style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2526 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all

im a newbie to all this :-)

im inquiring on behalf of my auntie & uncle who are in their 70s who i believe have been totally taken advantaged of by HFC bank in northampton.

they went to them in 1996 to get a loan to take all the family on holiday to florida.

long story short is that they came away with a loan of £15000 (alot more than they wanted) with ppi (which they didnt want)

& the loan was also secured on their home ( which they didn't realize at the time & would definitely not have agreed to).

i have helped my mum n a few friends reclaim bank charges & ppi in the past & are now helping them because im disgusted with what happened to them.

they have not got the original agreement but have a few documents such as an early repayment letter with the account number on & a letter concerning the charge on the property.

we wrote to HFC & have had a reply.

in this they said that they had sent an earlier acknowledgement letter (which was never received by my relatives)

also that they could not find any details of the account on their systems blah blah blah!!

so they requested that my relatives send a copy of the agreement & statements etc.

we have requested statements from the bank asap but we really need help & advice on our next move so if anyone could give some direction that would be FANTASTIC!!

thanks peeps x:-D

Hi Neen

typical of HFC sadly

even if they do have the details

they'll claim its been shredded long ago.

sadly without the agreement

you'll be a bit stuck.

is there ANY possibility they might have it

as for bank statements

they wont help

it might be an idea to SAR hFC

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

hi dx

thanks so much for replying to my thread:-D

I really dont think they have the original agreement as my auntie said that she shredded it! lol shes as bad as HFC i told her but il get her to check again.

can you tell me more about the SAR please? do we send that to HFC? :???:

i really do hope theres a way to help them get something back from HFC as they both havent been in the best of health of late.:sad:

best regards neen x

yep

pop it off to HFC with a blank PO

might be an idea to list any previous addresses [if moved from old ad]

and a utils bill copy from the present home.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?41752-User-Guide-amp-Contacts-Link&p=3686842#post3686842

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets