Aktiv kapital (stute barred) letter saying struggling to read public insolvency register - help please!

Honeypot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone

Please can somenone advise, perhaps from a legal point of view, on this weird letter I had today from Aktiv Kapital.

They are chasing a debt from 1997-1998. No CCJ obtained, No contact made, No payment made so Staute Barred.

They have used various DCA's over the years to try collect on it despite being SB.

I just send the SB letter and then wait another year until they try their luck again.

Now in Jan 2012 I went bankrupt.

All straight forward.

In fact the court said I didn't need to include any Time Barred debts on the petition.

received a letter this morning from Aktiv Capital saying-

" We have reason to believe that you are subject to Insolvency Proceedings, however we are struggling to read the public Insolvency Register despite our best efforts.

Please ring us to discuss or send to us in the post details of your current affairs....etc...blah...blah.

It took me 20 seconds to log on to the insolvency website and view my BR details which is public info.

Is this a wind up?

First question- should I send yet another SB letter or a copy of my BR order or can I bin this letter and forget???

Second question - Can I ring them and tell them to go away or will this reset the clock on the debt and then I'll be liable even though I am bankrupt?

Thanks

Honeypot

Hello there,

The insolvency register is in a very easy web format, I wonder what computers they are using?

Nothing can reset the clock, and even so the debt would have been written-off by the bankruptcy - regardless of it was listed on the petition.

So can you call them? Up to you! What they cannot do is pretty much ANYTHING!

Send them a copy of your Bankruptcy Order and let them deal with it as they see fit. They should never bother you again and to do so would be harassment, whereas they could have continued to write and pursue payment of an SB debt, even if they wouldn't have had the option of taking you to court for it.

I personally would not even ring them, send them a letter clearly stating that enclosed is a copy of your Bankruptcy Certificate and any contact from now on should be directed towards your Official Receiver.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I personally would not even ring them, send them a letter clearly stating that enclosed is a copy of your Bankruptcy Certificate and any contact from now on should be directed towards your Official Receiver.

Stigman

I've sent them a letter with copy of BR order in.

Can I just check that even though I didn't list debt on BR petition it still covers it?

Thanks

Can I just check that even though I didn't list debt on BR petition it still covers it?

As stated by Sequenci above, as long as the debt was taken out prior to your Bankruptcy, your fine.

This is why your Bankruptcy is listed on the Insolvency Service website and also in the London Gazette for the very reason in-case you missed, forgot or did not include the debt because of Statute Barred status.

Stigman

• Confused 1

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Responding to your PM Honey

Subbing to thread but I see you are in excellent hands here just follow their advice.

Regards

Andy

" however we are struggling to read the public Insolvency Register despite our best efforts.Please ring us to discuss or send to us in the post details of your current affair ":loco:

Pure Magic !!!!!!!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Responding to your PM Honey

Subbing to thread but I see you are in excellent hands here just follow their advice.

Regards

Andy

" however we are struggling to read the public Insolvency Register despite our best efforts.Please ring us to discuss or send to us in the post details of your current affair ":loco:

Pure Magic !!!!!!!

Yup.

I'd be tempted to reply along the lines of:

"I do no acknowledge any debt to you or any company you claim to represent.

You have my commiserations that your staff are struggling to read the Insolvency Register.

If this is part of a general inability to read by your staff, your firm is not alone in facing this, as the article below shows, and then perhaps one of the few who can read could tutor the others :

http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/szh7MRtpHWOZ_ev4Q2pP53Q/view.m?id=15&gid=education/2011/sep/21/adult-illiteracy-westfield&cat=education

If the issue lies in a lack of IT skills by your staff (since I found the relevant entry on the register on the Internet within a few seconds), then there is an alternative solution.

I can suggest a number of agencies who can supply my services as a contractor, and (for an exorbitant fee, given this relates to the "debt collection industry") I will read the Register for your staff.

If you are looking for a cheaper solution:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1118096142?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

"

The fun is in imagining the look on their faces .....