style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UJM has not been explained to the Work Programme as yet so it won't be mandatory for anyone on WP to create and actively use an account, however those not on the work program could be directed to create and use a UJM account in due course.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused here, on the universal jobmatch website where you look at a job and if you don't want to apply for it it stats this (or, select a reason why you don't wish to apply for the job) what happens if you look at it and don't apply for it if you don't have the skills and you don't select a reason, could dwp find out? I done quite a few of these jobs as I can't seem to apply as I don't have any credit on my mobile to ring and some jobs stats need own car (that's not good for me as I can't drive) if dwp find out could this cause a sanction for not selecting a reason? I am so worried, I can't even sleep at night due to the stress of this new jobsearch, I am a honest Jobseeker and I always apply for jobs but it seems this new system is unfair on real jobseekers climents.

I quite like the new site though as it keeps all the application on the history instead of writing in the jobsearch book, at the moment I applyed for 16 jobs since monday 19th, is that good or bad? also I applyed for loads more on the old jobcentre website as I written them down in my dairy but since the advicer who signed me on yesturday didn't look which is odd.

I am confused here, on the universal jobmatch website where you look at a job and if you don't want to apply for it it stats this (or, select a reason why you don't wish to apply for the job) what happens if you look at it and don't apply for it if you don't have the skills and you don't select a reason, could dwp find out? I done quite a few of these jobs as I can't seem to apply as I don't have any credit on my mobile to ring and some jobs stats need own car (that's not good for me as I can't drive) if dwp find out could this cause a sanction for not selecting a reason? I am so worried, I can't even sleep at night due to the stress of this new jobsearch, I am a honest Jobseeker and I always apply for jobs but it seems this new system is unfair on real jobseekers climents.

I quite like the new site though as it keeps all the application on the history instead of writing in the jobsearch book, at the moment I applyed for 16 jobs since monday 19th, is that good or bad? also I applyed for loads more on the old jobcentre website as I written them down in my dairy but since the advicer who signed me on yesturday didn't look which is odd.

Your worrying over nothing. If you look at a job and dont apply or dont select a reason. Nothing happens. You will not be sanctioned. If you dont have what the job spec requires then you dont have it... simple as....

You cannot be sanctioned just because you dont have a driving licence or dont have credit on your phone.

As for your JCP advisor not looking at your job search evidence, that's not odd, that's common. Truth is many of them just cant be bothered. I'm ex JCP myself and have friends still working there, believe me when I tell you many many advisor's are just not interested. They just go through the motions, as they say.

Stop worrying Gay, your getting stressed over nothing.

Nimitz

Hiya Folks

Just for those who didn't know.

The Universal Job Match is a recruitment process for companies and job seekers, it works by automatically matching job seekers CVs and skills to jobs posted online.

Its is OPTIONAL, you can still use the job search facility without creating an account.

If you do want to create an account the advantages are:

• create or upload a CV

• tailor your job search preferences to suit the jobs you are looking for

• conduct and save your own job searches

• receive ongoing job matches

• receive alerts via your email

• see how you match against the jobs placed

• refine your job search and identify any skills gaps against your preferred job roles

• view company details of jobs matched to your account

• apply for jobs online

• access to the help and support function

• keep a record of all your job search activity in one place.

The DISADVANTAGE is

• Your Jobcentre Plus adviser can access your job search activity record.

For genuine Job seekers it is a major improvement on the old system.

For those who pretend to jobsearch, UJM isn't really a problem because there are hundreds of other sites you can pretend to use. lol

There is no rule that states you must use the DWP site. JSA claimants must look for work..... where you look is up to you.

See this link for UJM questions & answers.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/universal-jobmatch-faqs.pdf

Nimitz

Hi Nimitz,

But I have heard that from next year people who are on JSA Will have to create account on UJM to recive they jobseekers, if they don't create account then they will get no JSA, Not sure if that is true or not.

Who told you that?... Iv scrutinised the DWP info. It doesn't say that.

Nimitz

it is a spiteful and unfair way of reducing the welfare bill :-x

all universal jobmatch is is a underhand tactic for jobcentres and dwp to sanction people!

I agree with you on this, but:

universal jobmatch is wrong for so many different reasons, firstly it is in breach of the data protection act and denies people the right to a private life

You can say the same for all the major portals: Google, Amazon, Yahoo, Monster, Totaljobs, they all know everything about me, they _own_ me, but unless you live in a cave you need to give in to your privacy sometimes.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I agree with you on this, but:

You can say the same for all the major portals: Google, Amazon, Yahoo, Monster, Totaljobs, they all know everything about me, they _own_ me, but unless you live in a cave you need to give in to your privacy sometimes.

fair point but the others won't get you sanctioned like universal jobmatch will and most likely for any little thing.

So, people on the Work Programme do not have to sign up for this UJM thing? I've seen conflicting information all over the web, and it's confusing the hell out of me.

I haven't been to the job centre since this UJM was introduced, only sign on once a month now. There are posters stuck up in our WP place about this, but I never really read them properly. In tomorrow, so planning on doing this then.

I went to my local job centre a few days to see my personal adviser and gave me a new jobseekers agreement which mentioned the new UJM and she put in my agreement that I had sign up before I see her next week.

Should have pointed out to her that her employer, DWP, say its optional. Wonder what she would have said....!

At the moment my cv is public on my ujm account but if I wanted to could I make my cv private? and what happens if I decided to make it private? could Jobcentre sanction my jsa? just need some advice regarding this before I do it as I read on another forum (not this website) that this guy/girl signed up and made they cv public however a few days ago a unknown employer rang jobcentre to state that they didn't come for a interview however the employer lied as the guy/girl didn't recive a interview date so the jobseeker person got sanctioned

So people on here who made a cv public I am just warning you of this and I am thinking of making my cv private just in case this happens to me in the future.

I sign on tomorrow, and although I have an account it's been barely usable. on the flip side, I'm lucky enough to have a very decent personal advisor who I'm in regular email contact with, so she's knows i've had problems. today's issue was an almost permanent 503 error, but I know the jcp staff were having the same problem. still no apply button, though - even on new vacancies.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

i've heard all the stress of the benefit reforms is starting to take it's toll on IDS :lol:

I hope he is seriously ill because of the stress, no amount of lip service & window dressing can get round that this is an attack on the most vulnerable in society.You don`t set up a system of " help" with the assumption that all are guilty & punish those who fall foul of deliberate traps & take pleasure in that fact unless you have a very low opinion of your fellow man.

I hope he is seriously ill because of the stress, no amount of lip service & window dressing can get round that this is an attack on the most vulnerable in society.You don`t set up a system of " help" with the assumption that all are guilty & punish those who fall foul of deliberate traps & take pleasure in that fact unless you have a very low opinion of your fellow man.

i have a very low opnion of IDS, infact i think he is ****!

If you can untick the button it means you are allowed to do it. Simples!

I've found another bug in UB. I am not sure if it has been mentioned, but you can't upload cv's in PDF format. Bugger!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Devastated, I saw a different advisor today and she didn't even look at my blimmin' paper record, never mind my ujm account! I drove myself crackers trying to get the Damn thing to Work...it's not so much a user interface as my arch nemisis, but she just looked mildly perplexed that i'd even managed to log in!

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I was surprised by the lack of interest in UJM by my advisor, she just said keep filling in the booklet , " we don`t even know how it works yet" . One thing though ... i did express concerns over data protection & privacy of the UJM , she was very sweet & said if you have concerns about who can see your details then i don`t think you should allow anyone access to your CV . She is very happy for me to continue writing down my job searches as proof.

UJM is extremely slow still the number of people moaning is unbelievable, staff, employers and especially customers! All we are allowed to say is please bear with it as it's a new system and everyone is still trying to get used to it.

Personally I haven't even attempted to access it and have no wish to do sountil I absolutely have to, if it's a negative attitude to have then sorry but give me a system that actually works and then I can do my job properly