Monarch tactis in claiming compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My flight from Luton to Rome in April this year was delayed over 6 hours..... Monarch went through the usual oh your claim has been placed on hold till the EU ruling...

I contacted them early October pointing out they knew what the judgment was ina s much as their appeal had been denied and the original judgment stood, and would they like to settle now...

They responded we will wait on the judgment on the 23/10/2012....

They are putting as many obstructions in claimants way as possible, insisting on each individual passenger filling in a claim form, and asking for all sorts of information , boarding passes , and original paperwork and passport copies..

Over and above that I also had the letter they gave us at the airport apologizing for the "technical problem"...

in the EU ruling it states 14 days for payment...they have told me that ain't happening.. actually couldn't believe the blasé attitude of the claims handler...it was more or less, couldnt care less, its not even been assessed yet!!!

So county court paperwork will be completed and sent of in the next 48 hours.:-x:-x

If you kick a Tiger in the Ass youbetter have a plan to deal with its teeth :madgrin:

My flight from Luton to Rome in April this year was delayed over 6 hours..... Monarch went through the usual oh your claim has been placed on hold till the EU ruling...

I contacted them early October pointing out they knew what the judgment was ina s much as their appeal had been denied and the original judgment stood, and would they like to settle now...

They responded we will wait on the judgment on the 23/10/2012....

They are putting as many obstructions in claimants way as possible, insisting on each individual passenger filling in a claim form, and asking for all sorts of information , boarding passes , and original paperwork and passport copies..

Over and above that I also had the letter they gave us at the airport apologizing for the "technical problem"...

in the EU ruling it states 14 days for payment...they have told me that ain't happening.. actually couldn't believe the blasé attitude of the claims handler...it was more or less, couldnt care less, its not even been assessed yet!!!

So county court paperwork will be completed and sent of in the next 48 hours.:-x:-x

Indeed the airline is putting up some barriers, but it is trying to standardise claims by requesting passengers to complete a claims form. You can of course set your own timescale by sending a Notice before Action and including a reasonable timetable by which the airline should settle your claim or provide a full valid defence before you take further action.

There is no 14 day or any other timescale by when the airline should issue compensation or deal with your claim so not sure where you have got this from.

It is in the EU judgment...that is where it came from...

The CAA are advising if nothing within 28 days make contact with them and they will take it up....

The original claims form Monarch were issuing, was onyl 2 pages this has now been revised to 4...

If you kick a Tiger in the Ass youbetter have a plan to deal with its teeth :madgrin:

the Letter before action has already been sent...and a reasonable timescale was set....

They have know the ruling since May/June and knew the appeal had been lost, they have had ample time to make the preparations for claims and they have had mine since April but put it on hold....

It is in the EU judgment...that is where it came from...

The CAA are advising if nothing within 28 days make contact with them and they will take it up....

The original claims form Monarch were issuing, was onyl 2 pages this has now been revised to 4...

the letter before actionlink3.gif has already been sent...and a reasonable timescale was set....

They have know the ruling since May/June and knew the appeal had been lost, they have had ample time to make the preparations for claims and they have had mine since April but put it on hold....

There is no mention of 14 days to settle in either the Regulation or the judgment as this is a matter for National courts to decide upon.

The CAA, as you are probably aware cannot take action to settle individual claims themselves and as you have sent a letter before action already, you appear ready to start legal proceedings in any case without resorting to the CAA.

The claim form is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fimcgnqennoear1/EU%20Compensation%20Claim%20Form%20for%20a%20Delayed%20flight%20%281%29.pdf

I agree that airlines should have planned for the many claims they are now receiving since they almost certainly knew the game was up in May once the Legal Opinion was published but they probably only launched this action in any case to delay the inevitable.

The claim form is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fimcgnqenn...%20%281%29.pdf

that is the 2nd version, not the original claim form sent out..........

Why would you suggest filling in another claim form??

If you check the thread you copied and pasted the link from, you will find that the CAA have already told people who have contacted with regards the airlines taking 6-8 weeks to settle or even look at, thier advice is give 28 days and then contact the CAA who will then approach the airlines.

there appears to be only 1 interested party ME and 1 responder you!

If you wished to give "interested parties " sight of the form them might I suggest you actually start your own thread for that specific purpose!!!! Instead of hijacking a thread for general information purposes!

There may indeed be 323 views....... but that is all they are views!! apart from you, no one else has contributed....

I did not ask for information relating to a claim form....I did not ask if anyone had a copy of one....

I merely pointed out what Monarch were asking claimants to do!!!

sorry I must have missed the assistance offered...:|

Edited by jacqui_o
Cityboy is becoming argumentative and hijackign thread for his own reasons

maybe if responders got less atitude back there would be less views and more replys

sorry but why have a go at someone who was just trying to help

• Haha 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: