had a visit from tv licencing

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2718 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Yes very happy to, then spoke to an solicitor who told me that I could defend it if it went to courts again as I can gain prove that I had no freeview/live tv till Jan 18

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. It is a very big IF as well.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Got a letter of sky telling us the date we cancelled being 1/10/2012 and then brightsparks got hold of there tv engineer that came and fitted new youview box and he remembers fixing my tv cable

Does it really matter? The OP is going to pay, and if she does so they will review it and stop any alleged enforcement.

Besides it IS up to them to prove that she was watching live broadcasts, easily defended IF it ever came to it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yep! I have all in writing and on my phone is a call recorder thing so when I ring a company I tell them the call is being recorded and ask if they agree if they do call continues if not call ended and letter written

Yep! I have all in writing and on my phone is a call recorder thing so when I ring a company I tell them the call is being recorded and ask if they agree if they do call continues if not call ended and letter written

Excellent!

You don't need to tell them that the call is being recorded either, I have Truecall which records every call, I never tell the caller I am recording it, if any legal case was brought, you would simply be able to inform the Judge that you have a recording of the call and they can either listen to it or have it transcribed, if the other party objects to this, then why are they doing so if they aren't guilty of anything??

It was advised to me after we had constant harassment over a car on finance, got it and then this guy rang and threatened to hit me and have me arrested, rang police played recording the guy was arrested and told that he can not come near me or my family for 5 years and he put me in early labour so was awarded comp for it all

Good for you, :thumb:

I am just saying there is no need to inform the caller.

Hi, case deferred for monitoring, and also asked to do some placements with them as studying law and got told to call 2mz as may have something avail and it a paid job to!

monitoring their behavior? or monitoring you for TVL? And good stuff about the placements :) That's some awesome news :) It's nice to see that good things come from shocking stories!

Yes good news, well done!

@BB: What the heck is that in your avatar????

Pair of boots with a Beret and R.A. cap badge on top?

Pair of boots with a Beret and R.A. cap badge on top?

Ah I see it now! it looks like whatever the beret was on was put in the microwave and melted :D I couldn't make out what it/they were at the time :D

Ah I see it now! it looks like whatever the beret was on was put in the microwave and melted :D I couldn't make out what it/they were at the time :D

Watch it!!!!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:
Watch it!!!!

haha :) I'd never intentionally mock ANY of the armed forces. If there is anything I'm proud of... it's them.

Problem is seeing a 1" x 1.5" image (actual size) on a 40 inch screen isn't easy to pick up the detail on :D