• Tweets

• If your driving licence had your old address on I assume you never updated the address on your V5C?  It's the Registered Keeper address on the V5C that is normally used for parking notices.  The police officer may have told you that two notices would be sent out, one to each address, but personally, I would never rely on that.  The V5C address of the registered keeper is the address that is important, and must be kept up to date.  (Failure to do so is an offence in itself).   Did you get your mail re-directed by Royal Mail from your old address to the new one?   If you've only just found out about the conviction, I believe you can swear a "Statutory Declaration" and the effect of this will be to re-set the whole process, allowing you to pay just the original fine.  I think you have 21 days to do this from the date of finding out about the conviction.  You can arrange to do this at court or at a solictor's or notary's office.  They will charge a fee.   Others here know more than me about the process.   (PS - just a thought, it is your car and you are the registered keeper?  Not a lease or company car?)   [EDIT: mis-read the original post, I see you had changed your DL address but you had your old DL with you(?).   Had you changed the V5C address too?  Check the physical bit of paper to make sure.]
    • Okay. The first thing you have to realise is that the insurer is in conflict with you in suffer as your interests are concerned. They want to save money and rip you off. You want to get properly compensated for all of your losses. He say the value of the car is approximately £4000. Is this the value that you have given it? Is this the value the insurer has given it? You need to be doing some proper research to find out the cost of a replacement vehicle. The purchase price to you – not a trade price. You can be certain that Admiral will attempt to fob you off with some kind of trade price. How have they informed you that it is a write off? You must take control of this and the first thing you should do is that you should write to them and asked them for the basis of their write off assessment and copies of any evaluations of the damage and assessments of repair costs. At the very least you must make them realise that you won't simply be accepting what they say. Secondly, if you say that you have been injured then have you been to the doctor? If not, then why not? You should have gone to the doctor immediately and get a proper examination with a view eventually to getting a report. If you haven't been to a doctor then do it now. I don't understand that the insurer is only providing you £100 to cover injury. This seems to be a very unlikely situation. Is it not possible that you have misinterpreted the situation and that the hundred pounds is intended to cover immediate expenses of some sort?
    • They will be unlikely to take you to court, they're simply yanking your chain because you keep writing to them. They know you're scared.   As above send them a CCA request, if you're going to send them anything at least make it a legal request for a document.   Otherwise simply ignore them, unless you're confident then keep baiting them.   And the likelihood of these clowns obtaining a CCJ is even more remote, especially as you're already paying them.
    • Don't lose the email!   Did it mention overtime?   Are you happy with the job otherwise?  As Bankfodder says you may not want to rock the boat until you've been employed for two years and you get better employment rights.
    • Depending what was in the email - that could be your offer of employment. 
  • Our picks

manxie

Opus was Citi sold to 1st Credit - Now a default

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 805 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

You have now stopped paying them haven't you?

No I have not. Should I?

Thanks

I would suspect the original default was around the time you start reduced payments.?

that CCA from april 13 was simply T&C's wasn't

without an enforceable CCA I'd stop paying

you should have done that months ago.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

No I have not. Should I?

Thanks

Yes definitely....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I would suspect the original default was around the time you start reduced payments.?

that CCA from april 13 was simply T&C's wasn't

without an enforceable CCA I'd stop paying

you should have done that months ago.

dx

Thanks for your reply.

Can 1st Crud enter another default on my cra files if I do stop paying?

No an account cannot be defaulted twice

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I have now heard back from all three CRA's and 1st Crud.

CRAs says they have contacted 1st Crud to make the amendment if correct. 1st Crud say they have written to Opus for the necessary paperwork. Well as Opus/1st Crud didn't supply the correct paperwork first time I asked, I can foresee the same happening this time. Should I complain to the ICO or some other body please?

Thanks

I have now heard back from all three CRA's and 1st Crud.

CRAs says they have contacted 1st Crud to make the amendment if correct. ...... Should I complain to the ICO or some other body please?

Thanks

see what they come back with first re any corrections? take it from there

IMO

:-):rant:

see what they come back with first re any corrections? take it from there

Thank you for your advice. I will wait for the reply.

Thank you for your advice. I will wait for the reply.

if they dont get back to you fairly soonish, post back, see what to do.

IMO

:-):rant:

I have now had a reply from 1st Crud which I have attached to this post. Thanks in advance!

you'll need to pdf it

pop both redacted pics into a single word doc and upload

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

What a waste of paper!

Their idiocy knows no bounds does it?

Aside from the grammatical errors even a five year old could point out, who the hell in their right minds

would think that a CCA request refers to them and not the actual copy of the agreement they are chasing??

Fail on every point, I reckon one of the cleaners must've sent you that, or the speak & spell is on it's last legs?

IMO nothing for you to do, sit on your hands, they have nothing in order to chase you through the courts.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

the original credit defaulted the account when they sold it

nothing to do with 1st credit

your issue is you continued to pay 1st credit when told years ago to stop.

now they are laughing at you

hope you've stopped paying now..

dx

Thanks for your input.. Yes I have stopped paying them.

What a waste of paper!

Their idiocy knows no bounds does it?

Aside from the grammatical errors even a five year old could point out, who the hell in their right minds

would think that a CCA request refers to them and not the actual copy of the agreement they are chasing??

Fail on every point, I reckon one of the cleaners must've sent you that, or the speak & spell is on it's last legs?

IMO nothing for you to do, sit on your hands, they have nothing in order to chase you through the courts.

Thanks for your reply. I have stopped paying them and I will do nothing more

Just by way of an update.

I have received from 1st Crud what they say is a proper copy of my original agreement with BMi.

Whether or not it is who knows.

In the letter they say that they are still waiting for a copy of the default and as such my account remains on hold.

File 13 until, and IF, they can ever magic one up.

What was it a bmi baby one?

If so they ll never get the right t&c's

Can you scan up what they've sent?

Just by way of an update.

I have received from 1st Crud what they say is a proper copy of my original agreement with BMi.

Whether or not it is who knows.

In the letter they say that they are still waiting for a copy of the default and as such my account remains on hold.

yes please post it up, if I remember correctly last time they sent you t&cs for an Audi Card an claimed it to be a true copy

of a bmi baby card:lol:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Dear all,

after nearly twelve months of nothing from the Ist Credit (apart from an annual statement)

today I received another default notice from Opus.

The content of the letter I find quite amazing. Both docs attached. Any ideas/help much appreciated.

Opissmall 2.pdf

opussamall 1.pdf

as stated earlier

they cant default you twice.

as long as the original default date is not changed

they can willy wave all they like

Thanks for the reply..I remember you saying that before but the old date for the default is better than a new one. Also I find once they enter information on my credit file I cannot ever get is corrected

yes you can get it corrected.

without me looking back

did you ever send CITI or OPUS an sar to get all the statements and the account/ comms log?

this will tell you exactly when they first defaulted the loan [or should have done]

that way if they do [enter a new default] change the date you complain to the ICO.

Thanks dx. I don't think so,

just a cca request.