Not sure if anyone can help me re: complaint to a gas engineer

mrsmagoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basically I saved up for months to be able to afford a new tumble dryer, it was delivered on 27th October. I had a contractor visit my home on 31st October to make a bolier repair and he stood or kneeled on it to reach the boiler and made a considerable dent in the top right on the front. It looks awful and I am gutted because it took me ages to save up for it. The contractors have accepted they were at fault. He didnt have a ladder so he must have stood on something.

I received a phone call from the company on 1st November, the man was very rude, shouting at me down the phone calling me a liar and asking me what I expect him to do about it. I said I want it fixed through the manufacturer so that my warranty isn't at risk after all I had only had it for four days. He said he had already ordered a replacement top, but nothing had been agreed at this point so thats tough imo.

After being ignored for a week I chased it up yesterday and they have said I have two options. The first is that I let the contractor fit the top while being supervised by a gas surveyor (what he has to do with it I dont know, I need a tumble dryer engineer) and the second the contractor supply the top and I pay for the manufacturer to fit it. I am really not happy with any of these options, but the stress is really starting to get to me now and I dont know whether it is worth pushing it any further and what my next step should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

have you paid the gas engineers bill ( you could deduct cost of repair from that )

If they damaged it they must either replace and fit the damaged part or give you the monetary value so you can replace it and have it fitted. ( you dont actually have to get it fixed if you dont want to, but they must pay for the damage.

You can also claim of their insurers, ask for their details. ( they wont like that as it wil impact on their premium. ) they must carry TP insurance to be in business.

You can also sue them in SCC if they dont play ball.

Thanks for that info, it was through the housing association so I presume they have already been paid. I told them I wasn't out to financially gain from it, just want it done properly without risking my warranty. I'll email them tomorrow and say that either they pay for repair through the manufacturer or I will take it to their insurers. Thanks again.