• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone well looks like im not the only person who got a visit from a rosendales baliff today but what happened with us was wen had moved in june n owed money from the previous year so had 3 bills i rang council after getting a letter from rosendales and the lady i spoke to said there were 2 outstanding i was sent forms set up standing orders for weekly payments i done this on 24/08/2012 and on de same day recieved another letter from rosendales just pressumed it was for 1 of the 2 i had sorted wasnt actually aware there was 3 till today wen i got an unwelcome knock my 2 year old ran out in front of me and opened the door so i gad no choice but to talk he anded me a piece of paper with my partners name on it sayin 24hrs notice before returning for £1004.31 or goods to that amount if i had that sort of money laying around i obviously wouldnt be owing on my council tax ha my partner rang him n told him we were paying it by the week baliff said he would ring council to find out rang back and thats when we found out there actually was another bill we wern't aware of n said to my partner ill be back tomorrow for money or goods and hung up im now panicking as ive got a 2yo and 9mnt old n not working i rang the council they said if its not paid tomorrow it eventually comes back to them but she doesnt know how long that takes do i just take the kids out for the day tomorrow n hope he doesnt knock when i get back or can he keep calling everyday i really dont know what to do about this n dont want to be telling a 2 yo to be quiet and hid everytime someone knocks :sad:any advice would be greatly appreciated

Bailiffs rely on fear and intimidation

if the bailiff returns you do not have to answer the door to him he cannot break in kidnap the dog and take the cat

he has no right of entry he cannot break in keep doors and windows secure (its too cold to have them open anyway!)

deny him a levy hide car away anything of value in garden hide away

making payments direct to the council is the way forwards as you do not have to pay the bailiffs

eventually bailiffs will hand the case back to the council if you don't play ball with them

get on to council and find out how many liability orders they have

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Thank you i hate baliffs, can he go into the garden shed the lawnmower n lil lads bike and some toys are in there or can he not touch until ive agreed with it?? if i go onto the council website now and make a payment would that go in my favour the council has said we owe less than 600 but baliffs has it at jus over 1000 its so frustrating:mad2:

do not agree with anything the bailiffs come out with do not let them have any levy

they do NOT need to come into your house at all not to use the toilet or any excuse he may come out with

Bailiffs like to charge made up fees they should be with no levy £24.50 first visit £18.00 second visit nothing more without a levy

bypass the bailiffs

sounds like a formal complaint to council needed if council and bailiffs have such different ammounts

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Think ill head for the council office first thing in the morning to complain before hes due to call n visit some friends for the rest of the day at least that way i cant fall for any of the bull he comes out with thanks a million i dont fell as worried now ive had youre advice :-D

Find out exactly what you owe as confirmed by the Council. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As he appears to be charging so much you also need to know what his fees are. here's an example of what to send, use & adapt at will. Send initially by email followed by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well my council were not very helpfull but ive jus read this article below on thisismoney.co.uk can anyone tell me if the last line is true???

Should I let them in?

You do not have to let a bailiff into your home and (apart from special circumstances involving the Inland Revenue) and they cannot force their way in. They can only use 'peaceable means' to gain entry, such as through an unlocked door or an open window, so watch out for tricks such asking to discuss the matter indoors.

Once a bailiff has gained entry into the property, they have the right to entry if they need to visit again and also to forcibly open locked doors or cupboards. If a bailiff visits when person under the age of 18 is alone in the property they must leave. They cannot enter if a child under the age of 12 is in the house, regardless of whether an adult is present.

Aww thats such a pity would of made this alot less stressful if it was true it would of made my day to gave been able to stand at my door with the 2 lil ones n tell him to go away:lol: Thanks for the quick replies its much appreciated:-D

Councils are very rarely helpful when it comes to bailiffs, as far as they are concerned bailiffs know everything and are never wrong. So will, most of the time, believe what the bailiff says and very rarely help you out or state they wont help you because it is in the hands of the bailiff.

Ask the council how much they do know and see them squirm.

Hi ploddertom well the woman i spoke to couldnt figure out what was goin on when she put in the account details so sat there for 20 mins clicking a pen dont get me wrong she was nice and tryed to help i found counciltax bill 2012/2013 i have 3 in total first says im on benifits(im not) so no payment needed second i owe 173 and third is up to date one for new house we moved here in june LO is for 2011 she did tell me this was sent to rosendales in 2011 and ive noticed on paper given by bailiff its dated 10/08/2011 am not sure why we only start getting them a year later i asked her the list of question e.g how many LO's etc... looked at me blankly i said about the fee's which are almost 400 she said oh they have there own fee's i really think she knew the answers but felt she couldnt say incase it went against her.

I agree seanamarts think ill have to gain some more knowledge on this over the weekend and go back on monday i felt fobbed off in a way. I did say i wasnt refusing to pay my council tax i was refusing to pay it through a bailiff i also asked if i was to pay the arrears online what would happen she said they would be cleared but the bailiff wouldnt know tis so i would advise against it so i dont know what to do now!!

From what you have posted regarding the council yesterday triskit, it would appear they have messed up your account completely. you can pay directly into the council using their online sysyem, and i would offer payment at the counter, if they refuse get the apparatchik on 5the counter to sign a refusal, as that will help with any Formal Complaint later. keep dossendales out ant keep any motor out of their sight and they are relatively powerless. you certainly don't have to let a bailiff in no matter what he threatens. I would follow what ploddertom has advised regarding the Acme letter to rossers and the request for information to the council in writing. Once the figures are back, Caggers can help further.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I think you must consider involving your local Councillor(s) over this as they can intervene at the highest level within the Council. I would be very surprised if the Council do not advise their Bailiffs of any payments made as in most cases this is updated on a weekly basis - the Council should have access to your account via Rossendales system anyway. Another way of trying to sort this is to submit a Subject Access Request on the Council but this does give them 40 days in which to reply & my other argument would be why should you have to pay if they have messed it up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had a reply from my Council, after 3 requests asking my Local Councillor to reply to my email and to contact me, saying that my Councillor does not deal with individual cases!

I think you must consider involving your local Councillor(s) over this as they can intervene at the highest level within the Council. I would be very surprised if the Council do not advise their Bailiffs of any payments made as in most cases this is updated on a weekly basis - the Council should have access to your account via Rossendales system anyway. Another way of trying to sort this is to submit a Subject Access Request on the Council but this does give them 40 days in which to reply & my other argument would be why should you have to pay if they have messed it up.

From looking at the council tax bills ive come to the conclusion the amount owing is from april "11 to maybe november "11 i dont dispute this as there was alot going on at that time i more than likely did forget about it but as i said when i set up the standing orders i thought it was all sorted foolish mistake on my part as this was the first time dealing with bailiffs there one sheet of paper doesnt give much info i speed read most of my post with 2 kids under 3 i dont have the time to sit and scoure for info i just read council tax arrears and rang the council straight away only they said 2 amounts on the first call which are now almost finished and didnt mention rosendales i do take blame for this as i should of mentioned the rosendale letters when i rang the council.

I have checked my bill again

Date of issue:14 march 2012

charge for period 01 april 12- 31 march 13 £1038.57

Benifit 01 april 12-31 march 13 -£1038.57

for infomation only. no payment is required in respect of current year

as at 23 feb 12 your 2011/12 council tax account balance is £569.52 subject to court proceedings

We did claim income support from dec11 to feb 12 as my partner lost his job and i was pregnant but baby was born 5 feb and he gad new job by middle of feb

next bill is dated 09 june 2012

balance brought forward £569.52

charge for period 01 april 12 -31 march 12 £173.57

Benifit 05 march 12 -31 march12 76.29

645.81 of total is subject to court proceedings

Last bill is dated same as above but for new property and all seems fine on that one.

I know benifits work in arrears so i can only think that if we stopped in feb it wouldnt of taken affect on there system till march the 2 different totals subject to court proceedings £569.52 +£645.81 are the same period of charges just with added court fees i pressume not 2 seperate bills i 100% didnt recieve a letter from rosendales till august 12 but if i -£645.81 from bailiffs made up amount of £1004.31 they have added on fees of £358.50 yet they said they dropped off 4 letters in total i can only find 1 plus the one handed to me on wednesday can they even charge that much without ever being in the house or even speaking to someone. I read there agreement with the coucil found a file online and it does state that cases are discussed regularly so therefore the bailiff would know i have been paying and also the fees are 24.50 first visit 18.00 second but that obviously isnt the case.

Sorry for goin on and on its just so annoying all your replies are greatly appreciated my lessons learnt are never take a bailiffs word as the truth and stop speed reading the post it gets you in trouble ha

I had a reply from my Council, after 3 requests asking my Local Councillor to reply to my email and to contact me, saying that my Councillor does not deal with individual cases!

I would suggest your Councillor is not fit for the job and complaint should be made to his "boss" - Leader of the Council or opposite number dependent on the political persuasion within the Council.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Originally you could have complained to the Standards Board but this was scrapped when the Localism Act came into being. Each Council should publish a Code of Conduct for their Councillors and while this in the main may deal with Register of Interest I believe what you have is neglect of duty. If he doesn't want to deal with constituents then this should be reported and would make a good story in the press.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds better and better!

Originally you could have complained to the Standards Board but this was scrapped when the Localism Act came into being. Each Council should publish a Code of Conduct for their Councillors and while this in the main may deal with Register of Interest I believe what you have is neglect of duty. If he doesn't want to deal with constituents then this should be reported and would make a good story in the press.

Also forward the reply to your MP, as that is what local councillors are for they are there to deal with complaints and issues for electors in their wards. has the muppet that replied saying that councillors do not deal with individuals been on a Common Purpose act beyond authority course? As a local community councillor myself i am disgusted with this, and complaints as per ploddertom, and as I suggested MP also.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!