Claire Marshall

ESA Benefit Medical - Worried and Scared!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2511 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am currently on long term incapacity benefit.

I suffer from severe depression, sinus tachycardia, under active thyroid, and polysystic ovary syndrome.

I am currently waiting an outpatient appointment for adult mental health services as my gp is worried about my mental health at the moment and this medical is the last thing I need right now.

I received back in September the WCA questionnaire to fill in as they are wanting me to migrate onto ESA.

I filled the form in with the help of the CAB giving them everything they wanted to know about my health etc etc.

They failed to contact my GP for a medical report and I am very very angry that I am being called in for the dreaded assessment which is tomorrow!!

I am concerned because my partner works full time and after tax etc he only takes home £18k a year; bearing in mind he pays the mortgage, and all the other bills, he could not afford to pay for me as well!

I fear that if I loose my income I would not cope and as we are not married I fail to see why he should support me.

If I fail the WCA, can anyone please tell me how to make an appeal, as I don't know what to do and am at my wits end!!

Thanks xx

:sad:

Hello there and welcome to CAG. :)

Please try to take this one step at a time and not worry yourself sick about it. Plenty of us have been where you are and we'll help you.

I'll post you a link to the sticky about how to answer the questions tomorrow and another one about appeals in case you need it later.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Claire,

I found the sticky really helpful and done my descriptors letter from the template. I have waited 6 months for appeal and its happening tomorrow. You have time to get all your paperwork and evidence together.