style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

So what you saying? Jobcentre has now access to my account even though them 2 boxers are not ticked? because I gived them my email address.

No, the only way they can access your account is if you give permission by ticking the appropriate boxes. The point is that if they're telling you they need your email address "to prove you have a UJM account" then they are mistaken.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things:-

I have an appointment with the Job Centre tomorrow (along with 2 other people) to create a UJ account, as i refused to give my advisor my e-mail address, so they are going to do it on-site, don't mind them doing this as they will set up an e-mail address that i'll never use outside of doing this UJ!

I have it all planned out, log in at 7-8am every morning and apply for as many jobs as possible, if i do that every day it should keep them quiet and off my back for a while!

Also i have been mandated to attend a Jobs Fair in October, i guess this is a recent thing as i avoid these like the plauge, so i guess i'll have to give my CV to a few people and get the JC stand to confirm i attended!

Yes, i suppose i'm starting to jump through their hoops now, after 2 years of Igneus, my brain has turned to mush! (not that i went to Igneus all that often!)

Just remember, you do not have to tick the boxes giving JCP staff access to your UJ account - If you get mandated to do so, point the adviser to the UJ Toolkit manual and PCS union briefings and then ask it to be referred to a Decision Maker. Also note you are under no obligation to give out your email address or phone number (mobile or home).

As for the jobs fair, judging by the memos I've seen, it is a nation wide event, so don't feel that you have been singled out for it... I'm in half a mind to go to the local one just to ruffle a few feathers. The worst they can do is kick me out (in fact, that is all they can do).

Idle thought, if the likes of Seetec, Ingeus, and A4e are there, I'm in the mood to shout at someone.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

JC said that they will give us our own special e-mail addy, don't mind that because i'll never use it outside of doing a job search.

So the 1998 Data Protection Act is still ok to fallback on with regards to ticking that pesky box?

I shall tell the other 2 people about it as well!

So, gonna set up an account, but refuse to tick box!

JC just called...it's been cancelled, so gotta wait for them to make another appointment!

Edited by Flickyhecky

JC said that they will give us our own special e-mail addy, don't mind that because i'll never use it outside of doing a job search.

So the 1998 Data Protection Act is still ok to fallback on with regards to ticking that pesky box?

I shall tell the other 2 people about it as well!

So, gonna set up an account, but refuse to tick box!

JC just called...it's been cancelled, so gotta wait for them to make another appointment!

Two issues arise.

Firstly, when you create an account on Universal Job Match, you enter into a legally binding agreement with the Monster Corporation (operating UJ on behalf of the DWP) when you agree not to disclose any Security Information (such as Gateway Number, Password, Email Address). Hence, when you create an account, be wary of disclosing any information, or being watched on behind your back by an over zealous Security Guard.

Secondly - yes you can invoke your rights under the Data Protection Act not to tick the box.

You can use either the European Convention of Human Rights:

Article 8 – Right to respect for private and family life

1. Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.

2. There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

And/or you can use the Data Protection Act - If you get any grief, ask which enabling legislation overrides your statutory rights under the DPA and ECHR/8.

Also note you are under no obligation to give out your email address or phone number (mobile or home).

Personally I would be very wary of giving out any information that is not required by law or regulation.

I obtained a while back, a print out of my 'Account Summary' on their 'Customer Information System' - CIS for short.

I was shocked with what I found.

They record information about my ID, nationality, and all of our telephone numbers (landline & mobile)

As regards the latter, I gave strict instructions a couple of years ago that they must NOT be recorded and were given for a 'one time use' only.

I complained about the data being recorded without my permission. It took over 6 months of them ignoring my letters and then telling me it was compulsory.

Eventually they removed all trace of them. I will only deal with government departments via letter/post.

Even worse still they somewhere hold details of my GP. I was told at my last review for ESA that they had written to my GP. I have never given them any continuing authority to do so, to the point that I refused to disclose the GP's details and those of my consultants on the ESA50.

They still continue to ignore my letters on this matter.

Be very careful about giving the DWP/HMRC ANY information that they don't need under law. Even if you do give it ensure that they are aware that it is to be used only on that one occasion.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if I can do this on my Universal Jobmatch account?

What if I don't fill in my activity and I write down all my Jobseeking onto Microsoft Office word and printing it out everytime when its near my Jobcentre appointment as I always currently do that and I always copy and paste my Jobseeking from office word onto my Jobmatch account.

It seems pointless everything down on my activity history when I haven't given my advisor permission to access my account as its just a waste of my time.

But I will just apply for jobs by the apply button, will that be ok?

I am just worried that maybe 1 day he might need to see my account and he will notice that I haven't written anything down and he could sanction me.

I still haven't found ANY legislation which says you actually have to store anything on UJ, just the guidance which has already been posted elsewhere saying you can present your jobsearch on paper if you want.

As you say, it's a crazy situation; they can mandate you to register and create an account but they can't actually make you use it, nor show them anything from it - including printouts.

I've had my UJ account since May, the JC don't have permission to access it and in any case I have NOTHING recorded on it whatsoever - I only select jobs that can be applied for externally, not through UJ, and those are the ones I put on my Jobsearch log. I write that the vacancy was 'found on UJ' which satisfies the JC that I'm using the site.

As long as you can provide sufficient evidence either written or verbal to satisfy your JSAg steps then there should be no problem.

Yes you can be mandated/directed to open an account but permission for DWP to access is your preference entirely. We do ask if there is a problem but I have not heard anybody say "you must let us view your account/give permission for DWP to view" for a very long time in fact not since the union printed the documents giving staff the official guidance many months ago.

A lot of people who do use UJM say that they find the activity history useful as it saves them having to bring anything else into the office to prove job search, others say they prefer to bring in their own records, others prefer to give a verbal account.

All down to personal preference a the end of the day.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just wondering if anyone can answer this for me as I have appointment at Job Centre this afternoon at 3.40pm

Since I have been sanctioned for 2 weeks since last Friday and I can't print any Job applications of like Job Searching on Microsoft Office Word, could I tick them 2 boxes on my Jobmatch account to let my adviser see my Job Search as due to them I have no money for prints out at Library.

Can't believe I have being sanctioned as I am applying for Jobs, I even had a interview on Tuesday.

And when I get back home, could I untick them again?

Any help would be great, thanks.

You can enable access and then untick the boxes at a later date - You might get some choice words from the adviser when you do disable access....

You can enable access and then untick the boxes at a later date - You might get some choice words from the adviser when you do disable access....

Not my problem, if he wants to start then I say bring it on as I will make a complaint against him, he is the one who sanctioned me in the first place, not my fault if I have no money due to him !!

I am going to warn him at my appointment that I will be unticking them 2 boxers when I get home.

Have you considered an appeal?

How I approach the job center is that I print everything and go in with a folder. Every job application has all correspondence copied and placed in order.

My UJM account doesn't work. I had issues with mine, they flushed the account so I could restart but it still does not show up on their screens properly even though I DID give them access. To prove my point I went in with a printed screenshot showing my searchs and applications. I even offered to log into the computer there and then and show them but they accepted my point. She was being reviewed by her manager at the time of my interview as well. He agreed that the system has bugs. To date I have had no issues with JC and Ive passed my pre employment medical for a job and can wave goodbye in 4-8 weeks wooo!

But yea, you should see a CAB adviser and plan an appeal.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Have you considered an appeal?

How I approach the job center is that I print everything and go in with a folder. Every job application has all correspondence copied and placed in order.

My UJM account doesn't work. I had issues with mine, they flushed the account so I could restart but it still does not show up on their screens properly even though I DID give them access. To prove my point I went in with a printed screenshot showing my searchs and applications. I even offered to log into the computer there and then and show them but they accepted my point. She was being reviewed by her manager at the time of my interview as well. He agreed that the system has bugs. To date I have had no issues with JC and Ive passed my pre employment medical for a job and can wave goodbye in 4-8 weeks wooo!

But yea, you should see a CAB adviser and plan an appeal.

I haven't got any posts that stating I have been sanctioned, I only found out by ringing Job Centre up, could I still appeal without any letters in the post? also like I stated, I do bring in proofs like Job sent emails, Job Searching on Microsoft Office Word, I have no money what so ever, also its got on my agreement that I need to ring companies, well that's going to be hard since they stopped my money so I can't top up my mobile as I have no money.

I haven't got any posts that stating I have been sanctioned, I only found out by ringing Job Centre up, could I still appeal without any letters in the post?

If you do have a sanction imposed without receiving any written notice - Usually a letter asking for "good reason", then that is an additional reason for requesting a "mandatory reconsideration". You would firstly give your "good reason", in this case, extending your search area of employment due to lack of suitable employment opportunities closer to home, then you would point out "failure to follow correct procedure" by not notifying you of a benefit doubt being raised.

One way around this is if they have printers there to deny access and use their resources to print stuff

Or if it's free or cheap at the library?

Any friends or family you could ask to print stuff?

You may get attitude if you allow and then deny bit when my PWP one did it I nearly burst into laughter as it was hilarious

One way around this is if they have printers there to deny access and use their resources to print stuff

Or if it's free or cheap at the library?

Any friends or family you could ask to print stuff?

You may get attitude if you allow and then deny bit when my PWP one did it I nearly burst into laughter as it was hilarious

A few months back, I asked to print something out at Job Centre but adviser wasn't to happy and he said, I can't use they printers again, he said this is a one of.

Its 10 per sheet at Library but when you don't have any money like me then its impossible to print out, I have no money at all, I can't ask my parents as they are only on sick benefit, and don't want to ask friends as it will be to embarrassing :(

just a few thoughts

When you apply for a job do you not get an email confirmation?

If not could you not do a screen print and then email it to yourself

Set up a special email address just for jobs and give the job centre your log in details

I know that this may seem unfair but you need to remember they will do anything to sanction people and the easiest way is to play ball.

You also need to talk to them about why you were sanctioned and get a reconsideration in as well as seeing about an emergency payment.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Another tool i use is similar. I scan in documents on comp and email them to myself or others with attachments.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Even with no email notification the application will be saved in your account in the website you are using. Simply print screen these areas and paste on to a blank document and each time you need to provide evidence label and save the document as, for example JSA15thMay etc and email. Always keep a hard copy as they will no doubt have NEVER received it or have lost it (oldest trick in the book) - always remain one step ahead

You can also show evidence, screen prints, etc on your tablet, phone or media player. I have an Archos media player with a 4" screen and I keep all the .pdf format guidance on it to show any out-of-line adviser.

(...it's also great fun to watch them screwing up their eyes trying to read the text; I never mention that I can zoom the text up :))

It's completely unacceptable to sanction someone with out first telling them - seems to be the norm these days though. Definitely appeal it - loudly.