style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is mandatory yet as the system hasn't rolled out but I would say that bu next year all new claim will have to sign up by tyeir duagnostic appointment or they will receive a direction to do it and then existing claims will be required to sign up by an agreed date again if it isn't done by that date then a direction will be issued so yes it will become mandatory as part of the conditions for claim JSA.

The Jobseekers Agreement has been revised to include the new Universal Jobmatch from this month so the Job Seekers Agreement that is updated will include the Universal Jobmatch.

will it be mandatory to sign up from monday?

I guess if you are on Work Programme they must let you use their computers or probably the jobcenters would have to convert their useless jobpoints into proper machines that connect to one website only. I am not against it but I'm sure the implementation will be horrible and genuine people will be forced from the dole to the street. Welcome to the future!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Well I have the internet and there is no way I am taking broadband of as I need it for my jobsearch so if this is mandatory then I am safe lol, even though I am on jobseekers I can afford bt broadband and phone as I don't spend my money on drugs, beer or fags as I don't smoke!

But the worrying situation is what if people who are on Jobseekers and this is mandatory and what if they have no internet? and who can't afford to go to internet coffee's? or even library? if they don't do this could they be sanctioned?

Well I have the internet and there is no way I am taking broadband of as I need it for my jobsearch so if this is mandatory then I am safe lol, even though I am on jobseekers I can afford bt broadband and phone as I don't spend my money on drugs, beer or fags as I don't smoke!

How is that last relevant? Many on benefits can't afford internet and don't spend their money on alcohol or drugs.

I believe it's assumed that everyone either owns a computer or has access to one. However, no-one seems to be saying anything much either way. The draft regs for UC contained stuff about 35 hrs jobsearch a week but I believe didn't specify how that was to be enforced. We'll all have to wait and see. This is fantasy from IDS, he's declaring what he wants to be done but isn't saying how it should or could ever be implemented. The man's not well and there's no way he can justify what he does. He lies continually in the media and has twice refused to appear before a parliamentary committee to be questioned about the implementation of UC. I suspect that's because he hasn't got a clue how it's supposed to work himself. I doubt any of this nonsense will work in practice. I expect the country to go up in flames next year when they try to bring these fantasy laws in. I expect to see IDS have an obvious psychiatric collapse in the public eye. Interesting times indeed. Living through them will take some doing.

"Shut that door"

"What a gay day!"

"Look at the muck on 'ere!"

Slack Alice

Apricot Lil

Pop-It-In-Pete, the postman ("The things I've had through my letterbox!")

Self-Raising Fred

Everard Farquharson

And last but not least, Top-it-Up Ted

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Sounds like the whole point of this is to give people impossible tasks to do so as to kick them off benefits when they can't do them. No doubt it will crash and burn when like every government IT project ever the entire system is proven to be impractical. Not been tested on the JC offices then, eh? My my... anyway, what's their justification for the hours in front of it? Surely, if it's automated, then once you program it with your CV it should send you alerts when it finds compatible work. Why are claimants being asked to sit in front of it? How can they do that if they've got pay as you go phone web access? What if there's no internet where you live, not even in the library if there's one left after the cuts? Why aren't Labour screaming about this? I can't see how they can begin to justify forcing this system on people when clearly it's not accessible to many, many claimants. If they did it properly it could be useful assuming non-IT-literate employers can put jobs on it easily. Aspects could indeed be useful but not the way they're doing it.

Exactly what I thought when I read the first post.

They will introduce anything that makes it easier to suspend your benefit, no matter how stupid it is.

Kicking people off benefit and part time work is the main reason unemployment is coming down.

But the worrying situation is what if people who are on Jobseekers and this is mandatory and what if they have no internet? and who can't afford to go to internet coffee's? or even library? if they don't do this could they be sanctioned?

Be interesting to see if the Library staff would let you stay in the Library for 35 hours?

Well, they won't. my local library books computers in 20 minute slots up to a maximum of an hour. I don't think this is merely unfair to claimants, it's unfair to the staff in the jcp. all the staff in the one I attend are very sensible, reasonable people and I doubt very much they want to put people into poverty for not completing impossible tasks. they're going to get so much grief over this!

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Exactly what I thought when I read the first post.

They will introduce anything that makes it easier to suspend your benefit, no matter how stupid it is.

Kicking people off benefit and part time work is the main reason unemployment is coming down.

it's a shames theres not a simular system for stopping MP's expenses, they have the cheek to call people on benefits scroungers but they are biggest scroungers going!!

That is an excellent place to visit. I've just spent the last couple of hours reading numerous threads that branched off in all directions.

If only a fraction of whats being talked about is true, its going to be a very frightening country to live in, if you don't have a job.

just been on the directgov website (job seekers search page) and got an error message saying that this service is no longer available and took me straight to the universal job match page. . They ask to set up an account and says that your details that you enter will not be sent to any third parties.

just been on the directgov website (job seekers search page) and got an error message saying that this service is no longer available and took me straight to the universal job match page. . They ask to set up an account and says that your details that you enter will not be sent to any third parties.

i've also been on the universal jobmatch site and atm it looks like you can search and apply for jobs without signing up as it gives instructions on applying, wheather that will change or not remains to be seen :???:

Anyone else really like the new job search?

I signed up on sunday night and loaded my cv on my account, so far I applyed for 3 jobs as there is not a lot of new jobs at the moment as its really quite :shock:

Not heard anything as of yet about the 3 jobs and I also requested feedback from them. can the staff at Jobcentre log in my account and check on the jobs I applyed and what if they see I haven't applyed for enough jobs? could they sanction my jsa? its really hard applying for jobs when they isn't any!

Anyone else really like the new job search?

I signed up on sunday night and loaded my cv on my account, so far I applyed for 3 jobs as there is not a lot of new jobs at the moment as its really quite :shock:

Not heard anything as of yet about the 3 jobs and I also requested feedback from them. can the staff at Jobcentre log in my account and check on the jobs I applyed and what if they see I haven't applied for enough jobs? could they sanction my jsa? its really hard applying for jobs when they isn't any!

There is nothing to stop you from using Universal JobMatch as a Job Search Facility, applying for specific jobs, and developing a paper based record of both these jobs and others which you specifically apply for. However, if you are on Welfare To Work, and the Work Programme, if you use the UJ Database, DWP can distribute your Personal Data to any party, and do not need to seek your authorisation or approval to do so.

Of course, when you create an account on UJ, you can tick a box to give DWP authorisation to access the account (including Job Search Activity, Feedback and Notes), but even if you do not tick the box, DWP may still access the information. Read the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notes for clarification.

Here is todays (20/11/12) experience of using universal jobmatch. As it didn't seem to work yesterday (using chrome and IE) at home I tried to use it from the work programme providers offices.

First I registered and recieved and printed off my ID, but once that was done it would not recognise me! It was not a password problem, as I use the same for all employment related stuff.

So I job searched without logging in: search "Factory Worker" in "Ealing" and it gave me two jobs to apply for (more than the old DWP site ever did). First one the apply button does not work (in either the work programme office, home, or library - job ref no EAL/52248 if you want to try it). Second one (ref no SLL/6348) the apply button is not there at all!!!

I wonder how all of this is going affect my JSA? Am I registered but not seen to be doing jobsearch as I cannot log in, due to no fault of my own?