BB2012

Marshall Hoare email advise

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2525 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys

Been in here before regarding these people, been trying to email them constantly as well as the original loan provider speedcredit. Said I was issuing a formail complaint, and that I was more than willing to pay off the loan which was £200 plus one months interest. But not the £1009 that they are asking for now!!! Finally got a response from Marshall Hoare yesterday, which was:

Dear Xxxxxx

Please fax us a copy of your income support, any benefits you are receiving, and if you’re not working a letter of termination, JSA and P45 to 0203 137 0794 so we can look into this matter.

We DO need these documents before we can set any repayment plan up for you.

We cannot freeze your file from correspondence or charges until an amicable offer has been accepted and a repayment plan has been set up.

Yours Faithfully

Charlie Mason

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Telephone: 0843 381 1111

(224)

Now am I correct to assume they do not need these documents?? And what advise would any of you give on how to proceed? Still getting emails and texts every 4 says threatening door collection.

Many thanks guys :)

Edited by maroondevo52
Changed wording.

Don't worry, they won't show up at your door, its just empty threats.

Just keep offering them what you can pay and don't offer a penny more than you actually owe which is original loan + 1 month interest.

There are essentially two options:

1: Play hard ball: Tell them in no uncertain terms that until they start negotiating properly they will only get £1 a month.

2: Pay them against their will: Just pay them whenever you can whatever you can until you repaid the amount you owe (original loan amount + 1 month interest) and tell them to take you to Court for the rest where you will defend by every legal means deemed necessary. (don't worry, they won't actually try to take you to Court, I've been telling them to do so for over a year).

You are correct that they don't need to see proof of income / p45 / other similar documents from you. A Court could theoretically demand those, but that would require that it went there in the first place and that won't happen.