraft facility.

At the beginning of 2007 one of my direct debits couldnt be paid due to lack of funds in my account and so i was charged a fee causing me to go overdrawn. Im not sure if there were other returned DD fees, but then i was also being charged fees for being overdrawn, fees upon fees, this has caused me to have an overdraft/debt of £429.96 on that account.

Recently ive been getting lots of phone calls to my house about this debt and letters from Credit Security Limited.

How do i go about tackling this situation?

I am 22 weeks pregnant and dont want to keep being harrassed by these people!

T Mobile (Red) £194.58 Cleared - November 2008 - Statute Barred

Capital One (Lowell) £2182.45 Cleared - June 2010 - No credit agreement

Yes Car Credit (Go Debt) £7143.70 Cleared - July 2010 - Statute Barred

HSBC (Lowell/Red) £8476.37 Cleared - July 2010 - Statute Barred

Tesco Loan PPI £2668 - March 2013 - Refund

I had a basic bank account with Nationwidelink3.gif in 2006, no overdraftlink3.gif facility.

At the beginning of 2007 one of my direct debits couldnt be paid due to lack of funds in my account and so i was charged a fee causing me to go overdrawn.

Im not sure if there were other returned DD fees,

but then i was also being charged fees for being overdrawn,

fees upon fees,

this has caused me to have an overdraft/debt of £429.96 on that account.

Recently ive been getting lots of phone callslink3.gif to my house about this debt and letters from Credit Security Limited.

How do i go about tackling this situation?

I am 22 weeks pregnant and dont want to keep being harrassed by these people!

Ah ha!

Cash cowing their customers eh!

Who is calling you? The bank or a puerile DCA?

Send whoever this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

2nd class post but obtain "Proof of posting" which is free from the PO counter.

When did you last pay toward this?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

DCA is calling me, i have never paid towards it, credit file says i first went overdrawn february 2007, i havent touched the account since then.

Credit Security Limited, passed over from capquest, will it become statute barred at the beginning of next year? 6 years after the debt started? I didnt realise bank charges became statute barred.

If it was already statute barred it wouldnt be on my credit file? only got a copy 2 days ago..

No SB starts from the day after the cause of action, or inaction, ie. when you last paid or acknowledged in writing.

A default on your CRF can be placed on their up to six months after the last payment, just because it is on your file does not mean that it is not SB, entries on the CRF last for six years, yes, but when you add in the fudge factor that they may have added it up to six months after the last payment you can see where I'm coming from.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ahh i see, so should i send a statute barred letter?

poss not true

there is no relationship between default dateand SB date as such.

YOUR last financial tranaction in/out or payment was ?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as this debt is 99% PENALTY charges

and

its a DCA chasing for a DCA

i'd guess they'd go nowhere near a courtroom with it

for fear of a counter claim.

who name is against the debt on the cra file?

a dca ibet?

just remember, they are not bailffs and have very few legal powers

even if they own the debt.

trying to spoof you me thinks

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The last financial in/out would of been them trying to pay a direct debit,

i didnt touch the account once it went overdrawn,

it just continued to get more overdrawn.

After having a closer look,

the credit report has it listed as nationwide,

it says start date 4/10/2006 and default date 21/01/2009

but shows in payment history

i started going overdrawn in feb 2007, showing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc

until D january 2009.

Hope that makes sense?

yep so the debt will not fall off your cra file till the defaults 6th birthday.

now last tranaction again...........

YOUR last one, not one of their charges..../ failures

dx

and they

It would of been jan/feb 2007 or before, cant say for sure as ive got no access to the account, but didnt use it once it went overdrawn.

then it is or must be very close to SB date

hence the fleecers trying it on.

dx

and they

Yes theyve become really persistant the past couple of months, i told the bloke on the phone i wasnt speaking to him and to put it in writing but i still keep getting unknown number calls to my home and mobile, and at least one letter a week! Maybe i should wait until after xmas and then send them a statute barred letter.

When was the last payment that you made into or out of the Bank Account?

This is very nearly statute barred so they are having their last push at collecting and also someone wants a chrissy bonus from you!

A quick check of your credit file will reveal if listed, the default date (this can be up to 6 months after any last activity) and the balance.

Never let any DCA worry you, if you do answer the phone, refuse to go through any security questions, laugh and say "in writing only" and hang up, it's your phone line, you pay the bill so never be afraid to answer it.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Ive posted in Banks - Nationwide and got a few responses, the default date on my credit file says 2009 but the last payments made in/out of account were around jan 2007, which is when the account started to go overdrawn, i havent used it since.

Your basically 6 - 10 weeks max away from the debt being statute barred.

If it was me, I would personally ignore until 24hrs past statute barred date then send the statute barred letter.

Please note that the Statute Barred date is from the last payment/acknowledgement and not the default date as some DCA's would love you to believe.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you