• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Subject access info received from Respondents (parts still missing)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

for all the caggers whom have helped with my Subject access request for disclosure of documents I would like to say a massive thank you.

I received a vital telephone recording which is going to be very good evidence to be used at the EAT Oral hearing 3(10)

Infact this telephone convo. was request by my solicitor before the original ET hearing back in March 2011

and existence of it was denied by the R's solicitor,

so shame that it took an SAR to get them to disclose what they should have disclosed first time around!

Excellent result none the less.

HOWEVER I still am missing parts of information.

E.G once this conversation took place the H.R manager advised that they would speak to other members of the department to inform them also.

All details of these further conversation/s have been left out.

Both recordings and emails omitted.

Q: how do I word a quick email to the respondent to say that EVERYTHING needs to be disclosed for an SAR as per the ICO guidlines.

Therefore these specific details of convo.s should be included also.

Therefore how does one word this legally? My request for FULL disclosure that is?

In the meantime I shall be on the phone to ICO

Many thanks and blessings Caggers

Regards

BB

Hi Billyboby,

Personally I would keep it simple with an email saying thanks for the documentation already received, however there does appear to be further documentation not yet disclosed. The documentation I still require is ...................... As the statutory 40 days allowed for disclosure have already passed, I require you to provide the remaining information as detailed above within 14 days.

DJ

You will be able to apply to have this as fresh evidence, i.e., evidence which was not available to you at the time. Look in the practice directions and make an application to do so, under the relevant section, so that it can be included in your bundle and looked at as "fresh evidence" formally.

Hi Pusillanimous,

excellent thanks for this, I just posted the question to your answer on my Oral hearing at EAT thread.

One thing, will the judge definitety see this, 'new evidence' and will it be given a proper look into by the judge.

In addition to this please can you point me to where I can find the practice directions online?

Kind Regards

BB

billyboby the EAT should have sent you the practice directions on receipt of your appeal. I would recommend contacting them and asking for a copy, as they are essential.

Please see also, re new evidence, a revision to the rules.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Mkp5QYuUVPgJ:www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/tribunals/employment-appeals/eat-practice-statement.pdf+&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgX4_xIvcnEx1Xl2auE5JEvqox3Ff35YkiQ9vWnSv78aZOBv_BZXu-04egkulsXqR6s8BHMF82DSxtqGMbRB9EPtPs05S9arrHKya24GJyvN743Oq50eM1mpwdA2y1QzmEGQxLI&sig=AHIEtbT4BLBalxiTT_LZBZ_cRCgbZh9uRA

billyboby the EAT should have sent you the practice directions on receipt of your appeal. I would recommend contacting them and asking for a copy, as they are essential.

Please see also, re new evidence, a revision to the rules.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Mkp5QYuUVPgJ:www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/tribunals/employment-appeals/eat-practice-statement.pdf+&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgX4_xIvcnEx1Xl2auE5JEvqox3Ff35YkiQ9vWnSv78aZOBv_BZXu-04egkulsXqR6s8BHMF82DSxtqGMbRB9EPtPs05S9arrHKya24GJyvN743Oq50eM1mpwdA2y1QzmEGQxLI&sig=AHIEtbT4BLBalxiTT_LZBZ_cRCgbZh9uRA

Hi Pusillanimous,

I have had a look at the above link but am still unsure of its meaning, apart from the caselaw cited, could you elaborate on this as I am confused!

Best wishes

BB

Basically, what the revision is saying , re fresh evidence, is that it should be forwarded to the original EJ, first as part of a request for a review. However, as there are strict time limits for this, this is probably well out of time, by now?

Any barrister bod here who can explain how this should work? Should BB#2 send the "fresh evidence" to the original ET or the EAT?

Hi Pusillanimous,

many thanks for clarifying this..

this evidence has only come to light yesterday, following an SAR disclosure.

It was requested before the ET hearing and its existence denied by the Respondnets solicitor.

Therefore the Review has already been submitted and refused and the appeal has already been submitted and refused. The refusal of appeal was back in July.

The Oral hearing is set for Feb 2013.

So I assume, the new evidence is well out of time for both review and appeal.

Best regards

BB

I would recommend setting out a formal application for submission of fresh evidence, as per the Practice Directions, and await their response (quote the PD regulation no. and subsection in respect of this). It is a formal court so you need to be formal.

Ask permission to include the fresh evidence in the bundle. (You do not need witness statements in the bundle.)

The EAT should have sent you a letter or e-mail telling you exactly what they want you to include in your bundle. If not contact your case worker and ask for the list.

I would recommend setting out a formal application for submission of fresh evidence, as per the Practice Directions, and await their response (quote the PD regulation no. and subsection in respect of this). It is a formal court so you need to be formal.

Ask permission to include the fresh evidence in the bundle. (You do not need witness statements in the bundle.)

The EAT should have sent you a letter or e-mail telling you exactly what they want you to include in your bundle. If not contact your case worker and ask for the list.

Hi Pusillanimous,

the caseworker has not supplied me with a any written documentation which details what they want included in the bundle, the caseworker is only agreeing to inform me verbally, which is not good!

I will make an application for fresh evidence later on today, do you know of a template I could use for this?

Regards

BB

Regarding the R's not including the information requested, the Respondents have undermined the case that was put before the judge/ court?

Have the Respondents breached disclosure rules? Because the Judge has made a decision without the full facts before him.

When the judge considered ET1 evidence at trial because fact was not proved (ie evidence was omitted) less weight was given to it, therefore the knock-on effect, the medical report that was received in December proved the disability and established the duty of care, as found in the judgment. However the respondent knew back in October of my bad health, deteriorating condition and had not taken any action, not made any adjustment in fact had imposed a very heavy workload and criticised me publically in terms of performance.

It was at this moment in time October to December the damage was being done in terms of mutual trust and confidence.

I have probably gone over this before but I am so worried that this new evidence will not be heard.

This new evidence needs consideration.

Sorry if I am repeating this!

Regards

BB

Excellent Pusillanimous for this,

I now have a copy of the practise directions :-o, I have had a look at section 8 (Fresh Evidence) and see now (sort of) how the new evidence needs to be submitted and what requirements it needs to meet (luckily the evidence meets all 3 requirements) however it seems that section 8 is concern with FH- full hearings?? and employment tribunal hearings and not Oral hearings 3(10). Please correct me if I am wrong, I will be onto the case worker first thing tomorrow.

Regards BB

8 Fresh Evidence and New Points of Law

8.1 Where an application is made by a party to an appeal to put in, at the hearing of the appeal, any document which was not before the Employment Tribunal, and which has not been agreed in writing by the other parties, the application and a copy of the documents sought to be admitted should be lodged at the EAT with the Notice of Appeal or the respondent’s Answer, as appropriate. The application and copy should be served on the other parties. The same principle applies to any oral evidence not given at the Employment Tribunal which is sought to be adduced on the appeal. The nature and substance of such evidence together with the date when the party first became aware of its existence must be disclosed in a document, where appropriate a witness statement from the relevant witness with signed statement of truth, which must be similarly lodged and served.

8.2 In exercising its discretion to admit any fresh evidence or new document, the EAT will apply the principles set out in Ladd v Marshall [1954] 1WLR 1489, having regard to the overriding objective, i.e.:

8.2.1 the evidence could not have been obtained with reasonable diligence for use at the Employment Tribunal hearing;

8.2.2 it is relevant and would probably have had an important influence on the hearing;

8.2.3 it is apparently credible.

Accordingly the evidence and representations in support of the application must address these principles.

8.3 A party wishing to resist the application must, within 14 days of its being sent, submit any representations in response to the EAT and other parties.

8.4 The application will be considered by the Registrar or a judge on the papers (or, if appropriate, at a PH) who may determine the issue or give directions for a hearing or may seek comments from the employment judge. A copy of any comments received from the employment judge will be sent to all parties.

8.5 If a respondent intends to contend at the FH that the appellant has raised a point which was not argued below, the respondent shall so state:

8.5.1 if a PH has been ordered, in writing to the EAT and all parties, within 14 days of receiving the Notice of Appeal;

8.5.2 if the case is listed for a FH without a PH, in a respondent’s Answer.

In the event of dispute the employment judge should be asked for his/her comments as to whether a particular legal argument was deployed.

Hi there Caggers,

please find enclosed the response to my SAR and my SAR request (pdf format).

Please note the respondents have sneakily tried to cover their tracks by saying that the conversation that they sent to me disclosed in the SAR, 11, fell into category A; Personal data which has already been identified and provided to you. This is simply not true as the telephone conversation was pivotal and would have been used at the ET hearing.

The consequence of the employer deception (denial of the existence of said recording, which now has surprisingly materialised) is that less weight was given to the date I informed Employer of my disability, because there was no evidence to back it up, even though the R's were fully aware of it they breached disclosure rules and now in the SAR are claiming that it was provided to me BLATANT LIE!

Question I need to rebuke the SAR disclosure provided in my attachment and point out that:

a) many emails/ recordings are still missing

b) there are blatant lies in there also.

Do I need submit my SAR and employers SAR response to the EAT for Oral hearing 3(10)??

I really could do with this extra info as my Oral hearing is fast approaching

HELP!

Edited by billybobynumeroduo

I would think the Compliance Director - but copy the HR Manager in any communication.. just to cover all angles :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

When is your hearing date ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would think the Compliance Director - but copy the HR Manager in any communication.. just to cover all angles :)

Hi there,

yes I have made a Subject Access Request and I have received a response, namely a few documents with a covering letter and fresh evidence from the 'HR manager' who is already implicated in the case/ lies etc etc. Well I say HR, the letter was signed by the HR manager, they probably havent written, prob company lawyers.

I plan to write back addressing to the Compliance Director as you say to cover all angles. I find it strange I wrote to the data protection officer and got a reply from the HR manager! Maybe should have addressed SAR to C.D in the first place.

I need my request to be dealt with by someone more senior. To my understanding the Respondents are under a legal duty for their compliance/ data protection officer to deal with the matter and not pass it to HR!

Please advise

BTW my Oral hearing under 3 (10) is early next year so just preparing bundles, skeleton and fresh evidence at the moment

best regards

BB

Response to the company's response following my SAR

xx November 2012,

x company Data protection officer

Subject Access Request

Response to letter dated xx November 2012

Thank you for the documentation received included the covering letter dated xx November 2012. This bundle was collected from xx, outside the back entrance to xx’s office on xx November 2012 by myself.

A Further disclosure required

There does appear to be further documentation not yet disclosed.

Part of the evidence I still require is:

1. Conversation, telephone call with xx

2. Conversation, telephone call with xx and xx November 2010

3. Conversation, telephone call with xx, xx December 2010

Please advise why details of these conversations have not been disclosed yet? Please disclose this evidence as soon as possible.

B Eratum regarding xx

Please refer to query number xx of my Subject access request as itemized by xx

To my surprise xcompany have disclosed alongside the letter dated xx November 2012, additional personal data. Namely a digital tape recording between myself and xx

Please note this is the first time this evidence has come to light and been provided to me, contrary to what is written in your letter dated xx November 2012,

“ Provision of copies of your personal data falls into one of the following categories :

“A your personal data which has already been identified and provided to you during the course of the Employment Tribunal proceedings. A further copy has been enclosed with this letter. This category applies to your query number xx; “

The digital tape recording between myself and xx has only been produced and provided to me, for the first time, in an email from xx (xx November 2012) to myself.

Therefore the first time I was provided with a digital tape recording of this conversation was the xx of November 2012 and not as xcompany claim provided during the course of the Employment Tribunal proceedings.

In addition to this, when the digital tape recording was requested by C solicitor,( xx March 2011) its existence was denied by R solicitor. If this is not the case then please put down your own version of the events with evidence to support your claim.

C xx

xx sent me two emails late on xx. Where are the details of these two emails?

I sent an email to xx In this email I asked xx if details of our conversation had been passed on to xx. I also mentioned I wanted the strictest confidence regarding the matter. In addition to this I sent xx a further two SMS text messages:

I received no response from xx in response to my email or SMS’s, therefore on Monday I called xx to get a response to my email.

During the call xx informed me that she had already informed Mrxx of the details regarding our conversation xx.

There does appear to be further documentation not yet disclosed.

1.a) Emails from xx to me xxx

b) Email to xx from myself: xx

2. Details of SMS messages sent to xx

3. Digital tape recordings and further details of my conversation with xx xx.

4.Details of x informing xx regarding the conversation (xx to xx Call)

I find it very unfortunate that this still has yet to be provided. xx is based in xx, and mrxx based in xx. XX indeed advised me she had informed mrxx, this communication must have taken place by phone or email. Therefore were is proof of this?

Please advise why details of these conversations have not been disclosed? Please disclose this evidence as soon as possible.

D Text to xx

Further documentation, for the first time was provided in xx letter, dated xx nov 2012.

Email from xx

“ME has contacted xx over the weekend to say that he has work problems and doesn’t know who to talk too! I understand that xx has a copy of the text.”

Please advise why details of this text has not been disclosed? Please disclose this evidence as soon as possible.

Despite searches having been carried out there still appears to be extensive information missing, therefore it is clear xxx are still withholding information?

Who made the decision not to disclose? If it was xxx was it done in consultation with xxx?

As the statutory 40 days allowed for disclosure have already passed, I require you to provide all the remaining information as detailed above and a response to this letter asap.

Yours faithfully

XXX

I really would appreciate any responses from you caggers,

I have made a subject access request the company has disclosed one piece of pivotal info to my et hearing, which was not disclosed at the time.

They are still making a mockery of the request as so much is being witheld.

I really need help

Best regards

BB

I would not waste time arguing the case with the respondents; they already know what the truth is. Save the arguments for the hearing. Keep your cards close to your chest. You are helping them to rehearse their answers by challenging them. You have to bear in mind, their documentation is geared towards convincing the EAT, or the ET in the future, should it be remitted, not you.

Re the fresh evidence. As the EAT judge will read your case in advance of the hearing, then you do need to have the fresh evidence included, and this means making an application to amend the NoA (see practice directions) and at the same time make an application to include the fresh evidence, using the PD sections and subsections as your headers (i.e., how it fulfils the criteria). Remember to request permission to include it in the bundle. You might want to do the two applications on separate documents as some do prefer to keep all issues separate.

I do not have a template. However, all you need is a blank page. Insert UKEAT provisional case reference, names of parties, date of Rule 3(10) hearing and a formal header clearly stating that it is an application. Sign and date it and send the original to the EAT and a copy to the other party.

Keep it brief, preferably no more than one page as that is all people tend to read.

Don't bother arguing the other party's case. Just state your own.

Ask how the revised statement to the PD April 2012 re fresh evidence will affect your application in your cover letter.

If you can find case law where similar evidence was accepted, this will make it stronger. (Include in your application to amend the NoA.)