UKPC Invoice!!! Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am after a bit of advice if at all possible.

In June this year I moved into my rented flat and was promptly given a nice shiny parking permit for my car, which I was informed I could park in my allocated parking bay.

Since moving in the permit has been displayed in the windscreen of vehicle and I have never had any issues with parking charges. I would add at this stage that as well as being a Police officer I also volunteer for the British Red Cross attending house fires at all times of the night to provide support for victims of fire.

Whilst on these calls, which occasionally I have to attend in my own car I remove the permit from the windscreen, as it has my address on it, but always put it back in position before I park the car when I get home.

Well last night I got called out to a fire some distance from home and had to attend in my private vehicle (don't worry, i have informed my insurance company) not returning home until half midnight this morning.

At 6.00am this morning I went out to go to work and found that a delightful individual who obviously got bullied at school had put a parking charge ticket on my windscreen, half an hour after getting back this morning for not displaying a permit.

On getting in the car I found that the permit had slipped off its normal position but was on the dashboard, albeit underneath dash mounted emergency lights that are fitted to the vehicle.

At this stage I have not done anything. I have been advised by a colleague at work to attempt to appeal and see where that gets me and then to tell the debt collection people to stick it up their hoop when the come demanding money.

Any advice that you guys can give me would be gratefully appreciated.

I wouldn't even get involved in an appeal - simply ignore them. The 'appeal' will be a foregone conclusion anyway. You will get letters, but in the end they will give up!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi there,

I am after a bit of advice if at all possible.

In June this year I moved into my rented flat and was promptly given a nice shiny parking permit for my car, which I was informed I could park in my allocated parking bay.

Since moving in the permit has been displayed in the windscreen of vehicle and I have never had any issues with parking charges. I would add at this stage that as well as being a Police officer I also volunteer for the British Red Cross attending house fires at all times of the night to provide support for victims of fire.

Whilst on these calls, which occasionally I have to attend in my own car I remove the permit from the windscreen, as it has my address on it, but always put it back in position before I park the car when I get home.

Well last night I got called out to a fire some distance from home and had to attend in my private vehicle (don't worry, i have informed my insurance company) not returning home until half midnight this morning.

At 6.00am this morning I went out to go to work and found that a delightful individual who obviously got bullied at school had put a parking charge ticket on my windscreen, half an hour after getting back this morning for not displaying a permit.

On getting in the car I found that the permit had slipped off its normal position but was on the dashboard, albeit underneath dash mounted emergency lights that are fitted to the vehicle.

At this stage I have not done anything. I have been advised by a colleague at work to attempt to appeal and see where that gets me and then to tell the debt collection people to stick it up their hoop when the come demanding money.

Any advice that you guys can give me would be gratefully appreciated.

Totally agree with sidewinder but if its a council that hand out the permit, i'm not sure on their regs but if its private land and one of these cheat companies then don't waste anymore of your precious own time.

its not a debt

its a speculative invoice

they can do nothing to you

nor

your credit file.

do some reading in this forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

private vehicle...dashmounted emergency lights...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BTW the permit should not be displaying any private details like an address that can be seen by members of the public. Not even my BB has this info. If some toerag came past the car and saw the address, they could wait until the car was gone and then burgle your flat as they have the address and know you are out. Be very careful!