Sigma SPV1 Ltd court claim form for M & S store/credit card***Discontinued**

cleo4patra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Cleo!

I think sometimes it is best to stand back and let them thrash themselves to death.

Log all Calls, File all letters and await the Court Claim.

Often, that is all you can do. Getting bogged down in a game of letter writing ping pong just frustrates, goes nowhere, and may even do you a disservice if any of the letters you do write provide them with some ammunition they can use against you.

Best advice I can give is to draft all letters with a Judge in mind, and keep them infrequent, short, sharp, polite and clinical.

Gather Harassment evidence as this plods along, and wait for them to blink first.

Read all of the BOS (bank)/BOS (DCA) Threads, and help anyone else out in a similar position. Gradually you'll fully see how they operate, and if/when it goes further, you will be ready for them.

Sorry this is not an answer, but the key is to take charge of them, do not let them call the shots. You only have one life, so live it! Don't let these idiots take up any more of your time and patience than absolutely necessary.

Cheers,

BRW

Hi Cleo,

Please confirm the following:

PREFERENCE ACCOUNT

28th November - You received a DN dated 10th November with a remedy date of 24th.

You then received a Termination Notice dated 21st November 2008.

First of all, the DN is invalid as it hasnt allowed you a clear 14 days to remedy. The account has then been Terminated 3 days BEFORE the remedy date.

They are now saying that they have NOT terminated the account - Yes ?

MASTERCARD ACCOUNT

19th December you received DN dated 12th December with a remedy date of 26th December. Again no clear 14 days so invalid.

I cant see on what date this particular account was Terminated can you confirm that it was and when ?:D

I have copied over BRW's earlier post because I think it is relevant. You might need to step back a bit from this and stop worrying what they MAY do. :D This company are well practiced in threats and at the moment they are tying themselves in knots.

I have a bit more reading to catch up with because you have posted on another thread.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cleo,

Please confirm the following:

PREFERENCE ACCOUNT

28th November - You received a DN dated 10th November with a remedy date of 24th.

You then received a Termination Notice dated 21st November 2008.

First of all, the DN is invalid as it hasnt allowed you a clear 14 days to remedy. The account has then been Terminated 3 days BEFORE the remedy date.

They are now saying that they have NOT terminated the account - Yes ?

MASTERCARD ACCOUNT

19th December you received DN dated 12th December with a remedy date of 26th December. Again no clear 14 days so invalid.

I cant see on what date this particular account was Terminated can you confirm that it was and when ?:D

I have copied over BRW's earlier post because I think it is relevant. You might need to step back a bit from this and stop worrying what they MAY do. :D This company are well practiced in threats and at the moment they are tying themselves in knots.

I have a bit more reading to catch up with because you have posted on another thread.

Hi - MASTERCARD - correct - they BOTH arrived on 28th November in SAME post

PREFERENCE - correct - termination letter was dated 31st December so will have recieved early January 2009

Have reams of other correspondence basically saying they have fulfilled their obligations etc etc .

However both have agreed not to visit my home after sending them a "doorstep call" letter. They say accounts have not been terminated and are processing as normal with interest and charges.

Edited by cleo4patra
needed to add something

hiya cleo and all

hope you are still in fighting mode

so im guessing you are still getting the usual statements with interest and charges even though they have terminated you, and they dont believe their own letters ref termination!

so how does it go from here if the statements are still being produced, and the credit files being updated with non payments, is this for show only that the account is still "live"?

ive left this alone the one for bos for me but we appear in the same boat - and ive not heard from them only getting statements, i just feel a court case is looming though,, :eek:

anyway will do and do dinner and update my threads later and check again on this for any updates for you

keep positive

help is here for both of us im sure laters caggers x angel :cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

SO let me get this straight they are saying they have NOT terminated ? but you have termination letters from them ???

Hi 42 Man - sorry I have not replied to you sooner - Yes - I wrote to them and they say the agreement has not been terminated - however I have one letter from Preference and two from Mastercard stating "...as a result your agreement has been terminated" - Citizen B has helped a lot with some links for OFT complaint and has been posting on this thread.

They both continue to add charges and interest and today we received a letter from IQOR - "Notice of Legal Proceedings" for the FULL amount. It is dated 11th April - I have written to them on 12th April (bemused letter, doorstep call letter, against OFT guidelines and termination - Woodchester) so our letters have crossed. I will be contacting the OFT by letter asap. thanks

I think they are trying to tie me up in knots!!!!

Edited by cleo4patra
spelling

and to quote the lovely (not) Yvonne ' We make no errors':rolleyes:

Oh Cleo they are complete tw*ts I cannot believe they seriously have a consumer credit licence

They have passed it to a DCA it QUITE cleary is terminated!

Milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Hi 42 Man - sorry I have not replied to you sooner - Yes - I wrote to them and they say the agreement has not been terminated - however I have one letter from Preference and two from Mastercard stating "...as a result your agreement has been terminated" - Citizen B has helped a lot with some links for OFT complaint and has been posting on this thread.

They both continue to add charges and interest and today we received a letter from IQOR - "Notice of Legal Proceedings" for the FULL amount. It is dated 11th April - I have written to them on 12th April (bemused letter, doorstep call letter, against OFT guidelines and termination - Woodchester) so our letters have crossed. I will be contacting the OFT by letter asap. thanks

I think they are trying to tie me up in knots!!!!

BOS Mastercard - upon checking response to my complaint - Yvonne Sneddon writes (18/02/09)".... I do not therefore agree that the deafult is invalid or that the agreement is terminated....- Details of the default have already been advised to the Credit Reference Agencies and will not be removed."

Can a group do a complaint to the OFT as this is farcical:mad:

I agree - and to compound it even further had a second response from Brian Williamson saying NO defauilt has been registered!!! Then had a third response denying me refund of charges when previously they hade made an offer but with (IMHO) strings attached!!

Thanks everyone for your input

Taken from the ICO website - "The information may be sent to you as a computer print-out, in a letter or on a form. You should be able to understand the information, and any codes should be explained"

Hi 42 man, CitizenB and everyone else - just checking paperwork

On 12th Feb Preference response to complaint (After termination) "You state default is legally invalid, however I note you had previously requested a repayment plan. thereby acknowledging existence of the debt. With regard to the termination notice you have received , I would advise that we withold our right to refuse issue of another card, however that does not mean the account is inactive"

Well they withehld their right to issue another card a good few months before the termination notice because they wrote separately.

hiya cleo

they are on my radar next, im going thru my sars tomorrow and will let you know more and also milly said she will help too

i think they are trying to make out they have not terminated, so if a letter is sent that the account is terminated is that not meant to be correct from them, like they have sent us all?

i think they realised they defaulted on dodgy dn and terminated and then some bright spark realised and now making out they have not terminated our accounts, cos only the arrears are now only available to be collected

i have got this right havnet i?

what about 3 ladies with the media taking our cash for our arrears to bos and paying what is only due,,,, fancy a day out gals,,,hehehehehe

laters angel x keep positive cleo,,,,nothing can hurt you only if you let them!

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya cleo

they are on my radar next, im going thru my sars tomorrow and will let you know more and also milly said she will help too

i think they are trying to make out they have not terminated, so if a letter is sent that the account is terminated is that not meant to be correct from them, like they have sent us all?

i think they realised they defaulted on dodgy dn and terminated and then some bright spark realised and now making out they have not terminated our accounts, cos only the arrears are now only available to be collected

i have got this right havnet i?

what about 3 ladies with the media taking our cash for our arrears to bos and paying what is only due,,,, fancy a day out gals,,,hehehehehe

laters angel x keep positive cleo,,,,nothing can hurt you only if you let them!

I think we should ask for advice on a group action - seriously. I have been going through my paperwork and i have so much conflicting stuff it is very very clear something is amiss. Also I will go through my sars again . They deny account was "inactive" but I have definitely read that somewhere on of the SARs.

hiya cleo

before i go and watch hells kitchens...lol

i recall a letter the other week now, about they wont be issuing me with a new card,,,,, and well thats well after their termination letter

but of course they are adding interest charges etc, and so i will go through sars with fine comb,,,,

nite nite i may come on later see how i feel, bit drained today been helping my friend facing house eviction next week,,,

anyways keep positive we have milly with her prof,,,we may just ask him to come along as our star witness,,,, that will make his day wouldnt it,,,

sweet

laters and like BRW always tells us, dont panic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, keep your wits about you is my saying lol

laters angel x:grin:

I have just put all my paperwork in date order (thanks CitizenB) there is a letter dated 13th March stating ...."I can confirm that we are not at that stage yet....if this does not happen, in due course the agreement will be terminated...."this has already happened (Mastercard)

BOS Mastercard - upon checking response to my complaint - Yvonne Sneddon writes (18/02/09)".... I do not therefore agree that the deafult is invalid or that the agreement is terminated....- Details of the default have already been advised to the Credit Reference Agencies and will not be removed."

I agree - and to compound it even further had a second response from Brian Williamson saying NO defauilt has been registered!!! Then had a third response denying me refund of charges when previously they hade made an offer but with (IMHO) strings attached!!

Thanks everyone for your input

along with your last post, it clearly proves that their left and right hands dont communicate.

You are correct in saying there is a lot of conflicting information.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They are right to the very limited extent that not issuing a new card is not the same as termination nor does it require a DN.

However, in your situation, that is just a red herring.

Absolutely:)

BCOBS

Good morning cleo and all

im also thinking whilst you are going through your sars did you ever get any copies of letters that Were Sent to You,,,,i can at at the moment only see letters Ive Sent to Them...

so just thinking have they not provided all the data to me and perhaps you?

im thinking that would they have to provide copies of their dn and their previous termination letters as part of the data via SARS? just my thoughts this morning for us and for milly

ta muchly, will be back later

keep positive angel x

Good morning cleo and all

im also thinking whilst you are going through your sars did you ever get any copies of letters that Were Sent to You,,,,i can at at the moment only see letters Ive Sent to Them...

so just thinking have they not provided all the data to me and perhaps you?

im thinking that would they have to provide copies of their dn and their previous termination letters as part of the data via SARS? just my thoughts this morning for us and for milly

ta muchly, will be back later

keep positive angel x

Hi - no copies of letters - but definitely the word "inactive"of one of the sars - I think the Preference around 26th November which would tie in with the letters - I will check for sure later

speak soon

Hi - no copies of letters - but definitely the word "inactive"of one of the sars - I think the Preference around 26th November which would tie in with the letters - I will check for sure later

speak soon

Maybe now the best thing we can do is wait for their next move - then use all of this conflicting stuff in the court???

Good morning both cleo and milly and all

im thinking now why not ? should they be included as per data i mean they record on the credit ref agencies ie any late payments, they send us statement s with the 12.00 charge, so why not the Default letter sent to us that allows them to register a default at the credit files and our termination letters?

is it now a information commissioner office query?

wonder if the more legal people can help with this pls

laters angel x have a sunny day:)

Good morning both cleo and milly and all

im thinking now why not ? should they be included as per data i mean they record on the credit ref agencies ie any late payments, they send us statement s with the 12.00 charge, so why not the Default letter sent to us that allows them to register a default at the credit files and our termination letters?

is it now a information commissioner office query?

wonder if the more legal people can help with this pls

laters angel x have a sunny day:)

Because if they send copies of termination letters it means they are acknoweledging termination?????

Do any other CAGGERS with this problem with BOS have loads of conflicting information???

Perhaps the legal people could help us with this please thanks

Cleo, I would say that anyone dealing with BOS is receiving conflicting information:rolleyes:

BCOBS