sirbob10

How can they say washing machine not essential

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2555 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I purchased a washing machine from Curry's in May 2008.

All fine until last year when door seal went. Repaired as I have a Whatever Happens policy. Last year 2 main boards replaced within 3 months and then on Friday it stops turning.

My policy states if I call on a Friday they will come out on a Tuesday but they said not possible and they came today. Guy/engineer says it may need a new motor and he orders new part and it should be available next week.

I call as I'm not happy. Family of 5 and no machine. They say they have 21 days to repair as they don't class it as essential. They are also supposed to call a few days before to try and diagnose so they can have parts ready but they didn't even do that.

I could scream. I'm now doing a 60 mile round trip to my parents to get washing done.

The policy is fine as long as the machine is still usable while waiting for parts but totally crap if it breaks and can't be used.

I would advise people not to bother with a policy and just save the money so when it breaks you can just purchase a new one.

What I want to know is how many times are they allowed to repair before replacing cause this is its 4th repair and I'm fed up.

If the machine is repairable they will continue to repair no matter how many times it breaks down, they dont really like to replace,prefer to repair where possible.

BUT if it is non repairable say by the bolts being ripped out (the ones that hold the drum) it will get replaced had that happen to me 3 times and everytime my machine was replaced no problem x

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Sirbob10,

Thank you for your recent post and I apologise for the delay in this response.

It is concerning that you have had this experience with the machine and I must inform you that we would always look to repair the item until it is deemed beyond economical repair or the repair is not completed within the service level agreement on your policy. If either of these triggers are breached then we will consider a write off on your unit. I must apologise for the comments that have been relayed about the product not being an essential item as this product understandably is but it does not change our position on whether we will write off before the SLA has been breached. My sincerest apologies are presented and if there is any further support required then please feel free to contact us on 08445611234.

Kind regards

The KNOWHOW Team

Hi Paul, just an update on machine.

I called Friday 9th November as my washing machine was not working. My policy states that if I call a Friday you will come out on a Tuesday. Well that was a lie. I had to wait until Wednesday 14th for an engineer.

I was told I would be called a few days before so the engineer could try and diagnose the problem so that if parts were needed they could be ordered. Another lie. No call received.

The engineer arrives and says it needs a new motor but of course one has to be ordered. He leaves but them telephones us to say the part has been ordered and it should be here beginning of this week. Once again another lie.

I call 20th November to get an update. 29 mins on hold then I get cut off. I call again only to be told part not in stock and no date for when it will be available. So why the hell did the engineer call to say it had been ordered and it would arrive beginning of this week.

11 days and still no machine. 4 x 50 mile round trips to my parents to do my washing and guess what - Knowhow couldn't give a dam. At the moment I have 1 Apple Ipad, 1 Ipad mini, 1 Apple iMac, 1 Acer laptop, 1 HP laptop, 1 freezer, 1 television and my washing machine insured with Knowhow and all of them are going to be cancelled due what can only be described as a poor service.