Speed Awareness Course - missed booking date

EAHG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was offered a sac for 38 in a 30 (going uphill outside a cemetary at 1.00am - suspect a policman would have been more accomodating but hey ho the camera got me!)

I tried to book the course on line but there were none available so I spoke to the AA, they applied for an extention and told me to try the next day - which I did and was still unable to book.

Completely my fault but I then got caught up in other things forgot to ring them for a fortnight, tried today and they say that they can't now book me on and I will just be fined and get points.

Anyone know anything about it and if there is any chance of rebooking owing to technical difficulties??

Thanks

I didn't get 4 months?

I got the leter on 10th September, dated 4th. It gave me til 18th Sep to book. I tried to book but there were no courses available so I called the number. They said that I hadn't been given enough time and tey would get the police to extend, to try and rebook later - i tried the next day still nothing.

Admittedly I did then forgot for about a week but have tried to book online and call since but to no avail.

You have 4 months from the date of the offence to book the course, so how did you miss it??

From Sussex plod

Time constraints :-

• The offender must reply to the Sussex Police offer within 14 days.
  • Once the Course Provider sends an offer letter, the offender must reply within 21 days.
  • If no response is received, the matter reverts back to the Police for further disposal
  • A course can only be offered if it can be taken up and completed within four and half months from the date of the offence

I did one earlier this year and i had to do it within 4 months of the offence

Ahhhh.... i think i see what ive misunderstood! You have 21 days to respond, but you have to do the course within 4 months of the offence....:smile: