style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@ Farbramble: If you do give the DWP access, when you go into the Jobcentre, they will ask you for your email to find you on the site, they can also use your name, phone number and a few other various ways.

But as I said, if you do not give them access, there is no way to view your account.

@ stikky62: You are mistaken. The recommended jobs you are seeing are jobs recommend to you from the skills you provided when you first created the account. This can be found under 'Profile' and scroll down to the bottom.

These jobs are not exact matches to you and are not there for you to definitely apply for them. It is just suggested jobs you may be interested in. Also key words from your CV may also bring up some jobs.

I'll give you an example, if someone is going for an entry level position, say minimum wage and they are looking for jobs to do with admin or ICT. Now in the recommended jobs, there might be a job for a admin manager, where the wage maybe 30 to 35k a year. Now clearly that person is not qualified to do that job, so will not be expected to apply for it.

But if there is a job there that you can apply for, then why not apply for it.

Edit: Please remember this site is still new, it's going to have problems, but it will get better in time.

Edited by jbaker2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely enough it Admin I'm looking for.

You say we're not expected to apply for jobs we're not qualified for, that's not strictly true. Most jobs advertised ask for some form of qualification/experience and as I was once told by a DWP advisor to 'think outside the box' and stop looking just at admin I assumed I was now to take no notice of required qualifications and experience, and they were going to do the same.

f.y.i I'm applying for jobs I want/can apply for and quite a lot of others I have no interest in whatsoever (half hearted applications but its the pressures of 'playing the game' - I've got targets to hit :wink: )

The point I was trying to make with the example was, if a person has never had experience as a manager, has never really worked before and has basic IT skills the chances of them getting a job that is at 35k a year is very unlikely, so an advisor is not going to say, why didn't you apply for this job? It will be clear from talking to the person and seeing their CV that they are very unlikely to get that job.

Am not saying do not apply for jobs that ask for experience or qualifications that you do not have, but just think logically about your chances of getting a specific job.

Edit: Any job that you can do, you should be applying for.

The fear is claimants will be sanctioned for not applying to any and all jobs whether they're appropriate or not or even realistic. Do you have any comment? Also, what do you know of this mandatory 35 hours a week jobsearch nonsense we keep hearing of please?

Each benefit is different and has different requirements you need to meet. My experience is with Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) and when you make a claim you enter an agreement and within that agreement will be what you need to do to fulfil what is expected of you. As long as you do what is needed, you will be fine.

My experience is on UJ and helping people use it, this mandatory 35hours a week, is not what I deal with but I will try to get clarification on the subject and reply here tomorrow.

I would like to know how they are going to make this mandatory after reading this Privacy policy on the site:

This Privacy Policy sets out how online information will be collected and used on and by this website.

By registering or by using this site, you accept, how the personal information provided by you will be collected, used and transferred. Please read this policy carefully as it affects your rights and responsibilities under the law. If you disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on the Site, please do not use it.

If I don't agree then I won't use the site, Simples as the meerkat would say.

George

I would like to know how they are going to make this mandatory after reading this Privacy policy on the site:

This Privacy Policy sets out how online information will be collected and used on and by this website.

By registering or by using this site, you accept, how the personal information provided by you will be collected, used and transferred. Please read this policy carefully as it affects your rights and responsibilities under the law. If you disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on the Site, please do not use it.

If I don't agree then I won't use the site, Simples as the meerkat would say.

George

I am replying from my phone here so excuse anything that looks odd.

I made a new thread about Universal Jobmatch an a guy, I think, asked the same question about the site becoming mandatory, this is the reply I gave him...

"As of right now, UJ is not mandatory, and it will not becoming mandatory for a long time and might never become mandatory, when I was looking at the latest updates today, no mention of mandatory registration was mentioned. When I go in tomorrow I will find out for any exact dates for you and will post a reply as soon as I know."

I hope this helps you...

What is it about the policy that you disagree with exactly?

Thank you...

I hope they do to, I spent all day today in the JCP helping staff and customers with UJ. So hopefully they ask me anything they don't feel like asking advisers in the JC.

I use the site myself testing for problems and such yet I can use the site no problem, yes bugs are there but nothing so bad they cannot use the site, and there is a lot misconceptions about the site and I will able to answer them here.

John

Can you please tell me why there's no way there to write a cover letter and why when you mention it to the e-mail team they don't care? THe wp etc always want a cover letter and (more importantly) so do the employers

Thanks

I made a new thread about Universal Jobmatch an a guy, I think, asked the same question about the site becoming mandatory, this is the reply I gave him...

"As of right now, UJ is not mandatory, and it will not becoming mandatory for a long time and might never become mandatory, when I was looking at the latest updates today, no mention of mandatory registration was mentioned. When I go in tomorrow I will find out for any exact dates for you and will post a reply as soon as I know."

That source sounds familiar. I might be mistaken, but this info was drafted quite some time ago. I'm sure that IDS was talking lately of making the site compulsory.

if anyone has their ID stolen as a result of UJM then IDS should be held personally responsible and face criminal charges!

Ever since this loophole was discovered, (the potential to harvest personal info), the DWP have only issued the usual soundbites. Yet after the DWP's statement on security, CH4 news were still able to create an alias and sign up as an employer.

Anyway, in light of this, I'm thinking of redacting all key info on my CV. But then again, will probably get sanctioned on the basis of hindering the jobmatch process.

if anyone has their ID stolen as a result of UJM then IDS should be held personally responsible and face criminal charges!

Won't ever happen, the job seeker would be accused of being irresponsible with his/her information, the same tactics the banks try when someone clones a credit card.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

If the Job center can remotely monitor me via my jobs match profile, why do i have to make a 40 mile round trip to meet with my advisor?

FYI i have not signed anything allowing them to see my personal data but it is clear that when i go in tomorrow i will be expected to sign. im just curios behind their logic

If the Job center can remotely monitor me via my jobs match profile, why do i have to make a 40 mile round trip to meet with my advisor?

FYI i have not signed anything allowing them to see my personal data but it is clear that when i go in tomorrow i will be expected to sign. im just curios behind their logic

Hello there.

I've moved your query to an existing thread about UJ, rather than have another thread about it.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Lets clarify the talk about mandatory UJ registration. As of right now, registration is not mandatory and as of right now, there is no talk of UJ becoming mandatory. If UJ was to become mandatory it will not be for a long time, long time being my interpretation of a long time, and you will be well informed before it does.

I can't speak on behalf of all the different types of benefit, but as job seekers claiming JSA, you should be doing everything in your power to find work, UJ is a good viable option to find work, so you would have to give a good reason to why you would not use the site.

You don't have to give us permission, but why would'nt you? The information on the site is information the JCP already has about you, it's not like the JCP is going to learn anything new from your account.

I would like to ask use a question... Why would you not want to sign up and use the site?

It's basically the same as other job search sites. You sign up, upload your CV, then apply for jobs. The site is managed by Monster Worldwide Ltd and am sure you have heard of Monster.

Just this is designed to help use, as job seekers, keep track of the jobs you have applied for and one day remove the use of the ES4 form because you can do it online.

@Chester6:

Hmmm ill try to answer this for you...

It's clear you cannot attach a cover letter if you apply via the 'Apply' button on the site, but if an employer adds that 'Apply' button to their vacancy then it would suggest to me that they do not need nor want a cover letter.

Now if an employer has a job on the site, but there is no 'Apply' button, and asks you to send your CV via a direct email, then that could suggest that the employer would like a cover letter.

Does this help?

Why do you think the Jobcentre can remotely monitor you? When they cannot.

"personal data"? what do you think personal data is? And what do you think they can actually see?

Am curious.

Why do you think the Jobcentre can remotely monitor you? When they cannot.

"personal data"? what do you think personal data is? And what do you think they can actually see?

Am curious.

Hello again. I don't have experience of this system, but clearly it's bothering people and this is understandable. Not all of us have a deep understanding of IT, such as myself. :)

Any reassurance you can give would be really appreciated.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The system's open to fraud as there aren't checks on whether supposed employers are genuine. Such people can be harvesting details with a view to implementing identity fraud. Also the whole site seems to be an excuse for sanctioning people. If they turn down any job at all they can be sanctioned for it and then have to go months with no money till their reconsideration comes through and then wait many further months till their appeal, with which they will be denied any assistance as funding's being withdrawn for legal aid. The whole point of the site is to set claimants up to fail. If it weren't, job application would be automatic, wouldn't it? Claimants wouldn't be left any choice at all, would they? The system would simply apply for suitable jobs on their behalf and they'd be expected to take up any reasonable offers.

Hello again. I don't have experience of this system, but clearly it's bothering people and this is understandable. Not all of us have a deep understanding of IT, such as myself. :)

Any reassurance you can give would be really appreciated.

Hi again HB.

I'll make it very clear, to register on UJ, you will need to provide...

1. Your first name

2. Your surname

3. Your city/town

4. Your region

5. Your postcode

6. Your email address

7. And a skill you think you have

Now from that list, you tell me, what part of it does the Jobcentre not have already?

Edit: Some people do not have emails, don't use that as an answer if you don't have an email.

Edited by jbaker2009

The system's open to fraud as there aren't checks on whether supposed employers are genuine. Such people can be harvesting details with a view to implementing identity fraud. Also the whole site seems to be an excuse for sanctioning people. If they turn down any job at all they can be sanctioned for it and then have to go months with no money till their reconsideration comes through and then wait many further months till their appeal, with which they will be denied any assistance as funding's being withdrawn for legal aid. The whole point of the site is to set claimants up to fail. If it weren't, job application would be automatic, wouldn't it? Claimants wouldn't be left any choice at all, would they? The system would simply apply for suitable jobs on their behalf and they'd be expected to take up any reasonable offers.

There is checks to see whether employers are real, the fake employers that got through managed to get past the checks, yes, it shouldn't of happened but it did. It. Will. Get. Better. Can anyone remember when Monster was first launched? Fish4jobs? Indeed? They well could have had the same issues, we just didn't hear about it, but I could be wrong.

You are wrong. You will not be sanctioned for not applying for a job that you cannot do. You will be sanctioned for not applying for a job that you CAN do. If you can do a job, then do it, sounds pretty simple to me. Where are you getting your information from?

Are you just trying to be annoying? There is many reasons why automatic job application is not setup, do you really want me to state some for you or can you work it out for yourself?

... Are you just trying to be annoying? There is many reasons why automatic job application is not setup, do you really want me to state some for you or can you work it out for yourself?

Ahem. I would rather hope that patience, understanding and compassion were three key elements necessary in a customer orientated position such as those of an adviser in JC+ and certainly for anyone involved with the training of others.