style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

employer post their own vacancies now and JCP/DWP have no input on how the vacancies are placed.

If a complaint is made then there is a team who will look at the vacancy to ensure if complies with all necessary legislation.

Thanks Flumps. So I guess people should make a bigger point of complaining about totally inappropriate vacancies.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks Flumps. So I guess people should make a bigger point of complaining about totally inappropriate vacancies.

I do, and to be fair they usually vanish reasonably quickly.

On another note, there have only been two new vacancies posted on there in two days within 20 miles of my location...are you guys still having problems or is this just part of the dreaded Christmas lull?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

No the problems are there as predicted.

It is extremely frustrating, customers can't create an account properly, the system is simply far too slow so advisors are having pronlems during the interviews trying to show customers how it works (excuse he pun!), and goodness knows hoe employers are feeling about it.

That is what happens though when it is put out to private contracts and the systems are tested properly in advance of the go-live date.

Yep, feels like being back in the NHS again Flumps! I feel strangely comforted when something IT based makes me want to mash my face off the keyboard. :razz:

That being said, looks like we know how the employers feel about it...apparently, they aren't using it. Not in my area anyway.

EDIT: Holy Moly, I take it back! 40 pages of jobs, all dated today have just appeared. Apparently, they are using it after all!

Edited by LaughingGirl

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

No the problems are there as predicted.

It is extremely frustrating, customers can't create an account properly, the system is simply far too slow so advisors are having pronlems during the interviews trying to show customers how it works (excuse he pun!), and goodness knows hoe employers are feeling about it.

That is what happens though when it is put out to private contracts and the systems are tested properly in advance of the go-live date.

so the Jobcentre no longer matches people to vacancies and do the vacancies i was given by some woman in the Jobcentre yesterday from some place called enable count as matched vacancies??

If you were given them in the JCP, I think it's safer to assume that they're matched vacancies.

I'm just back from the jobcentre and signing on.

I was given a booklet about it and told ''You don't have to, but it will be easier and it's coming into effect in the next while''.

My adviser is nice to me and easy going so didn't query her words, but she said it was not mandatory, but implied it was easier than having to fill out the diary every week.

How's everyone else advisers and such advertising this to people?

basically you create an account give permission for jobcentre to view that account through your n.i. number and every time you log on the time and date is recorded and what jobs your looking at is also recorded you can create your own c.v on there which you can have on open setting for all employers to see, also you set what jobs your lookin for and notifications of all matchs get e-mailed to you as there bein put on , it is becoming mandatory for everyone soon.

I did hear about disgruntled Jobseeker Direct employees posting up vacancies for "Contract Killer" and the like.

atos beware :whoo:

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Even if you decide not to give DWP permission to view your account whe you attend the office you can still be matched to vacancies, a conversation will be entered on the LMS system to say that you were given the details during your signing or appointment.

At the present time it is not mandatory to sign up or give permission but when the system is in full swing (whenever that may be!) you can be mandated to set up an account to conduct jobsearches for JSA and it will be included in your JSAg.

Permission will always remain your decision to make and you shouldn't feel pressurised to give your details and you could then be required to print out your jobsearch activity from your UJM account.

Even if you decide not to give DWP permission to view your account whe you attend the office you can still be matched to vacancies, a conversation will be entered on the LMS system to say that you were given the details during your signing or appointment.

At the present time it is not mandatory to sign up or give permission but when the system is in full swing (whenever that may be!) you can be mandated to set up an account to conduct jobsearches for JSA and it will be included in your JSAg.

Permission will always remain your decision to make and you shouldn't feel pressurised to give your details and you could then be required to print out your jobsearch activity from your UJM account.

i was given vacancies to apply for from another website by the person i saw yesterday, do they count as matched vacancies as they are not from the jobcentre system?

basically you create an account give permission for jobcentre to view that account through your n.i. number and every time you log on the time and date is recorded and what jobs your looking at is also recorded you can create your own c.v on there which you can have on open setting for all employers to see, also you set what jobs your lookin for and notifications of all matchs get e-mailed to you as there bein put on , it is becoming mandatory for everyone soon.

There is nothing in the DWP info that's says it will be compulsory soon.... where did get that from?

i was given vacancies to apply for from another website by the person i saw yesterday, do they count as matched vacancies as they are not from the jobcentre system?

As Flumps said, if they've given you jobs to apply to it's because they've matched you to the vacancies. They will definitely have made a note of them, and they will ask you about applying next time you sign.

As Flumps said, if they've given you jobs to apply to it's because they've matched you to the vacancies. They will definitely have made a note of them, and they will ask you about applying next time you sign.

ive applied for them all even though one of the vacancies was not on the website, so i applied for the same vacancy but in a town just down the road :)

the adviser who gave them to me has a history of handing out vacancies that have either closed or simply don't exist anymore, i don't know if its just me she gives them to but im taking it personally so if anything happens i'll make sure she gets the blame :)

ive applied for them all even though one of the vacancies was not on the website, so i applied for the same vacancy but in a town just down the road :)

the adviser who gave them to me has a history of handing out vacancies that have either closed or simply don't exist anymore, i don't know if its just me she gives them to but im taking it personally so if anything happens i'll make sure she gets the blame :)

To be fair, if she's getting them off agency websites I spend half my life applying for jobs that don't actually exist through agencies. I have no idea what recruitment agencies get out of posting fictitious jobs, but it drives me absolutely crackers. It's such a waste of time.

There was a job posted a couple of weeks ago which I was going to apply for. From reading the details of the job in the advert, there was only one company that it could possibly have been, so I rang them and asked them if I could apply to them directly. To absolutely no-one's surprise, they didn't have any open jobs and don't use recruitment agencies when they do.

To be fair, if she's getting them off agency websites I spend half my life applying for jobs that don't actually exist through agencies. I have no idea what recruitment agencies get out of posting fictitious jobs, but it drives me absolutely crackers. It's such a waste of time.

There was a job posted a couple of weeks ago which I was going to apply for. From reading the details of the job in the advert, there was only one company that it could possibly have been, so I rang them and asked them if I could apply to them directly. To absolutely no-one's surprise, they didn't have any open jobs and don't use recruitment agencies when they do.

well i wouldn't put anything past jobcentre staff, most of them are all smug towards the unemployed.

Employment agencies have been posting non existent jobs for years, I had a fixed term contract supervising major front door installations throughout London via an agency in 2008, they are still advertising the same job today!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

well i wouldn't put anything past jobcentre staff, most of them are all smug towards the unemployed.

I've said it before, but all the staff at my job centre are lovely...which is great, but also means you never get seen on time, lol.

Employment agencies have been posting non existent jobs for years, I had a fixed term contract supervising major front door installations throughout London via an agency in 2008, they are still advertising the same job today!

But WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY????!!!! Lol. Honestly, it drives me nuts!

at the jobcentre i go to there are a few nice staff, infact there is only one member of staff i really have a problem with and that is the one who keeps giving me expired and non exixtant vacancies. if the happens against i will be putting in a complaint against her :)

Hi all, just a brief insight into my experience so far with UJM.

I was presented the relevant paperwork on a recent sign date (15/11) and signed as normal on that day.

Returning two weeks later with my completed jobsearch (29/11) to sign again, I had registered and begun using UJM on 23/11 and had applied for jobs through that service until 29/11, but the week prior to that I just applied to jobs via company websites etc.

Interestingly, yesterday i received a letter saying; 'A doubt has arisen on your claim for JSA as it appears that from 16/11 to 22/11 you may not have taken sufficient or appropriate steps to find work.'

So, it looks like I am due for a sanction as the letter does state that JSA cannot be paid until a decision is reached.

I find it very much of a coincidence that the week prior to signing up to UJM has been flagged as 'you didnt do enough'.

I am going in to the Jobcentre tomorrow and will report my findings back here.

Hi all, just a brief insight into my experience so far with UJM.

I was presented the relevant paperwork on a recent sign date (15/11) and signed as normal on that day.

Returning two weeks later with my completed jobsearch (29/11) to sign again, I had registered and begun using UJM on 23/11 and had applied for jobs through that service until 29/11, but the week prior to that I just applied to jobs via company websites etc.

Interestingly, yesterday i received a letter saying; 'A doubt has arisen on your claim for JSA as it appears that from 16/11 to 22/11 you may not have taken sufficient or appropriate steps to find work.'

So, it looks like I am due for a sanction as the letter does state that JSA cannot be paid until a decision is reached.

I find it very much of a coincidence that the week prior to signing up to UJM has been flagged as 'you didnt do enough'.

I am going in to the Jobcentre tomorrow and will report my findings back here.

Looks like you've been found guilty before your trial then.

[quote=David-B;4049441

I attended a local JCP today and was told that I would be sanctioned if I did not participate. I have only recently started claiming and signed twice. Also mentioned that I would have to give them access or print out all the data from the site to show them. Was also told from next year you would be expected to job hunt for 35 hours a week.

Personally I don't think there is any need for this. The direct.gov was redone under Gordon brown I'm sure and I think the current job site would go down better with a few more tweaks.

What needs looked at is the stupid job points that think the other end of the country is local:S

To answer Surfer01's question if you use the same password as your email address then any website owner can access your emails if they wanted to.

Hello David,one bit of advice make sure you apply for anything they print off their system and give it to you!. I was sanctioned for 3 months for not applying for one job a first so called offence!! They are now tightening the screw and looking for more reasons to sanction people, instead of dealing with the hardcore they are penalizing people who do want to work.