floricita

Really need some help and support

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2530 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,I have finally made the decision to face my debts in the face. However, I don't think I can do it alone and would really appreciate some help and support.

Just to give a brief background and the situation to date.I have been a compulsive gambler in the past. I have been recieving councilling for 12 months from gamcare and in that time I had 2 relapses. By and large I think and hope the problem has finished. But I am always aware of it and I know I need to be constantly on my guard.

I am also currently going through a divorce.I lost my job this year.I lost my mum last year.A combination of those things is why I am in debt. I have dealt with those problems, but I have been ignoring my debt problems.In fact I have a big pile of letters stashed away which I am too scared to open.

We get constant phone calls to my house which I now live in with my dad which stresses him out and I now have no idea what my overall debt situation actually is.I am embarrassed and ashamed that I have not been able to manage my finances like a normal adult would be able to.

I am desperate to put this right and manage them going forwards. I know I, am to blame for this situation and no one else and only I can do something about it.Not surprisingly it has made me feel quite ill and depressed and on a couple of occasions I did even think about suicide.

I think the best bit of advice I have seen on here which made me feel a lot better is when somoene said that "debt is not illegal" and that kind of put things into perspective.

I have since being made redundant had a contract role. However, because of the agencies payment terms I am not getting any of the money for 4 weeks. It is also just a short term contract. However I have had interviews lately for longer term jobs.

I also have £500 owed to me from HMRC

In terms of priority bills etc I am up to date with all of those and I do not have any secured loans.

As far as I am aware my situation is as follows

Student loan £9000

Pay days loans originally taken out for £2200

- I have no idea what they are claiming it to be now. and I read one letter where they said it has been sold on to a dca.

Capital one - Credit limit £2000, outstanding amount £2400, defualt notice sent 3 weeks ago and I have 1 week to comply.

I have about £300 worth of charges I could claim back on this oneVanquis Credit limit £1500 outsanding balance £1800,

DCA sending letters requesting payment

Barclay card limit £280, balance £480,

I have PPI worth £250 which I sent off to them and they denied that I had PPI with them. also have £300 worth of charges to claim back.

Egg now barclay, limit £500, Balance £180, but default sent because not paid on time and expired now. I have about £100 worth of charges on this one.

Cahoot credit card limit £1000, balance £1300,

Default sent in august haven't opened any correspondance since.

I have £600 worth of charges to claim back.

Cahoot Bank account, This is a strange one.

I went £5 over the limit about 7 years ago, didn't manage my account and they added charges every month since

and last time they sent me a letter about this was 5 years ago saying I owe them £3000 due to me being over my limit.

I would hate to think what this total is now but seems a bit crazy as this is purely down to me going over the limit originally by £5.

Hoping that I don't hear from them for 1 more year so they cannot claim.

Family £3000.

I have no cash in bank or assets to sell.As you can see it is a complete disaster and I have no idea how to deal with it.My first action is to tonight ring the CCCS or what they are called now and ask them what I should do and try and get these phone calls stopped and then actually open up all these letters.

I hope this is solvable, I have my doubts but I'm determined to give it my best shot.

1 question I do have is, with the ones that come under CCA and I have money to be claimed back,

should I try and stall for time by stating that I want to dispute the account because of these charges

and the account should be put on hold until I get a chance to assess what the balance should be with the charges offset?

Edited by honeybee13
Putting in some spacing.

Apologies it won't let me do paragraphs for some reason.Just to add. Income flows will beDec 7th £750Dec 14th £750Dec 21st £150Dec 28th or 29th £350 After that no income as of yet but hope to secure something before then.I also owe orange £300 too.

Apologies it won't let me do paragraphs for some reason.Just to add. Income flows will beDec 7th £750Dec 14th £750Dec 21st £150Dec 28th or 29th £350 After that no income as of yet but hope to secure something before then.I also owe orange £300 too.

Hello there.

I've added some spacing for you. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum